SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

Other NCHC games this weekend

UMD@CC (NCHC openers)

UNO@northern mich

WESTERN MICH @ Alaska goal rush tourney vs Uaa and Fairbanks

DENVER also at Alaska goal rush tourney playing Uaa and Fairbanks

SCSU bye week

Notable series

UW & BC

GOPHERS @ BEMIDJI ST go beavs!!

Denver's fall from the elite is likely to be another story this year. They had a "bad loss" to Alaska (Fairbanks) last night; a UA(F) team picked in the middle of the WCHA.

Can you imagine how good they would have been had Gwozdecky stayed? .... all the departures. I hope their AD is happy about all this.

Meanwhile, George and the Tampa Bay Lightning are looking very strong out east. Thinking of putting a couple bucks on their longshot Stanley Cup odds.

Denver just won't ever be the same without Gwoz. The guy could recruit good hockey players....and good goaltenders. His teams always played with a swagger whether they were up by 3 goals or down by three goals.

I think you'll see them at the bottom of the NCHC this year. I'm hoping they end up in last place.

Denver just won't ever be the same without Gwoz. The guy could recruit good hockey players....and good goaltenders. His teams always played with a swagger whether they were up by 3 goals or down by three goals.

I think you'll see them at the bottom of the NCHC this year. I'm hoping they end up in last place.

Denver's fall from the elite is likely to be another story this year. They had a "bad loss" to Alaska (Fairbanks) last night; a UA(F) team picked in the middle of the WCHA.

Can you imagine how good they would have been had Gwozdecky stayed? .... all the departures. I hope their AD is happy about all this.

Meanwhile, George and the Tampa Bay Lightning are looking very strong out east. Thinking of putting a couple bucks on their longshot Stanley Cup odds.

It's early yet under a new regime, so who knows how long the learning curve will be for the players. Remember how bad Denver struggled early last year, including a very bad weekend in Bemidji. The strength for Denver will be their defense, as they have a great defensive group. They may struggle to score goals, and if their early games are any indication, they will need some of that offense from LaLeggia, Mackowski, etc.

I've had the pleasure of living in Denver for the past seventeen years and Gwoz's smugness always bothered me but I really had a change of heart about the guy after the firing happened. Say what you will about his behavior at times but the guy was competitive and had passion. Plus, I'll always love him for publicly saying that UND will always be the Fighting Sioux as far as he's concerned.

I've had the pleasure of living in Denver for the past seventeen years and Gwoz's smugness always bothered me but I really had a change of heart about the guy after the firing happened. Say what you will about his behavior at times but the guy was competitive and had passion. Plus, I'll always love him for publicly saying that UND will always be the Fighting Sioux as far as he's concerned.

Around the NCHC and B1G...

-Wisco lost 9-2 to BC last night and 7-3 to BU tonight

-Nebraska Omaha split with Northern Michigan

-Gophers swept Bemidji

-Denver lost to Alaska Fairbanks AND Anchorage

-CC and Duluth split

-Western Michigan beat Anchorage last night and plays Fairbanks in the late game tonight

Guess will post here since it's far away but Lucia will be holding his wjt camp at mariucci dec 15-18 with a game vs Mankato mixed in. Do we even have any USA potentials this year or will the next two years have Murillo UND guys possibly with Gersich, schmaltz, Poganski and Mantha?

Assistant coaches include a DU guy, BC guy and Motzko from Scsu

http://www.usahockey.com/news_article/show/301192?referrer_id=752796