SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

4-0 USA half way through. Since I've been watching the puck has been in their end the entire time but Gibson has been great and they scored after a Czech player took a run at Seth Jones.

Ohh. And Grant Potulny is the greatest ever....I'm surprised he's not coaching on Jupiter.

5-0 now USA. Head hunting coming from the Czechs.....watch out.

How did they do last year under Blais???

Housley is doing just fine,and made the medal round ( which Blais did not) so even if he benched young Mr. Grimaldi, I believe he knows what he is doing.

And you probably shouldnt rip on Grant too much... he is from your great state, and more importantly won a championship for my beloved Gophers.

Must be because Blais is a former gopher. That has to be it.

6-0 USA. Gaudreau with the hat trick. I think people have been waiting all tournament long for some of this playmaking. Its been fun to watch.

6-0 end of the second period. Will try and get some sleep before work.....if my one year old lets me.....

If they play like that against Canada they'll win the game. Simple as that. Good goaltending, good special teams play, guys buried their chances, and although they played in their end a bit they made it tough for the Czechs to get the puck tot he net. Seth Jones showed defensively why he'll be a top pick in the draft. He length altered a lot of pucks, and he made some great outlets out of the zone.

Startin to come together Pepper.... :D

The early goals came on great bounces on the PP, they'll need that to beat Canada, who looked way better against Russia (with all their suspended players back) then they did at any time before in the tournament. Now can't figure out, with top guy being rested and lines shuffled in the third period, why 13th forward Lucia remained seated, just like Grimaldi yesterday. Haven't seen any "performance/attitude" tweets for this one. Good grief, put him in there. Wonder who will be 13th forward tomorrow?

6-0 USA. Gaudreau with the hat trick. I think people have been waiting all tournament long for some of this playmaking. Its been fun to watch.

Saw more of his playmaking in earlier games. This game he's just been the low forward on the right side of the net on the PP, and got two great bounces for easy tap in PP goals, then a good cross seam pass from Miller to the same spot and another easy goal. US needs these bounces to beat Canada.

The early goals came on great bounces on the PP, they'll need that to beat Canada, who looked way better against Russia (with all their suspended players back) then they did at any time before in the tournament. Now can't figure out, with top guy being rested and lines shuffled in the third period, why 13th forward Lucia remained seated, just like Grimaldi yesterday. Haven't seen any "performance/attitude" tweets for this one. Good grief, put him in there. Wonder who will be 13th forward tomorrow?

Again a MN HS coach is coaching these elite kids. You try to figure it out...

Russia beats Swiss in 5th round of shoot out to advance. Russia pulls a Johhny Toews and uses same shooter for 4th and 5th shot and he scores in 5th to win.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: RUS wins in shootout. Kucherov with the shootout winner. Vasilevski with the clutch save. Tampa Bay Lightning heroics at both ends of ice.

USA can beat Canada but must take advantage of the pp chances and at this point a stupid penalty could cost you a gold! I think Russia wins that 2nd semi. Who wouldn't want to beat Russia in their backyard for some Gold?!?!

USA Canada 4am est

Russia Sweden 8am est

Grimaldi looked really good today. He got more and more ice time as the game went on. He was flying out there and he made some nice passes and took care of the puck.

Everybody looked good today. Same time tomorrow we play Canada for a ticket to the gold medal game.

Final was 7-0 USA, Gadreau was the PotG with a hat trick.

Yeah, I thought he looked good too. I wished he could have hit the stat sheet....to bad he's playing with Biggs, that guy is so overrated.

Yeah. And I think he only had 3 or 4 shifts in the first half of the game.

Noone from the line Grimaldi played on is part of the PP or PK, and with much of the first half being special teams, they saw little ice time. Only in the third when lines and special teams were mixed up did Rocco get on the ice quite a bit. I'd like to see him and the Russian play together, maybe the Russian at center, with Grimaldi and Gaudreau as the wings, as I don't thing Miller does much to complement the skills and speed of those three.

Yeah. And I think he only had 3 or 4 shifts in the first half of the game.

Oh...I fell back asleep with roughly 15 minutes left in the 2nd....or when it was 4-0. I woke up surprised their line didn't do anything because Rocco looked good. I noticed Trocket (sp?) took Rocco's spot on the PP unit.

Noone from the line Grimaldi played on is part of the PP or PK, and with much of the first half being special teams, they saw little ice time. Only in the third when lines and special teams were mixed up did Rocco get on the ice quite a bit. I'd like to see him and the Russian play together, maybe the Russian at center, with Grimaldi and Guedreau as the wings, as I don't thing Miller does much to complement the skills and speed of those three.

I really think they need to keep Rocco and Guedreau separate.

Being a Blackhawks' fan, I can recollect that, while Housley was on that team late in his career, he was the organizer for the group of players (that included Theo Fluery) that got into a physical confrontation with the bouncers at a Columbus, Ohio strip club. After that incident, the Hawks had an awful streak of losses and never really recovered from it that year. Thanks a lot, but not the kind of guy to be running a high school team. He might have a lot of hockey knowledge, but as far as I'm concerned he's really not the best representative of US anything.

I am just hoping Grimaldi comes out without an injury. Canada will come out and play extremely physical and pound anything that moves, legal or not. That is their history. The U.S. will need to score early (either before Canada scores or before they get to two goals) to have a chance at a win. Still haven't decided if I will get up at 3 am or DVR the game.