SiouxSports.com Forum

2013-14 Season

UND Fan

• 4 weeks later...

Just noticed that of the 8 D1 teams we played in non conference this year 6 of the 8 made the post season. Wisconsin, Oregon, NDSU and Cal Poly made the dance. Pacific and SDSU made either the CBI or CIT. Only Butler and Bowling Green failed to make the post season. I'd say that was a very difficult non-conference schedule now that you look back at it. We were all complaining about the loses to Cal Poly ( who won their conference tournament) and also to Pacific.

Just noticed that of the 8 D1 teams we played in non conference this year 6 of the 8 made the post season. Wisconsin, Oregon, NDSU and Cal Poly made the dance. Pacific and SDSU made either the CBI or CIT. Only Butler and Bowling Green failed to make the post season. I'd say that was a very difficult non-conference schedule now that you look back at it. We were all complaining about the loses to Cal Poly ( who won their conference tournament) and also to Pacific.

The way UND lost to Cal Poly was embarrassing. I don't care what they did in their post-season tournament.

Which also makes the Bowling Green loss ugly. At least Butler made the dance recently, BG is just a nobody from the MAC. I hope UND can get some big OOC wins next season or even in the CIT once they get past Omaha.

It's crazy how one freak play can change a team's fortunes for the worse. Think back to the UND-NDSU game from December of 2012. Brandon Brekke takes an elbow to the face, gets a concussion and is never the same. Prior to that game, Brekke had something like 24 double-figures scoring games. After that injury he had one, and couldn't play at all his senior year. What a shame.

In case people forgot what he was capable of when healthy: http://www.undsports...TCLID=205363657

It's crazy how one freak play can change a team's fortunes for the worse. Think back to the UND-NDSU game from December of 2012. Brandon Brekke takes an elbow to the face, gets a concussion and is never the same. Prior to that game, Brekke had something like 24 double-figures scoring games. After that injury he had one, and couldn't play at all his senior year. What a shame.

In case people forgot what he was capable of when healthy: http://www.undsports...TCLID=205363657

That was a very interesting game with Huff only scoring 2 points and 3 sophomores led us in scoring in Brekke, Anderson and Schuler and Mitchell also had double digit points. You are right in the fact losing Brekke from that point on has changed what UND could have done this last year and a half. These 5 original seniors have played in so many big games together its rather amazing.

I know compare the lines

## Player Name FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA OF DE TOT PF TP A TO BLK S MIN

42 BJORKLUND, Marshall. f 5-9 0-0 3-4 1 6 7 1 13 0 0 3 0 32

24 BREKKE, Brandon..... f 8-11 0-0 1-5 1 3 4 3 17 0 2 1 0 26

NOTE: Please be careful trying to draw conclusions from direct comparison. Apparently many people think head to head comparison are useless.

Combined with the quality play that Mitch Wilmer was providing at the end of last year, I really wonder how different the outcome last season could have been with a healthy Brekke and an eligible Traylor.

Brekke's situation is really unfortunate. It seems like offensively gifted post players rarely land at this level. He was one of them. I wish him the best and hope he has or will recover completely.

Combined with the quality play that Mitch Wilmer was providing at the end of last year, I really wonder how different the outcome last season could have been with a healthy Brekke and an eligible Traylor.

Brekke's situation is really unfortunate. It seems like offensively gifted post players rarely land at this level. He was one of them. I wish him the best and hope he has or will recover completely.

Just think if the nc$$ would've let Nash play like they should've!!

We would be a lot better.

They do play complete fundamental basketball. Love the way tonight they dropped it down low and when double teamed kicked it out instead of forcing it. They moved the ball so well and always found the open man. How did we beat them?

We would be a lot better.

Agreed. Call me old school but Phillips looked and acted like a coach tonight - right down to the suit and tie. I am still picturing Jones and the haven't-shaved-for-two-days casual-Friday look he sported against Weber State.

Agreed. Call me old school but Phillips looked and acted like a coach tonight - right down to the suit and tie. I am still picturing Jones and the haven't-shaved-for-two-days casual-Friday look he sported against Weber State.

Saul helped coach my son's baseball team, he is a good guy off the court.

• 2 months later...

Curious why you bring it up but won't say any names and give any of your "inside" info other than trying to stir the pot. If your going to air someone's laundry, at least have the courage to do it.

Happened over a month and a half ago, good old boys a little slow on the draw? Still being sorted out from what I understand.