SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Athletics High Performance Center

GeauxSioux

The new facility at SDSU is 82'2" tall -- outside.  Inside, the clear height at midfield is 61'8".  The SDSU facility does not have a curved roof like UND...the SDSU facility (the field / running track are east/west) slopes from 82'2" on the south down to 70'6" on the south.  When the UND facility is completed, 60 feet will look plenty high. I suppose the scale of the UND building may make the roof seem closer compared to the SDSU facility but UND's facility will be 30,000 sq feet larger than SDSU's.  I've been in the SDSU facility a number of times and I can't imagine how big the UND facility is going to be.

Did I read correctly that UND is getting that building done for a little more than $13 million?  If so, that's a bargain.

The new facility at SDSU is 82'2" tall -- outside.  Inside, the clear height at midfield is 61'8".  The SDSU facility does not have a curved roof like UND...the SDSU facility (the field / running track are east/west) slopes from 82'2" on the south down to 70'6" on the south.  When the UND facility is completed, 60 feet will look plenty high. I suppose the scale of the UND building may make the roof seem closer compared to the SDSU facility but UND's facility will be 30,000 sq feet larger than SDSU's.  I've been in the SDSU facility a number of times and I can't imagine how big the UND facility is going to be.

Did I read correctly that UND is getting that building done for a little more than $13 million?  If so, that's a bargain.

There will be a second phase with locker rooms and coaches offices, etc...  I think the total will end up around 30m

It was originally $13.5 MM, later increased to $19.5 MM for Phase I. I think they added some things when they realized Phase II might be a while.

http://ndus.edu/uploads/resources/4296/22.-und-indoor-practice-facility-increased-spending-authority-111213-final.pdf

But they now moving some things back to Phase 2 as the cost of construction and construction materials are increasing rather rapidly. This is why I had hoped those of us on SS.com would help fund something originally scheduled for Phase 1 that is being pushed back due to lack of funds.

But they now moving some things back to Phase 2 as the cost of construction and construction materials are increasing rather rapidly. This is why I had hoped those of us on SS.com would help fund something originally scheduled for Phase 1 that is being pushed back due to lack of funds.

Oh cripes, that is the last thing we need right now. :sad:

Recently? Or before construction started? Isn't that what contracts are for.

The longer you wait for phase 2 the higher the construction costs.

Consistency with Campus Facility Master Plan and Budget: This project has been developed as part of a detailed athletics master plan undertaken in 2005 in response to the transition to NCAA Division 1 competition. An indoor practice facility was identified in this plan as one of the most critical needs for a successful transition to that division. It is a crucial element for the recruitment of student athletes and their subsequent success in both academic and athletic endeavors. The plan fully integrates with the campus master plan submitted to the SBHE in 2008 and remains fully consistent at this time. 

Hmm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That IPF is going to be great. 45-50 days behind isn't too bad at least it will be used this year. Should be a great tool to lure recruits of different sports.

• 3 weeks later...