SiouxSports.com Forum

The Nickel Trophy

Blackheart

Just curious as to it's whereabouts...I know UND was the last winner of the trophy but wondering if it's somewhere on campus on display...or do people from the losing school still try and "steal" it?

I think Lakes tried to steal it but was too drunk to find Grand Forks.

To be serious it should be on display at the Alerus Center for everyone to see.

I think Lakes tried to steal it but was too drunk to find Grand Forks.

To be serious it should be on display at the Alerus Center for everyone to see.

Too easy for me to steal it then though. In all honesty, it should be in a museum of some sorts if the teams don't plan on playing for it anymore.....or mounted in my living room...that'd be fine with me too.

I think we could just repost this discussion from last year (every year). Of course the fans of the team that don't have the trophy have lots of ideas on what to do with the trophy. UND has every right to keep the trophy UND:

Holds the overall win/loss record

Won the last time the teams met

No way it will ever be up for grabs again - it's too politically incorrect. I could see it going to the ND state museum on the capital grounds and would love to have the display include the score of every game played in the series along with the ESPN? program featuring the rivalry segment.

• Upvote 1

I think we could just repost this discussion from last year (every year). Of course the fans of the team that don't have the trophy have lots of ideas on what to do with the trophy. UND has every right to keep the trophy UND:

No way it will ever be up for grabs again - it's too politically incorrect. I could see it going to the ND state museum on the capital grounds and would love to have the display include the score of every game played in the series along with the ESPN? program featuring the rivalry segment.

SFA and SHSU(I think SHSU) play for a giant life size statue of an indian chief.

SFA and SHSU(I think SHSU) play for a giant life size statue of an indian chief.

And the nickel is just a replica of an actual coin so why not play for it again BUT only when the two are in the same conference until then put in a museum or the Alerus with the Sitting Bull Trophy (winner of the UND-USD game).

Too easy for me to steal it then though. In all honesty, it should be in a museum of some sorts if the teams don't plan on playing for it anymore.....or mounted in my living room...that'd be fine with me too.

The Nickel is in its rightful place in GF. Nothing really more to discuss here.

• Upvote 3

It was NFL Films "Football America". It was 21-7 good guys, final.

Yeah, that's the one. Where Rocky Hager comes off as a stark raving lunatic...you know the advice "just be yourself"...usually true...but not in his case.

Yeah, he came across as an a$$ because he is an a$$. My Colorado friends commented after watching that show that the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences had an idiot for a coach.

Hey, at least they don't have an idiot for a coach anymore. Just a criminal enabler. I'm not sure which is worse...

Should be put in a museum somewhere with the scores of every official meeting between the schools. That would be pretty cool.

My dads old frat stole the trophy a while back and I got some pictures taken with the trophy. Pretty cool. Heavier than it looks.