SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL expanding to Seattle in 2014?

MafiaMan

Since someone didn’t read the article they posted about Texas getting a new arena for free.

OVG will build and manage the arena, giving UT approximately 60 dates annually for men’s and women’s basketball games, graduations and other school-related functions.

Upon completion, the university will own the building. However, OVG will recoup its investment by keeping the revenue generated, including things such as concessions, for 10 years. After the first decade, Texas will get a portion of the annual revenue, according to the source.

That is how OVG is making the money back. Was in the first 4 paragraphs, really hard to miss that bit of information.

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

Since someone didn’t read the article they posted about Texas getting a new arena for free.

That is how OVG is making the money back. Was in the first 4 paragraphs, really hard to miss that bit of information.

You seem incapable of doing simple  arithmetic. UT would have to sell out the lower bowl for mbb, wbb, and Vb every season for 10 years with $50 per person in concessions.  That wouldn’t even take OVG to break even as they would have an enormous interest to pay.

4 hours ago, Goon said:

He misses the point all of the time. He also invents stories out of thin air. 

Talk about missing points.  Had a link from MSNBC saying the Trump will resign in two weeks.  It’s now past two weeks but it was published so by you it had to be true.   News sources aren’t always news as you insist as being legitimate.  Get you wife on, as she provide all your points so you have some ammunition.

6 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

You seem incapable of doing simple  arithmetic. UT would have to sell out the lower bowl for mbb, wbb, and Vb every season for 10 years with $50 per person in concessions.  That wouldn’t even take OVG to break even as they would have an enormous interest to pay.

The point is you didn’t read the article on how they are going to make back the money over 35 years including naming rights. 

OVG knows what is going to take to make the money back and you don’t.

27 minutes ago, cberkas said:

The point is you didn’t read the article on how they are going to make back the money over 35 years including naming rights. 

OVG knows what is going to take to make the money back and you don’t.

My point is you don’t have a clue about finances and simple arithmetic as I did them in my head when I read that article but you accuse me anyway..  Maybe if they get concessions from the adjoining fb stadium OVG can make a profit.

47 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

My point is you don’t have a clue about finances and simple arithmetic as I did them in my head when I read that article but you accuse me anyway..  Maybe if they get concessions from the adjoining fb stadium OVG can make a profit.

So the math you did in your head is better than what a company like OVG can do?

9 hours ago, cberkas said:

I don’t see how you can get UND is going FBS out of that. I would think the two guys are from FBS schools.

I agree, I don't see it either. Apparently, some can glean that it means UND is going FBS. 

9 hours ago, cberkas said:

I don’t see how you can get UND is going FBS out of that. I would think the two guys are from FBS schools.

I agree, I don't see it either. Apparently, some can glean that it means UND is going FBS. 

17 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Did not misconstrue anything.  But knew it would bother the hell out of you trolls.

FBS will not be mentioned when Montana and Idaho join the Summit, but a few years later they will announce.

You literally referred to a reference of where a new OL coach was coming from as some sort of cryptic message that UND was looking at moving to the FBS, so yeah, you did misconstrue something. 

Can you give me a date when Idaho and Montana are joining the Summit? You whiffed on the last deadline you put out there with the Summit and WAC combining by July 1, 2018. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So.... Seattle is getting an NHL team huh.

Hope they can right another wrong shortly for that city and bring back an NBA team.

So does that mean Phoenix gets kicked to the Central?

That’s what they are saying is going to happen. 

On 1/1/2019 at 11:36 AM, jdub27 said:

You literally referred to a reference of where a new OL coach was coming from as some sort of cryptic message that UND was looking at moving to the FBS, so yeah, you did misconstrue something. 

Can you give me a date when Idaho and Montana are joining the Summit? You whiffed on the last deadline you put out there with the Summit and WAC combining by July 1, 2018. 

If the announcements aren’t made by July 1st, 2019, I’ll shut my trap permanently to this board about Summit movement.

But UND’s DI hopes for a stable conference would be over permanently too.

