SiouxSports.com Forum

Lucia speaks for Broten, Woog and Parise and saves the world

yababy8

To me the definition of a "pussy" would be the biggest hack on UND(Blood) picking a fight with the smallest Gopher(Rau) during handshakes. Biggest pussy move I've seen in years.

To me the definition of a "pussy" would be the biggest hack on UND(Blood) picking a fight with the smallest Gopher(Rau) during handshakes. Biggest pussy move I've seen in years.

Run your mouth all game long and then take it to a personal level in the hand shake line, then its time to pay the piper(Blood). Rau is the consummate definition of pussy. Sometimes if you want to play the game you have to buy the ticket. Blood was just taking payment.

I will add that if you go into a series with the premise that UND is the dirtiest team, then what do you think you are going to get out of it. I would challenge you to go up and down UND's lineup and tell me who you think is dirty. If the refs are going on reputation from the past, then they are being impartial -- plain and simple. So which one do you want to go with, no conspiracy against the Sioux, or refs think they are the dirtiest team in the league?

I think any sensible fan would conclude that the refs don't favor opponents of UND during games. It's just not plausible. I will also say that overall I dont think UND is cheap. But I think there have been incidents over the years where UND has been far more gulity of that crap than the Gophers in head to head match ups. I'm sure you disagree with that part.

Can you imagine the outrage on here if Bickel tried to beat up Ryan Duncan in the handshake line? This place would blow up. Yet people on here defend Blood by accusing Rau of actually instigating it because he was yapping his mouth. News flash to Sioux fans, players talk sh&t. In my 25 years of watching college hockey I've seen two instances of fights breaking out during handshakes, both by UND, both against the Gophers.

• Upvote 1

All l want is to beat the rodents this final yr & especially at the last real F5 this yr then screw em until if we meet again - if I never hear their rouser again is ok with me. - Like last yr in the F5 when Lammy played his best I hope ours guys this yr can step up & kick their butts

I think any sensible fan would conclude that the refs don't favor opponents of UND during games. It's just not plausible. I will also say that overall I dont think UND is cheap. But I think there have been incidents over the years where UND has been far more gulity of that crap than the Gophers in head to head match ups. I'm sure you disagree with that part.

Can you imagine the outrage on here if Bickel tried to beat up Ryan Duncan in the handshake line? This place would blow up. Yet people on here defend Blood by accusing Rau of actually instigating it because he was yapping his mouth. News flash to Sioux fans, players talk sh&t. In my 25 years of watching college hockey I've seen two instances of fights breaking out during handshakes, both by UND, both against the Gophers.

Please tell Andrew MacWilliam that reputation doesn't matter to officials!

Run your mouth all game long and then take it to a personal level in the hand shake line, then its time to pay the piper(Blood). Rau is the consummate definition of pussy. Sometimes if you want to play the game you have to buy the ticket. Blood was just taking payment.

Thank you for providing yet one more example of a Sioux fan defending that indefensible incident by Blood.

• Upvote 1

Maybe this is reason why people call UND players and fans a bunch of hacks and goons?? The whole 'if we can't get even during the game then we'll take them out when they're not expecting it' thing is about as cheap as it gets.

• Upvote 1

Holy Cross Mariucci, get over it. The Blood Beating is so yesterday's news. Have fun watching your boys playing damned near a third of their competitive season next year against PSU, MSU, and OSU. Ha!!

Good thing the Pig 10 will at least have an autobid. If things hold true to form, fans will be seeing better hockey out of the new WCHA than they will in the new Pig 10. North Dakota Hockey does not need the Golden Chokers on its schedule. See you in the tournaments. Or not.

But where did that reputation come from? How did it start?

Laying little guys out like rau and getting 2 for it. Matt Greene syndrom. Macs toughest d man in the nation and hasnt fought once but if need be I would love to see any of your boys take a crack. Can't wait for Friday, last time we play until Saturday night in Pittsburgh!

I actually agree that UND probably has more incidents that could be considered cheap. I believe that is because they recruit more players that are physical. Tom Serratore is a perfect example, he is a hard working player that every once in a while gets out of control. Is he a cheap player? No! Does he have hits and circumstances that could be considered cheap? Yes! It isn't because he is in essence a cheap player, it is because he is always physical, therefore he is more apt to have a high hit or late hit, etc. I would classify Cal Clutterbuck in the same way. A lot of other teams think he is cheap. Do you?

