SiouxSports.com Forum

Indian nicknames in the news

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So just a recap: 1. The individuals wearing the shirts are not UND students. 2. The individuals wearing the shirts are not UND alumni. 3. The individuals wearing the shirts did not wear them to spr

Ask people with Marketing experience about the value of a brand/logo. We weren't the Fighting Sioux that was our name and logo. We were UND athletes and coaches who played for each other, our Univers

Here is my letter to the University: To whom it may concern, I am a proud alumni of the University of North Dakota, and I am writing this letter to express my sincere disappointment in the Uni

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I got a 1 day ban on reddit CFB for the highlighted post below....

image.png.cffa1b15120f8f2bf8e8ae7ed6917ded.png

This is the rule they claim I broke!

3. No racism, homophobia, sexism, rape jokes, victim blaming, or other bigotry

We want /r/CFB to be a friendly place for everyone. Even if you're joking, you never know when someone might misunderstand. This also applies to overly sexually- or racially-charged comments that may make groups of people feel uncomfortable or unwelcome. It also applies to jokes about sexual assault, rape, rape scandals, and jokes about domestic violence, as well as mental and developmental disorders. Using sexual assault, rape, domestic violence, or other such cases for flamebait also violates this rule.

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm guessing they wanted out from the word "Dixie" in today's climate. 

Idk

I've seen people saying its a good move because no one knows that Dixie State is in Utah and aligns them more with schools in Utah. Then the one's, like me, that wondered why it was called Dixie State to begin with and think its an good move. Then you have the ones claiming "wokeness" and hate all change.  

18 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I've seen people saying its a good move because no one knows that Dixie State is in Utah and aligns them more with schools in Utah. Then the one's, like me, that wondered why it was called Dixie State to begin with and think its an good move. Then you have the ones claiming "wokeness" and hate all change.  

To honor its co-founders, Rect and Normous.

• Upvote 1