SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Volleyball Season

SWSiouxMN

Horrible day for UND athletics :sad:

Feel sorry for the kids, but not for the coach. Hardee is apparently a good coach, but way too arrogant. When UND went into the Big Sky, he pretty much guaranteed they would win the Big Sky and get into the NCAA's. He said even if the didn't win the tournament, they would be a Top 25 type team and get an at large bid. Do you suppose he will be watching tomorrow with his team waiting for their name to be called?

Feel sorry for the kids, but not for the coach. Hardee is apparently a good coach, but way too arrogant. When UND went into the Big Sky, he pretty much guaranteed they would win the Big Sky and get into the NCAA's. He said even if the didn't win the tournament, they would be a Top 25 type team and get an at large bid. Do you suppose he will be watching tomorrow with his team waiting for their name to be called?

You would take him as the coach at FU in a second.

He's not only a good coach, he's a pretty good guy. He's proud of his team and very confident in their abilities. Those aren't bad qualities for a coach.

Idaho State swept Portland State, so that makes me feel a little better. As far as Hardee goes, I love his confidence, even if he is arrogant. He's still building his volleyball empire, and I do think he can get the program to NCAA berths - hopefully as soon as next year.

Hardee is apparently a good coach, but way too arrogant. When UND went into the Big Sky, he pretty much guaranteed they would win the Big Sky and get into the NCAA's. He said even if the didn't win the tournament, they would be a Top 25 type team and get an at large bid.

And this coming from you at a school that has a coach named Saul...

• Upvote 1

Hardee has said numerous times that it is his GOAL to BUILD the program into a top 25 type team that competes for the Big Sky every year. And that is the direction the program is headed. I love that attitude. All of our programs should have that attitude. But spin it how you want to. Comprehension never has been a top quality of NDSUA&AS students and graduates.

It wasn't the ending to the season we had all hoped for but it doesn't diminish the fact that it was another great season for the team. Regular season co-champs in year two is an accomplishment. Considering where this program came from in DII and where it is now, I will take it. It takes a while to build a winning tradition and each season that the program takes another step just gets us closer to accomplishing Hardee's vision.

Does anyone else get the feeling that we have way to many Bison fans worried about UND's athletic teams? Bison fans are all over the basketball topics too. You would think that they would be more worried about their own programs since UND is beating them in all the sports they are willing to play UND in.

• Upvote 2

Does anyone else get the feeling that we have way to many Bison fans worried about UND's athletic teams? Bison fans are all over the basketball topics too. You would think that they would be more worried about their own programs since UND is beating them in all the sports they are willing to play UND in.

Agree... I live in Fargo and there is definately some envy of UND for some reason...minus the FB programs which I totally get. And I have never been over on BV and never will. Why? Cause I don't give a _____ bout them enough to waste my time there.

• Upvote 1

Agree... I live in Fargo and there is definately some envy of UND for some reason...minus the FB programs which I totally get. And I have never been over on BV and never will. Why? Cause I don't give a _____ bout them enough to waste my time there.

I live in Fargo as well. The chip on the shoulder, we want respect factor is palpable.

Jan Brady syndrome in full effect.

NDSU=Jan Brady

UND=Marcia Brady

su fans have a need to feel superior. They have great fan base with many things to feel good and proud about. but many of them are scared as hell about UNDs success. They know that eventually UND would be as successful as them. Even overtake them. As this plays out expect SOME of them to get worse.

I live in Fargo as well. The chip on the shoulder, we want respect factor is palpable.

Jan Brady syndrome in full effect.

NDSU=Jan Brady

UND=Marcia Brady

In volleyball, the top recruits in the FM area are choosing UND (Dooley of Central Cass, Fraase of Shanley), so the Jan Brady syndrome is taking is full effect!

Thanks to Ellen Krueger, Lisa Parlich, and Ronnie Munkeby and the rest of the girls for the first Big Sky championship!

Idaho State must have unveiled a new wrinkle that the other teams had not seen yet. Next year, need the Betty to host.

But Hardee is a great coach. How could he be taken by surprise by another much inferior coach. Are you saying he was outcoached? You better watch what you say about him.

I think the breakdown goes like this

Men's BB

2010-11: NDSU

2011-12: UND

2012-13: NDSU

2013-14: UND

Record: Tied 2-2

Women's BB

2012-13: UND

2013-14: TBD

Record: 1-0 UND

Volleyball

2011-12: UND

2012-13: UND

Record 3-1 UND

Soccer:

2011-12: TIE

2012-13: NDSU

Record 2-1-1 NDSU

Baseball:

2009-10: UND 3-1

2010-11: NDSU 1-0* (Game up in GF was cancelled due to weather, thus only 1 game between the two teams)

2011-12: NDSU 4-0

2012-13: Split 2-2

2013-14: TBD

Record: 8-5 NDSU

Football: Haven't played

Softball: technically "haven't played" (they did play 2 games in a non-championship format which NDSU won both)

There is your 13-12-1 NDSU edge since the teams went to D-1. If I broke it down year by year

2009-10: UND 3-1

2010-11: NDSU 4-0

2011-12: NDSU 4-2-1

2012-13: TIE 4-4

2013-14: UND 3-0* (with women's bball and 2 baseball games remaining)

Any questions?

Thanks SW I will take your word for it. Interesting. UND caught up pretty darn fast. Decent chance we tie with WBB .By the way, nobody cared about baseball from 2010 through 2012. :) I was at a couple of those games. Don't the Newman Centers have some race every year that UND has won the last five??