Dude, I've had discussions with refs at Sugars after games there and they have very strong opinions that UND is the dirtiest team in the league. One official who I will not name called them "psychos." I swear he literally said that. Obviously BOTH teams are responsible with some of the fighting that goes on when they play but I GUARANTEE you that if there was a poll asking all WCHA fans who is the cheapest team in the league the winner would be UND hands down.

That's because the refs are gopher fans....u don't know much do u.

I actually agree that UND probably has more incidents that could be considered cheap. I believe that is because they recruit more players that are physical. Tom Serratore is a perfect example, he is a hard working player that every once in a while gets out of control. Is he a cheap player? No! Does he have hits and circumstances that could be considered cheap? Yes! It isn't because he is in essence a cheap player, it is because he is always physical, therefore he is more apt to have a high hit or late hit, etc.

Ok that's fair and there may be truth to that.

Laying little guys out like rau and getting 2 for it. Matt Greene syndrom. Macs toughest d man in the nation and hasnt fought once but if need be I would love to see any of your boys take a crack. Can't wait for Friday, last time we play until Saturday night in Pittsburgh!

Yup Mac will play in the NHL...so will mark Mac, knight and may kristo and probably Grimaldi. Forbert should play in the NHL and I bet Simpson gets a good crack too. The only goph players that will play in the show are bjugstad, maybe budish and maybe Reilly or Schmidt. Oh I forgot one, parks should play in the show too.

Rau = Schroeder ....career ahlers

I was at that game and I would have to give the nod to Big Ben but I guess we can agree to disagree. :) Gophs won that 6-3 after getting throttled the night before.

Give the nod to Ben? Hankinson never even got a shot in. Hak had Hankinson's jersey over his head before he knew what happened. The following Saturday was the Gophs first game that Hankinson had to sit out. 20 minutes before game time he was in Richfield at Hat Trick Hockey dressed like a slob.

Hey Shortbusguy . . . . Are you the lowly worm who had your cute little Robbie Bina poster muscled off you at the Final Five a few years back? That guy, probably you, turtled as well as do any of the Choker boys while handing over the cheap sign . . . .

Or he may be the Minnesota Gopher fan who thought it was OK to pick on my wife at the final five the whole first period and then didn't say a word to me when I switched seats for the rest of the game. But UND fans are classless.

Yup Mac will play in the NHL...so will mark Mac, knight and may kristo and probably Grimaldi. Forbert should play in the NHL and I bet Simpson gets a good crack too. The only goph players that will play in the show are bjugstad, maybe budish and maybe Reilly or Schmidt. Oh I forgot one, parks should play in the show too.

Rau = Schroeder ....career ahlers

I'm sure Skjei (1st round NYR) and Haula (2nd round MN) will never sniff the NHL.....

Hey Shortbusguy . . . . Are you the lowly worm who had your cute little Robbie Bina poster muscled off you at the Final Five a few years back? That guy, probably you, turtled as well as do any of the Choker boys while handing over the cheap sign . . . .

It wasn't at the final 5 and if you call deciding to give up my stupid (hindsight) poster rather than #1 getting most likely the crap beat out of me and #2 having my season ticket revoked turtling, then yes I turtled.

Or he may be the Minnesota Gopher fan who thought it was OK to pick on my wife at the final five the whole first period and then didn't say a word to me when I switched seats for the rest of the game. But UND fans are classless.

You used more restraint than I would have. :angry: I would have had the guy kicked out on his butt for picking on my wife. :devil:

It wasn't at the final 5 and if you call deciding to give up my stupid (hindsight) poster rather than #1 getting most likely the crap beat out of me and #2 having my season ticket revoked turtling, then yes I turtled.

A regional? The John? I forget. At least you acknowledge that it was you and that it was a stupid idea. Now change your screen name and you will get indulgence for about 243,000 years in purgatory for that classless move. Of course, being a Choker fan, you are already damned to Hades anyway. Your hell on earth will continue this weekend at The John. In the form of North Dakota Hockey.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure Skjei (1st round NYR) and Haula (2nd round MN) will never sniff the NHL.....

Ha....wasn't Haula a 7th rounder? Anyways, he was the top one or two worst players on the ice for the wilds development game. Yeah I forgot skjei but he's only a frosh, and not too noticeable. I also forgot to add schmaltz....2-3 spots ahead of skjei. Your name explains it all.

150914_10151322530724876_802707476_n.jpg

Another clean hard hit delivered by the men in the green, black, and white jerseys. The men who know tradition, commitment, and pride like no others.

The funny part is that it was Alt that was taking a run at Frattin. OOPS! Guess we know why Wehrs went flying like he did.