SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

For some reason the NHL network color guy dislikes Grimaldi as well, wonder what's going on there, as Rocco had a great first period, and if Biggs had been less selfish after Rocco's stick created a Canadian end turnover, Rocco would have his first goal on an easy tap in. Not a problem, we know Rowney will be there when Rocco gets back.

Lots of negative comments about the Canada team, goalie, coaching, etc. on the TSN website. Several are saying that the worst part is 80% of US citizens won't even know about the game. Well the population of Canada is about 35,000,000 and the population of the US is about 313,000,000. 20% of the US population is 62,000,000 which is almost double Canada's entire population. So more US citizens will know the US won than Canadian citizens will know their team lost.

Personally, I am skeptical that even 20% of the US will know about this game, but it really doesn't matter. It is still a big deal in the US to many people.

• Upvote 1

Lots of negative comments about the Canada team, goalie, coaching, etc. on the TSN website. Several are saying that the worst part is 80% of US citizens won't even know about the game. Well the population of Canada is about 35,000,000 and the population of the US is about 313,000,000. 20% of the US population is 62,000,000 which is almost double Canada's entire population. So more US citizens will know the US won than Canadian citizens will know their team lost.

Personally, I am skeptical that even 20% of the US will know about this game, but it really doesn't matter. It is still a big deal in the US to many people.

I read that....they are throwing Subban under the bus.

Ok, for all of you Rocco fans that watch him exclusely during the game; what did you think of his game? So obviously he has a super motor and mad skills....but does he make some pretty dangerous passes? I didn't notice it as much early but he had 2-3 dangerous passes....one which Strome (I believe) took in for a break away. He also had some nice (fancy) passes but I think that's what Housley is talking about....those super dangerous passes where the other team goes directly on a 2-1 or 3-1. Just some food for thought...I really didn't notice it as much during Sioux games.

Ok, for all of you Rocco fans that watch him exclusely during the game; what did you think of his game? So obviously he has a super motor and mad skills....but does he make some pretty dangerous passes? I didn't notice it as much early but he had 2-3 dangerous passes....one which Strome (I believe) took in for a break away. He also had some nice (fancy) passes but I think that's what Housley is talking about....those super dangerous passes where the other team goes directly on a 2-1 or 3-1. Just some food for thought...I really didn't notice it as much during Sioux games.

I think that you've pretty much summed up my thoughts. I've noticed his tendency for the risky play throughout the tournament. It hadn't really shown itself through the college season so far.

I have to keep reminding myself that this kid really only has a half a season of hockey under his belt the past year and a half. Still, the "heady" stuff should be there.

I think that you've pretty much summed up my thoughts. I've noticed his tendency for the risky play throughout the tournament. It hadn't really shown itself through the college season so far.

I have to keep reminding myself that this kid really only has a half a season of hockey under his belt the past year and a half. Still, the "heady" stuff should be there.

When one is as talented as Rocco is and has been able to make those "risky" plays/passes without consequences so far in his career vs. lesser competition, I'm sure he feels he can do the same in this tourney and hasn't made the appropriate adjustments to the increase in overall talent. He hasn't been playing against UAA or MTU the last few days.

I think that's it....he isn't caught up with the speed of the game yet....especially at that level. Maybe it doesn't show itself much during the college hockey season (yet) but I definitely noticed those turnovers this morning. They would have looked fancy if he could have pulled them off...I still think he comes back to GF and goes on a tear.

That's kind of what I'm saying, Oxbow. I think he'd be playing smarter and better if he had been able to play a full college season last year.

Agree...all this being said I think he blows up on a line with Rowney and Drake and puts up some huge #s in the 2nd half.