Both Dixie St and Metro St of Denver are scheduled to announce plans in January and look for them both to end up in the Big Sky.  They may announce for the WAC but get traded.

EWU, the Montanas, Idaho, and Weber st will announce plans soon after.

12 hours ago, southpaw said:

Dallas gets the 2020 Winter Classic but no opponent has been announced.  It has to be Austin, right?

It could be the Arizona Coyotes who some say will be moving to Houston at the end of the season.

The Houston prospective owner has been making a fuss about a having smaller than $650 mill expansion franchise fee and relocations are often cheaper.

Austin won’t have an arena then, and neither will Seattle.

13 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

If the announcements aren’t made by July 1st, 2019, I’ll shut my trap permanently to this board about Summit movement.

So you'll move on from the Summit moving up but what will be the "new" way for UND to get FBS?

So far, you've had the Big Sky, WAC and Summit all moving up. I suppose you haven't mentioned just the MVFC.

I guarantee you'll still be around posting your lies, calling everyone trolls, and acting like a child when others can't read minds, stocks or Biblical references like you. 

6 minutes ago, southpaw said:

So you'll move on from the Summit moving up but what will be the "new" way for UND to get FBS?

So far, you've had the Big Sky, WAC and Summit all moving up. I suppose you haven't mentioned just the MVFC.

I guarantee you'll still be around posting your lies, calling everyone trolls, and acting like a child when others can't read minds, stocks or Biblical references like you. 

Where will you, Goon and bison trolls go for their daily hate fix?  That's the question.

• 2 weeks later...

The OVG group manages 26 major arenas, all of them being NHL and NBA homes.  They haven’t messed around with being a primary college tenant, and Austin is an attractive NHL market no matter how you poo poo it..  OVG already runs the Spurs arena down the road in San Antonio and wouldn’t want a another competitor taking event space if they didn’t have major plans.  OVG is building the news arenas in Seattle and for the Islanders to expand their empire.  They have close contact with the NHL and NBA head offices due to the nature of their business.  Wouldn’t bet against OVG bringing an NHL team to Austin is all I’m saying.  You are one of the posters that said Vegas would be a crap market and look up happened.  Virgin pro markets get very enthused about their new ream.  Yuppies with money flock to Austin for high paying jobs, not Vegas except for long weekends.

http://www.oakviewgroup.com/alliance/

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

You are one of the posters that said Vegas would be a crap market and look up happened. 

https://forum.siouxsports.com/search/?&q=Vegas&author=southpaw&search_and_or=or

You need to get better at making up lies that can't be proven wrong.  Not a single post by me for or against the NHL in Vegas.

• 4 weeks later...

Nashville is seeking an MLB expansion team.  Charlotte and Montreal are probably the favorites, but Nashville seems to be coming on.  It has NFL and NHL teams and soon MLS.

The Nashville area roots for Atlanta, St Louis and Cincinnati, so Nashville would probably be placed in the AL if it gets a team.  Nashville had a bid in when Tampa Bay got a team, and that proposed stadium was shaped like a guitar, but Nashville is much bigger now.  It would have as a broadcast territory Tn, Ky, and at least parts of Al, MS, and AR.

Oakland and Tampa Bay still have issues with their new stadiums, so any move won’t happen until those teams get stadiums.

The downtown core construction when I was last there recently was unreal, as well as the traffic.  The Carolinas have much more people, but it’s not that concentrated in the state as there are many other cities.  Charlotte getting a team would take out a huge chunk of the Braves territory, but the Nationals have been making inroads there as Fox regional networks have Nat games in NC..

https://www.wsmv.com/news/local-businessman-pushes-mlb-expansion-in-nashville/article_f46d8802-280f-11e9-963e-df6d48925cd1.html

• 2 months later...
50 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Once again, Seattle shows how truly incompetent it is at doing anything. Renovating Key Arena instead of allowing a new arena to be built by the other arenas is turning into the huge mistake everyone (except the city council) knew it would be.

https://mynorthwest.com/1352200/keyarena-renovation-delayed-over-budget/

My uncle said the port really wasn't going to be effected by a new arena.

Would have been cheaper to build a new arena.