SiouxSports.com Forum

Chris Gomez Home Run

MafiaMan

So what do you think? Treat every home run like it is the first one you have ever hit or go ahead and walk around the bases backwards if you want, it's entertainment?

It's one thing to get excited about hitting a home run and celebrating...then there's what Carlos Gomez did. He wasn't celebrating, he was taunting and chirping at anyone and everyone. No place for that in the game. He's supposed to be a "professional" baseball player. His antics going around the bases were anything but professional.

Absolute bush league. Brian McCann should be given a medal for sticking up for his pitcher the way he did tonight. I have no idea what got Freeman tossed though.

I see Gomez, despite his post-game commentary defending himself, is now busy posting apologies all over Twitter.

I'm assuming they counted the run, even though Gomez never touched home plate?

Yeah they counted it and they pulled Gomez out of the game after that, being the top of the first I suppose they thought it would turn into a beanball war if they didn't.

Absolute bush league. Brian McCann should be given a medal for sticking up for his pitcher the way he did tonight. I have no idea what got Freeman tossed though.

I see Gomez, despite his post-game commentary defending himself, is now busy posting apologies all over Twitter.

How about for opening his yap and starting the whole thing?

Sounds like this goes back, Maholm hit him a few months ago, maybe intentionally, probably factored in.

Freeman joined in late, Gomez starting jawing at Maholm on his way to first, then Maholm and Freeman jumped on it, then it all went to hell. I still don't know why Freeman was the only one tossed, something must have happened I didn't see in the scrum.

This. Can't wait to see these clowns swept out of the NLDS.

That's the biggest problem, everybody who homers wants to make a production out of it now, if you hit 3 homers in a World Series game like Reggie Jackson...take an extra second, everybody else...get moving.

How about for opening his yap and starting the whole thing?

Really? Did you see the big stare-down that Gomez gave the pitcher after his first swing-and-a-miss? Carlos was yapping at the pitcher the moment he hit that ball...Freeman was likely telling him to shut his mouth.

Really? Did you see the big stare-down that Gomez gave the pitcher after his first swing-and-a-miss? Carlos was yapping at the pitcher the moment he hit that ball...Freeman was likely telling him to shut his mouth.

nd

I'd stare him down too if I got plunked in the knee on purpose (the third time). Plenty of misbehavior all around on this one from both teams...but to start a thread and label Gomez "bush-league" and make McCann out to be some sort of folk hero is complete B.S.

nd

I'd stare him down too if I got plunked in the knee on purpose (the third time). Plenty of misbehavior all around on this one from both teams...but to start a thread and label Gomez "bush-league" and make McCann out to be some sort of folk hero is complete B.S.

Because Gomez knows when he is thrown at intentionally, right?

This is the second time this month the Braves had a confertation after and opposing team hits a home run. The reason to me that Freeman was ejected, because he was the first player other McCann to confront Gomez at home plate. I thought McCann should have been ejected with Freeman, Laird, and Gomez. When the Marlins rookie pitcher Fernandaz hit his first homerun on September 11 he watched it. Then he gets to home plate and the benches clear when McCann starts talking to Fernandaz. The Braves third baseman thew a !@#$ fit when Fernandez spit on the ground near third base.

In the past few years Gomez has OWNED Maholm; batting average: .450, 2 Doubles, 2 HR, 4 RBI, .500 OBP, 1.05 SLG. The Braves and Maholm shouldn't be upset with what Gomez is doing after he hits a HR, they should be more upset with themselves and how they are going to get this guy out. Personally, I have no problem with what Carlos Gomez did. What Maholm did back in June (and in previous years) was total bush league, 90mph fast balls hurt and could potentially injure someone/end their career. Gomez had two options here, he could have charged the mound back in June and settled it than or he could wait and let his play dictate his response, obviously he chose the latter of the two.

• Upvote 1