SiouxSports.com Forum

Dacotah Legacy Collection

jdub27

I ran to Scheels over lunch (was there at about noon) and they just had gray ones left.  I went to the bookstore at about 1:30 and they still had green ones left in both the Brien logo and the geometric Under Armour one (like the pink one above, but green with white text).  They won't last much longer.

8 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

I ran to Scheels over lunch (was there at about noon) and they just had gray ones left.  I went to the bookstore at about 1:30 and they still had green ones left in both the Brien logo and the geometric Under Armour one (like the pink one above, but green with white text).  They won't last much longer.

I just realized the lighting in my picture makes the lettering look pink.

I'm not cool enough to rock the pink, it's definitely white.

2 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I just realized the lighting in my picture makes the lettering look pink.

I'm not cool enough to rock the pink, it's definitely white.

Uh oh, let's not have another "is the dress blue and black or gold and white" situations on our hands lol.  Here's a quick picture I sent to my wife with better colors but worse framing.

2016-02-09.jpg

3 hours ago, Cratter said:

hmmm, wonder if UND will unofficially be the Fighting Sioux Forever. 

How many years til the hockey teams jerseys reference Fighting Hawks? 

I agree fully.   Stuff like this just prolongs the day that we eventually move on and finally unite.   As long as a few stubbornly cling to the Sioux name we will be stuck in the past.    It was voted on, and voted on way too often, so let's embrace the Hawk and just worry about winning championships.   A true UND fan would realize this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 13

3 hours ago, Cratter said:

How many years til the hockey teams jerseys reference Fighting Hawks? 

Probably sooner than you think.  The University will of course claim that cost and lead time are both critical factors, but I predict that if they can come up with a decent graphic identity (primary/secondary logos, typeface), then money and a willing and able manufacturer will both miraculously be found in short order.  Anything less than a winning look in the minds of a few power brokers, and the budget cuts will turn out 'far worse than expected,' causing the athletic department to make some 'difficult choices' that 'prolong the useable life of existing inventory' and, regrettably, 'defer implementation.'  Kind of a nice position where the coaches and leadership have veto power courtesy of the sluggish economy.  But even that will be short-lived, unless for some reason they really stocked up on "North Dakota" sweaters.

4 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Probably sooner than you think.  The University will of course claim that cost and lead time are both critical factors, but I predict that if they can come up with a decent graphic identity (primary/secondary logos, typeface), then money and a willing and able manufacturer will both miraculously be found in short order.  Anything less than a winning look in the minds of a few power brokers, and the budget cuts will turn out 'far worse than expected,' causing the athletic department to make some 'difficult choices' that 'prolong the useable life of existing inventory' and, regrettably, 'defer implementation.'  Kind of a nice position where the coaches and leadership have veto power courtesy of the sluggish economy.  But even that will be short-lived, unless for some reason they really stocked up on "North Dakota" sweaters.

I'd bet next hockey season the jerseys won't reference the Fighting Hawks.

The season after that maybe a small logo/name on the shoulders.

11 hours ago, TRex said:

I agree fully.   Stuff like this just prolongs the day that we eventually move on and finally unite.   As long as a few stubbornly cling to the Sioux name we will be stuck in the past.    It was voted on, and voted on way too often, so let's embrace the Hawk and just worry about winning championships.   A true UND fan would realize this.

A good rallying cry until you decided to separate people into "true fans" and "false fans."

11 hours ago, Cratter said:

I'd bet next hockey season the jerseys won't reference the Fighting Hawks.

The season after that maybe a small logo/name on the shoulders.

It's already been stated by the equipment manager(I believe?) that next year the jerseys won't say Fighting Hawks because the order was already submitted to Reebok along with all of the NHL teams.  So no, next year's jerseys will not referenced Fighting Hawks.

23 minutes ago, obborg said:

A good rallying cry until you decided to separate people into "true fans" and "false fans."

A true fan knows it's best to look to the future.    Not trying to slam anyone here, I'm just really tired of the Sioux Only crowd.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 9

9 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Says the guy with the Sioux logo in his avatar. Not trying to slam anyone? What would you call it, then? Gently mocking? Mildly scolding? :silly:

EDIT: He's now removed his avatar.

Huhh?   I've never had an avatar, let alone a Sioux one.    I think you were looking at someone else's profile, it certainly wasn't mine.

8 minutes ago, TRex said:

Huhh?   I've never had an avatar, let alone a Sioux one.    I think you were looking at someone else's profile, it certainly wasn't mine.

Whatever man. I saw it, but that's fine. I'll take it away from my previous post. Other stuff was still incredibly annoying, FYI.