SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

Oh please. If that's a Gopher player, you're calling for Phil to ship him back to Minneapolis for being a team cancer.

Not sure about you, and not trying to answer for passitoffthegoalie, but I guess I could give a crap about whether they are Gopher players or not. Actually wish there were more on the team and that Housley shortened the bench and double shifted the gophers only. ;-)

As for Rocco, if Phil doesn't want to play him, send him back to GF. I'm sure Hakstol could find a spot for him in the lineup.

Yeah, you know me so well, friend. Tell me more about what I would do in that situation, I'm curious.

Actually, I would want one of my most dynamic players to get their game going, whether it's Rocco Grimaldi this year or Kyle Rau last year, and this game was a perfect opportunity for that.

I bet Phil's tactics work just fine and Rocco gets the message in the next game and plays quite well.

If I was Hakstol or any D1 coach I wouldn't send players to the World Junior Tournament. I know it's a once and a life time oppertunity, but I rather see UND win a National Title then Team USA win a medal. I know people won't agree with me on that.

You are obviously not a big hockey fan then. By Rocco missing two games against HC...I don't think that will cost us a Naty. We'll be just fine...the US needs him...he'll be back strong against the Czechs.

If I was Hakstol or any D1 coach I wouldn't send players to the World Junior Tournament. I know it's a once and a life time oppertunity, but I rather see UND win a National Title then Team USA win a medal. I know people won't agree with me on that.

Frankly, son, I'm at a loss for words here...

Most players come back from the world juniors a better player. They have been exposed to the world's best at that age, and they get to see what it takes and how it is done.

Most players come back from the world juniors a better player. They have been exposed to the world's best at that age, and they get to see what it takes and how it is done.

From what I've seen during the World Juniors, Rocco was the best player. I believe that Miller and Jones would have beneifitted from playing at UND.

After doing some digging the last three National Titles UND has won 1987, 1997, and 2000 UND didn't send anyone to the World Junior Tournament (that would be the 1986, 1996, and 1999 tournaments).

From what I've seen during the World Juniors, Rocco was the best player. I believe that Miller and Jones would have beneifitted from playing at UND.

After doing some digging the last three National Titles UND has won 1987, 1997, and 2000 UND didn't send anyone to the World Junior Tournament (that would be the 1986, 1996, and 1999 tournaments).

I guess this means we won't be winning a title this year. Somebody tell Hak to shut it down.

• Upvote 1

You're a year off. The next NCAA title will be the 2013 title, because it's played in April 2013. And the current World Junior's tournament is the WJC 2013 tournament.

I am still so confused...

Quarters play out like this:

Russia (2) vs. Switzerland (3).....Winner to play Sweden

Czech Rep. (2) vs. USA (3)....Winner to play Canada

I like the USA's chances against Czech Republic, should win that game. Russia will beat Switzlerand, then I think Russia beats Sweden and locks up with Canada in the gold medal game.

Just watched the US vs CAN replay and there were a few passes Rocco could have made instead of shooting but overall I simply do not get why it was determined he was playing "selfishly". If one of those shots would have went in vs CAN he would have been the hero...I'm still stumped on why he was benched.

Just watched the US vs CAN replay and there were a few passes Rocco could have made instead of shooting but overall I simply do not get why it was determined he was playing "selfishly". If one of those shots would have went in vs CAN he would have been the hero...I'm still stumped on why he was benched.

My impressions on Rocco thus far have been that he has actually tried to force passes at somewhat inopportune times (i.e. just inside the blue line, drop passes, etc.). I hadn't really noticed overly selfish play, but maybe it's not for on-ice actions???

Yeah, you would think that the people that would be sitting would be Ryan Hartman and Jake McCabe, who took stupid/selfish penalties near the end of the Canada game when the U.S. had a chance to tie the game. Did either of those guys sit in the game today?