SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

If you think about it this tourney is like nothing else out there in sports. You have heated rivals from the NCAA, OHL and WHL all playing together for various countries. Interesting dynamic given its mid season or so for all of those leagues.. Hope team USA can drop the Canucks for better positioning!

Can anyone else easily see rocco as the captain of the sioux in any of the next three seasons if he sticks around?

I doubt you'll see anyone other than a senior wear the C, and I don't believe Rocco will stick around that long. He's stated before about his anxiousness to get to the pros. Maybe that will change, but being that he's a redshirt Freshman this year, I don't think he's going to spend 5 years on campus. If we get a third full season out of him, I'll be happy.

Split up Rocco and J.T.! There has been zero chemistry between them.

Do something! There's no time to wait in this tournament. They should have tried something different DURING the Russia game.

Agreed. Need to change that group up. Have had some chances, but just haven't gotten consistent play from that group. No time to wait around and see if they get it done.

Canada is playing like they're beatable. But if the USA doesn't score it won't matter.

Split up Rocco and J.T.! There has been zero chemistry between them.

Do something! There's no time to wait in this tournament. They should have tried something different DURING the Russia game.

Grimaldi is an amazing team player...and miller is just too damn selfish to develop any chemistry...but hopefully miller figures it out and Rocco shakes of the yips and goals start dropping for him

Not the first time we've seen Germany on the run while in Russia.....(drum crash)

Germany was extremely generous in giving chances up to the U.S., not a lot their little goaltender could do.

Honestly I'm surprised Germany even has kids who play hockey. That is the definition of a soccer-obsessed culture.

So is anyone going to brave it out or set the alarm and watch this USA Canada game live at 3:30am?? After Sioux gophs this is my favorite hockey match up to watch.

I was just thinking about that, it starts at 2:30 here and I have the house to myself so I could sleep until football starts...hmmm.

So is anyone going to brave it out or set the alarm and watch this USA Canada game live at 3:30am?? After Sioux gophs this is my favorite hockey match up to watch.

Tempted to. Not sure if I want to screw up my sleep schedule though.

Do top 3 from each pool advance? If so USA could really help themselves with points today heading into the Slovakia game. Slovakia has been the talk of the tourney

The iihf app for iPhone is very useful. Full stats schedule ect..

@kevin_mcgran: Lines for Canada: Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele; Strome-MacKinnon-Drouin, Rattie-Danault-McNeill; Camara-Ritchie

@kevin_mcgran: D-Pairings for Canada: Harrington-Hamilton; Ouellet-Reinhart; Rielly-Wotherspoon, Murhphy is the seventh. In net Subban. Binnington backup

@DaveStarmanCBS: US lines... GAudreau-Miller-Grimaldi, Galchenyuk-Kuraly-Barber, Pietila-BArdeau-Hartman, Lucia-Trouchek-Biggs, Vesey

@DaveStarmanCBS: D's: Reilly-Jones, Gostisbehere-Trouba, McCabe-Murphy, Sieloff

Gibson in net

@kevin_mcgran: Lines for Canada: Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele; Strome-MacKinnon-Drouin, Rattie-Danault-McNeill; Camara-Ritchie

@kevin_mcgran: D-Pairings for Canada: Harrington-Hamilton; Ouellet-Reinhart; Rielly-Wotherspoon, Murhphy is the seventh. In net Subban. Binnington backup

@DaveStarmanCBS: US lines... GAudreau-Miller-Grimaldi, Galchenyuk-Kuraly-Barber, Pietila-BArdeau-Hartman, Lucia-Trouchek-Biggs, Vesey

@DaveStarmanCBS: D's: Reilly-Jones, Gostisbehere-Trouba, McCabe-Murphy, Sieloff

Gibson in net

I'm up too, AZ. Just thought I'd let ya know, so you don't feel alone.

At least a strong few chances in the last minute.....

We had some good offensive zone time in the first half of the period, as well. When we are skating and executing we can control the play as well as any team, but we haven't been able to finish. Not enough net-front presence. We're too small up front.

Even if we lose this game, we might be able to beat Slovakia and advance, but if we don't figure out how to score we won't medal.

/statingtheobvious