SiouxSports.com Forum

George Strait at the Alerus Center

Cratter

I'll take a shot...Motley Crue?  They are in Denver on Friday, July 31st and Winnipeg on Monday, August 3rd.  One would think they might try to find a Saturday or Sunday show somewhere between here and Denver...

I'm not so sure. The last time Crue was in Grand Forks the Alerus LOST money big time and with them being in Winnipeg it would be hard to justify paying the $500,000 upfront fee they charge.

• 1 month later...

I'll take a shot...Motley Crue?  They are in Denver on Friday, July 31st and Winnipeg on Monday, August 3rd.  One would think they might try to find a Saturday or Sunday show somewhere between here and Denver...

I'm not so sure. The last time Crue was in Grand Forks the Alerus LOST money big time and with them being in Winnipeg it would be hard to justify paying the $500,000 upfront fee they charge.

Well, it appears I was sort of correct.  The Crue and Alice Cooper are coming to the Al...not in July, but in December.  Another fairly big show for the Al which is nice to see.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/accent/entertainment/3727381-motley-crue-alice-cooper-coming-alerus-center

• 6 months later...

Well, it appears I was sort of correct.  The Crue and Alice Cooper are coming to the Al...not in July, but in December.  Another fairly big show for the Al which is nice to see.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/accent/entertainment/3727381-motley-crue-alice-cooper-coming-alerus-center

Bump, and bumped.  The Crue has bid adieu.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/region/3872748-motley-crue-concert-grand-forks-canceled

• 1 year later...

Grand Forks is still not stepping up on the concert attendance front.  

Just received an e-mail from Ticketmaster that Kenny Rogers tickets are being offered buy one, get one free (never a good sign), as are tickets for Cirque de Soleil or something like that.

C'mon folks, The Gambler is a LIVING LEGEND!  Maybe they should have him play halftime Saturday instead. :) 

5 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Grand Forks is still not stepping up on the concert attendance front.  

Just received an e-mail from Ticketmaster that Kenny Rogers tickets are being offered buy one, get one free (never a good sign), as are tickets for Cirque de Soleil or something like that.

C'mon folks, The Gambler is a LIVING LEGEND!  Maybe they should have him play halftime Saturday instead. :) 

Buy one get one free? I just bought 2 yesterday and paid full price......what the hell