SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Minnesota State High School Hockey Tournament

I cringe when the private schools win it. I'd love to see a school like East Grand win it, but nobody has a chance against St. Thomas this year.

I have an idea. All private schools be required to play AA. Or have a section of just private school teams in each division.

Until 1976 the private schools had their own tourney. Since 2000 the private school have won 15 championships and the public schools have won 11. Private schools should not be playing with the public schools. This is not just In Minnesota. This winter all most all of the basketball championships, boys and girls, were private schools in Arizona.

St. Thomas Academy will be moving up to AA next year. Then we'll really see how good they are.

They'll still be good....check out their schedule, they play and beat most of the big schools. They should have played AA all along, how Holy Family moved up faster than they did is ridiculous. I feel bad for the EGF and Hermantown's of the state.

Wow, talk about no class from STA players and fans. No respect for those guys.

Agree with you many reasons nobody else in the state likes them besides their fellow cadets. Everyone also taking the shots at them with the "we have girls chant" or calling them "stgay" but I loved it when sta section chanted "whats a green wave?" and EGF section responded with "whats your city?" haha. Its hard to even want any of their skilled players and potential recurits just because of the way they act with things like cordinated celebrations and overall attitude. Even when they move to AA I will still hate them and really have no respect for them because the move should have been made about 3 or more years ago.STA will be able to compete in AA and they really have during the regular season for a few years now but it should be much tougher for them (unless they put them in section 1AA) to even get to the tournament and then yet win a championship.

The fact that STA is in class A is the biggest joke ever. They beat Shattuck St. Mary's this year for cripes sake. The lack of class shown by the players is ridiculous as well. I want EGF to come out in the third and physically beat the piss out of STA, cleanly of course.

The fact that STA is in class A is the biggest joke ever. They beat Shattuck St. Mary's this year for cripes sake. The lack of class shown by the players is ridiculous as well. I want EGF to come out in the third and physically beat the piss out of STA, cleanly of course.

I thought a gopher fan would root for Jordan Schroeder's former HS.

I thought a gopher fan would root for Jordan Schroeder's former HS.

Never. STA should have moved up to AA 5 years ago but they're a bunch of cowards. They'd be the favorite to win the AA tournament this year if they were in it, but at least they'd actually have to try to win the championship.

Never. STA should have moved up to AA 5 years ago but they're a bunch of cowards. They'd be the favorite to win the AA tournament this year if they were in it, but at least they'd actually have to try to win the championship.

Hill would be the biggest competition there and I believe they were 1-1-1 against each other this year.

Hill would be the biggest competition there and I believe they were 1-1-1 against each other this year.

Yep. STA has beaten Edina, Hill-Murray, Benilde St Margarets and Shattuck St. Mary's this year. And they're playing the flippin' Class A State Tournament. They might as well invite Shattuck and Michigan State to play in the Class A tournament.

They've won their last 8 games, all against Class A teams, by a combined score of 79-2 and haven't lost to a class A team since March of 2010.

STA isn't just a good AA level team. They are great. There's been many match-ups between top AA and A teams over the years that weren't the trainwrecks we've had the misfortune of witnessing at this year's tourney.

This is an EGF team that lost 4-3 at Moorhead (granted, one of the worst teams Moorhead has sent to state in recent years) in mid-January. Bottom line, normally the difference between a A tournament team and a AA tournament team isn't normally 11-0.

STA should be embarrassed they've hung around in A this long.

• Upvote 2