SiouxSports.com Forum

The Nickel Trophy

Blackheart

You weren't born in 2003? That would explain some of your insight.

oh aren't you cute.

The idea that UND fans can use 62-45-3 as a way to say that UND is a superior program is insane. Do we have no other talking points, or is that really the best there is?

oh aren't you cute.

The idea that UND fans can use 62-45-3 as a way to say that UND is a superior program is insane. Do we have no other talking points, or is that really the best there is?

Hmmm...

The University of North Dakota has defeated the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences on the football field 17 more times than the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences has defeated the University of North Dakota.

Using that as a measure of superiority in an athletic event is extremely valid. To think otherwise just proves insanity.

Now, go raise some bail for your "student" athletes. Get busy. Season is coming up!

• Upvote 1

10>1.

7>0.

National championships at the highest level of college athletics.

Now, get busy making those brownies. Or sewing. Or raising bail for your "student" athletes. Or whatever else it is that you do at the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences.

:lol:

• Upvote 1

7>0.

Now, get busy making those brownies. Or sewing. Or raising bail for your "student" athletes. Or whatever else it is that you do at the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences.

10>1. That is...ten times the success in America's favorite sporting event than the University of North Dakota has had.

10>1. That is...ten times the success in America's favorite sporting event than the University of North Dakota has had.

You know what? That's the dumbest thing I have read on the internet in a long time.

And I've read Lakesbison after one of his drinking binges. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Don't get Hayduke going about the FCS not being the highest level of college football. You will never get him to shut up!!!

Oh I've seen it before! At one point or another, he will upset some fellow UND fans though for badmouthing the football program and belittling the achievement that is the National Championship.

Don't get Hayduke going about the FCS not being the highest level of college football. You will never get him to shut up!!!

It is what it is. And it isn't the highest level of that sport in college athletics. Thus, the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences has never won an NCAA championship at the highest level of the respective sport.

The University of North Dakota has 7 times.

This is called....reality. If you don't like it, tough.

Please don't include "poll titles" as the NCAA does not view those as championships.

I sure as heck don't count them. And for those who would claim that I would have a different perspective if UND had won one of those beauty contests, the answer to that is absolutely not. Any title not won on the field of play is not a title. Period.

I thought you guys only had two FCS championships? And when did we win our FCS championship?

Good point. When Ag Tech moved up about 10 years ago, they claimed not to care about those Division II titles anymore. "We don't want any more titles that have Division II on them" was a common refrain from the Ag Tech faithful. I am surprised they didn't take down all those Division II banners from the roof of the Fargodump and stuff them into a storage unit someplace. Now they bring it up all the time.

I suppose they'll start talking about all their national club hockey championships next, even though they probably had the local YMCA team on the schedule most years.

Good point. When Ag Tech moved up about 10 years ago, they claimed not to care about those Division II titles anymore. "We don't want any more titles that have Division II on them" was a common refrain from the Ag Tech faithful. I am surprised they didn't take down all those Division II banners from the roof of the Fargodump and stuff them into a storage unit someplace. Now they bring it up all the time.

I suppose they'll start talking about all their national club hockey championships next, even though they probably had the local YMCA team on the schedule most years.

I find it funny that someone who is a fan of a team who plays in the Alerus refers to the dome as a dump.

If you want, I can send you and "NDSU Hockey : Undefeated since(I forget the year)" shirt.

7>0.

Would you tell UND'S football team or the Women Basketball team or any non hockey sport at UND that their current Championships they have won or future Championships they might win don't/won't matter because it wasn't won at the highest level. If you do tell them please let me know because I would love to see what they have to say.

Would you tell UND'S football team or the Women Basketball team or any non hockey sport at UND that their current Championships they have won or future Championships they might win don't/won't matter because it wasn't won at the highest level. If you do tell them please let me know because I would love to see what they have to say.

It's great to be the best at your level, but it's much better to be the best at the top level. You don't see MLB or NHL teams including AAA or AHL titles as championships. I don't say this to diminish the effort and work the other student athletes put in, but the truth is that if a football player could be seeing playing time at a major conference program they would not be at UND or NDSU.

It's great to be the best at your level, but it's much better to be the best at the top level. You don't see MLB or NHL teams including AAA or AHL titles as championships. I don't say this to diminish the effort and work the other student athletes put in, but the truth is that if a football player could be seeing playing time at a major conference program they would not be at UND or NDSU.

So would you be more impressed if NDSU won a national title in wrestling? Or if UND managed to win a men's tennis title? Would you be more impressed or excited about these than football title?

So would you be more impressed if NDSU won a national title in wrestling? Or if UND managed to win a men's tennis title? Would you be more impressed or excited about these than football title?

I'd be very impressed if ndsu won the ncaas as a team in wrestling. Much more impressed than I would be by their fcs football titles.