SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

He has looked very slow in his feet and it's been exposed quite a bit.

I bet a year or two with time to work on it in the Ralph woulda helped a lot :/

On the second Russian and second Canadian goals, he was way too soft on the puck. Like it was just a pick-up game, or something. He has great skills with the puck, but it doesn't matter if he doesn't play well defensively.

UND could've helped him with that, as well. I still think he will be a great player, but it just sucks that he's not doing it right now.

U.S. had a lot of good chances and Subban played well for Canada. Canada's powerplay really looked great while the U.S. doesn't seem to really do anything when they are on the powerplay. The loss sets up a must win with Slovakia and the big question in that game is can the U.S. score enough to win. They've gone 2 straight games without a goal from a forward and there is too much talent up front to not get any scoring out of them. Gibson should keep the U.S. in the game but we are going to need guys like Grimaldi, Galchenyuk, Miller, Gaudreau, and others to put the puck in the net when they get the opportunity.

Jones had a bad game, he hasn't had a bad tourney. Sorry but I think he will be just fine being drafted 1 or 2 with McKinnon even though he didn't attend UND ;)

This team can't score against a good team. 2 goals in those 2 games?? Really and neither from a forward. Gibson bailed them out in that first period vs Canada. This isn't a tourney as coaches that you wait and hope for lines to click. It's so short that you need to shake things up by period if things aren't working and as we all can see up to this point this team cannot score. Germany doesn't count, they are beyond bad. Beat Slovakia and they give themselves a new life into medal rounds but that won't be a easy task. No offensive chemistry throughout this team so far.

Subban was solid in net for Canada. Quick pads! Time for Rocco Jt and co. to score a few goals. Go USA

Jones had a bad game, he hasn't had a bad tourney. Sorry but I think he will be just fine being drafted 1 or 2 with McKinnon even though he didn't attend UND ;)

He didn't look that great when that Russian walked around him and scored the game-winning goal the other day.

I said I think he will be a great player, but you can't deny that he has had defensive lapses at really bad times. And I can't fault a UND fan for thinking that he would've been better served coming here. UND is known for producing defensively responsible pros. Just my take.

What I mean by Jones could have been better served by UND was in the fact that his feet looked slow and not quick.....and that the schedule and regime of the college route could serve those players very well in the more time for training and

I'd say Seth will be a good player but he has not looked good on this stage.

He Will go high in draft.

Didn't get a straight answer from Housley in post game interview. Said he just tried to find chemistry, the 4 lines he put out were working, so he stuck with it. Guess we'll never know for sure, we'll see if he's glued to the bench again next game.

Broadcasters not totally satisfied with the answer, as with a big lead in the third, would seem that everyone would get a shift or two. Grimaldi may have been relegated by the coaching staff.

I thought Grimaldi was the best US player against both RUS and CAN....I did see him lose it on the bench a few times. I figured he was trying to pump up the players....he obviously went a tad too far.

As for Seth Jones...besides the Germany game I thought he has been one of the weaker defensemen on their team.

I thought Grimaldi was the best US player against both RUS and CAN....I did see him lose it on the bench a few times. I figured he was trying to pump up the players....he obviously went a tad too far.

As for Seth Jones...besides the Germany game I thought he has been one of the weaker defensemen on their team.

How was he losing it? I saw him yell lets go after one shift...not questioning you, just trying to figure out why they would sit him.

How was he losing it? I saw him yell lets go after one shift...not questioning you, just trying to figure out why they would sit him.

No worries, I saw him yelling on the bench and while he was coming off the ice. Sorry, maybe I should not have said "losing it" but he was visibly yelling. I have heard from some pretty decent sources that Rocco is pretty hard on himself, maybe he got carried away with the emotions of a US vs CAN game. I know he hates losing; I'm guessing he did something that Phil didn't like because he definitely was sat and he was definitely one of their best players against both RUS and CAN. He'll be back next game.

Oh please. If that's a Gopher player, you're calling for Phil to ship him back to Minneapolis for being a team cancer.

Yeah, you know me so well, friend. Tell me more about what I would do in that situation. I'm curious.

Actually, I would want one of my most dynamic players to get their game going, whether it's Rocco Grimaldi this year or Kyle Rau last year, and this game was a perfect opportunity for that.