SiouxSports.com Forum

2013-2014 Season

SWSiouxMN

Hey...your account is good enough for me. Gospel. They sat her down after inviting her then simply said we have no interest in you. Thanks for stopping by. You bet. :silly:

What a fabricated crock of !@#$.

Her father has been a Gopher men's season-ticket holder for about 20 years so if you want to continue calling me a liar, knock yourself out.

Hey...your account is good enough for me. Gospel. They sat her down after inviting her then simply said we have no interest in you. Thanks for stopping by. You bet. :silly:

What a fabricated crock of !@#$.

Geez, one loss by the women's program after their huge streak and you blow a gasket.

Calm down man, things will be...ok.

:)

As expected, the Star-Tribune put their pro-Gopher slant on the loss, making it sound like a "win".

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/232274441.html

Junior defenseman Rachel Ramsey forgot about the loss for a moment as Gophers fans overpowered UND’s celebration.

“You look around and you’ve got thousands of people telling you that they still love you even though you did lose that game, kind of giving a testament to the streak,” Brausen said. “What a special feeling. That cheer, that might have been as special as a cheer after a big win.”

:glare:

The streak is over......we lost the game......but we are the "real winners". Yeah, okay, whatever. :silly:

The next streak that really needs to end is the NCAA title streak. And it can't happen soon enough for me. Time to serve up a well-earned and well-deserved hunk of humble pie. :angry:

And if this post qualifies as "ripping" a "student-athlete", then so be it. No more Mr. Nice Guy. :devil:

They'll have to console themselves knowing a freakish 10 of the 62 were against the team who snapped it. :)

At least these teams are willing to face off.

I think what's remarkable about that streak is how a few bounces and some good goaltending can cost team a game on any given night. For them to avoid that for 62 games is just outstanding.

It will be good to see these two teams meet again with more on the line.

I watched a player post-game interview. She said something about how going 40-1-0 this season toward a national championship is still what they're looking for. She also mentioned that they "dominated" for 40 minutes. I wasn't able to watch, but that wasn't the feeling I got from following the chat. It sounded like race-horse hockey until probably the last 7:30 of the game.

I'm very interested to see how Minnesota will continue after this. A streak like that can do a lot for confidence and can be a hindrance as well. It would be nice to see Minnesota look "normal" for a while. There were games during their streak they probably didn't deserve to win, but somehow got the bounces. I don't mean that in a disparaging way by any means. The games went the way they went, but it's nice to know that they're beatable. I've followed very closely and I didn't care who beat them this season. I'm sure there were a lot of people in the women hockey world last night that became UND fans if only for a night. :lol:

I think what's remarkable about that streak is how a few bounces and some good goaltending can cost team a game on any given night. For them to avoid that for 62 games is just outstanding.

It will be good to see these two teams meet again with more on the line.

Truly is a remarkable streak, but don't think that being beaten by a better goaltender was going to happen often with Raty, probably the best goaltender in the world. With her gone, the chance of beating them with a great goaltending effort is a lot more likely.

I watched a player post-game interview. She said something about how going 40-1-0 this season toward a national championship is still what they're looking for. She also mentioned that they "dominated" for 40 minutes. I wasn't able to watch, but that wasn't the feeling I got from following the chat. It sounded like race-horse hockey until probably the last 7:30 of the game.

I was at the game, and while I wouldn't use the word "dominated," I would definitely say they had the better of the chances in the last 40 minutes of the game. It would have been interesting to see how the game had played out if UND hadn't jumped out to a 3-0 lead after the first. I think that really changed the style both teams needed to play for the rest of the game.

UND didn't spend as much time on the attack as UM, obviously, in the 2nd and 3rd, but from what I saw they did a great job of keeping everything to the outside. Minnesota found it to be pretty tough sledding in the middle of the ice.

you know und girls were beat bad saturday, its like being beat 49-7 in football, by 30 with home court advantage in basketball, its like a 1st period pin in wrestling, they came out sunday and played hard. did what they needed to do. congrats on winning streak, but very big congrats on und for not being #63

As expected, the Star-Tribune put their pro-Gopher slant on the loss, making it sound like a "win".

http://www.startribu.../232274441.html

The streak is over......we lost the game......but we are the "real winners". Yeah, okay, whatever. :silly:

The next streak that really needs to end is the NCAA title streak. And it can't happen soon enough for me. Time to serve up a well-earned and well-deserved hunk of humble pie. :angry:

And if this post qualifies as "ripping" a "student-athlete", then so be it. No more Mr. Nice Guy. :devil:

A special kind of stupid. :lol:

http://www.startribu.../232274441.html

You do realize you are just promoting the gopher stereotype by coming on to someone else's message board and being obnoxious. You may not agree with what people are spouting, but there are ways to disagree, especially when you are a visitor.

You do realize you are just promoting the gopher stereotype by coming on to someone else's message board and being obnoxious. You may not agree with what people are spouting, but there are ways to disagree, especially when you are a visitor.

PROMOTING it? Gopher fans LOVE that stereotype!

to play #1 and then #3 in country, it is going to be very exciting! can not wait to see how the ladies do friday, two very different teams to see in a week. will help them when come march.

I was thinking this earlier this week, but what asshole set up this schedule?

"Hey everyone has to play Minnesota and Wisconsin so lets just have one team do it in back to back weekends!"