SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Volleyball Season

SWSiouxMN

Montana earned their bid into the conference tourney over the weekend, so 5 of the 6 teams have been determined. The first four seeds are still up for grabs between PSU, UND, NAU, and ISU, with Portland State in the driver's seat for #1 seed. The final spot will be filled by either Sac. State (in driver's seat) or Northern Colorado, who needs helps from Sac. The most intriguing matchups for the final weekend with playoff implications are

NAU (13-5) @ UND (15-3) Nov. 21

SAC (9-9) @ UM (10-8) Nov. 23

PSU (15-3) @ ISU (13-5) Nov. 23

NAU (13-5) @ UNC (8-10) Nov. 23

Montana earned their bid into the conference tourney over the weekend, so 5 of the 6 teams have been determined. The first four seeds are still up for grabs between PSU, UND, NAU, and ISU, with Portland State in the driver's seat for #1 seed. The final spot will be filled by either Sac. State (in driver's seat) or Northern Colorado, who needs helps from Sac. The most intriguing matchups for the final weekend with playoff implications are

NAU (13-5) @ UND (15-3) Nov. 21

SAC (9-9) @ UM (10-8) Nov. 23

PSU (15-3) @ ISU (13-5) Nov. 23

NAU (15-3) @ UNC (8-10) Nov. 23

:huh:

UND at #106, PSU at #86. USD and Summit teams are dropping fast.

http://www.ncaa.com/...d1/avca_coaches

I wonder what the RPI would look like if UND had beaten PSU. I don't remember exactly what their RPI was last week, but PSU jumped about 15-20 spots after beating UND and UNC. There are now 3 Big Sky teams with higher RPI than the highest Summit League team.

Northern Arizona @ North Dakota in Big Sky Conference Volleyball - 7 pm tonight. If you are in the Grand Forks area, please support our girls en route to a Big Sky championship! If you are not, you can catch the game live on Midco, Fox College Sports, DirecTV, and of course watchbigsky.com. I read on UNDSports.com that UND has not beaten NAU in volleyball since joining the Big Sky, so there's probably even a little extra spark in these girls. This should be a fantastic display of Big Sky volleyball with 2 of the top 4 teams battling. A win this weekend (either tonight or Saturday) will guarantee a bye into the semifinals at next week's conference tournament.

Updated tournament info: UND and PSU will be the top two seeds (order still TBD) and receive byes into the semi-finals. ISU and NAU will be the third and fourth seeds (order still TBD), and UM and either SAC or UNC will round out the tourney qualifiers. If SAC wins its final game (@UM), they're in. If SAC loses and UNC loses, SAC is still in. If SAC loses, and UNC wins, UNC will be in. My personal opinion is that I would love UNC to miss the tournament, because they have the potential to be a big-time spoiler.

North Dakota * 16-3 21-10

Portland State * 16-3 19-10

Idaho State * 14-5 20-10

Northern Arizona * 13-6 19-9

Montana * 10-8 13-14

Sacramento State 10-9 15-15

Northern Colorado 9-10 13-16

Eastern Washington 6-13 9-21

Montana State 4-15 6-24

Weber State 3-16 7-26

Southern Utah 3-16 4-26

*Clinched Postseson Berth

Games left:

Saturday:

SUU @ UND

PSU @ ISU

Sac St @ UM

NAU @ UNC

EWU @ WSU

Monday:

UM @ MSU

• Upvote 1

Let's go Idaho State!!

Maybe we're not quite there, yet. But this somewhat reminds me of the old NCC days when a person would really pay attention to other games and teams across the league. Isn't it nice to be back in a meaningful conference again? I think this is great. Hopefully we'll be having to check the games and standings for the Men's and Women's Basketball seasons too.

• Upvote 1

I went to my first UND volleyball game at the Betty last night. Fun atmosphere. Great place to watch a game. My kids went to Shanley - looking forward to watching a Shanley grad (Fraase) play for UND in a few years.

Were you one of the 73 that bought season tickets last night?