SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Volleyball Season

SWSiouxMN

I don't watch a bunch of other mayches but seems Portland state dominated player nods. Who votes? And is it their rep of winning normally?

Congrats to our girls that got awards!

From bigskyconf.com: The team was selected by the league's coaches, who were not allowed to vote for their own student-athletes.

It will probably be neither.

Hardee was on with Tim and Swyg and this was brought up a couple weeks ago. Currently the regular season champ gets to host next year. But last year the #4 seed UNC won at home so that was a bit of an issue. The other problem is that Idaho joins the conference next year. With the even number of teams we are probably going to divisions. Hardee seemed to think regular season champ will host. I'm not sure how that will work with the divisions and you could have a tie between each division.

I'm really bummed by this scenario, but it makes sense. Just too bad that we will probably lose out.

Don't quite know if I'd consider this a confirmation, but on undsports.com, they have reported that starting next year, the regular season champ will host the conference tourney. http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=209325913 Can't wait for the Betty to start hosting Big Sky tournaments!!