SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 baseball

darell1976

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

UND beats UTPA in doubleheader at Kraft...UND BASEBALL: UND wins opener against Texas-Pan American | Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, North Dakota

UND third baseman Tyler Follis said it best.“You can’t script it any better that,” Follis said.With UND down to its last strike and trailing by three runs, Jeff Campbell hit a three-run home run and Follis followed two batters later with the game-winning single as North Dakota rallied past Texas-Pan American 6-5 on Friday at Kraft Field to complete a sweep of the teams’ Great West Conference doubleheader.UND won the opener 8-7.
The two teams play again today.

UND wins 25-5. Lockhert drives-in record 10 in rout of NJIT - UNDSports.com: Official Web Site of University of North Dakota Athletics

Not only did a UND player, Lockhert, set a school RBI record, but the thing that caught my eye was that the NJIT pitcher struck out a D-I high 20 strike-outs in his last game. He went just 3 innings against UND.

• Upvote 1

http://www.grandfork...ublisher_ID/40/

For the second weekend in a row UND took 3 out of 4 games against a Great West team. This past weekend, UND beat NJIT.

UND now stands at 20-19-1 overall and 10-10 in the Great West.

This marks the first time since turning Division I that UND has won 20 games.

We are playing well right now. Chicago State has only won 7 games all year - you would think that we would finish league play strong against them this weekend at home.

Add in the Brookings U game & we are 7 out of 9 and if you add in the previous weekend against NYIT we are 9 out of the last 13. The underclassmen are really doing a good job carrying the team right now! The guys should do well at home this Thurs-Saturday to bring us into our final GW tournament on a roll.

The WAC (even as ugly as it looks compared to what we know as the old WAC) should be a good baseball league going forward. Has anyone heard more if they are fundraising to finish the artificial turf in the outfield at Kraft Field? That is something we really need to finish for recruiting & getting games actually played going forward.

UND split with Chicago State on Friday and came from behind yesterday winning in 10.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/263963/

UND ends the regular season 23-21-1, heading to NJ this week for Great West postseason.

Are you sure the overall record isn't 23-20-1? I ask because I read somewhere that UND is guaranteed a winning season going into the double elimination GW tourney.