SiouxSports.com Forum

VB: UND @ NDSU 10/9

SWSiouxMN

Used to hear from the Bison fans how good there were in volleyball, and how they would be a regional power in that sport. So now they absolutely suck? If NDSU sucks now, they will suck even more in the future.

Look at the volleyball rosters of UND vs NDSU. UND is young - no senior on the team - and getting young depth (Hart and Thompson are true freshmen from ND who are getting playing time). NDSU is a senior-laden team that will get much worse before it gets better.

Hardee is winning all the area recruiting battles. Girls will even walkon for Hardee because they want to play for him. The one recruit from Red River that NDSU was trumpeting didn't get an offer from UND.

If you think NDSU sucks this year, watch and wait. :whistling:

This. UND has a real good Sophomore class. We may be struggling a bit this year (and hopefully we can still make a run come tourney time), but the next couple of years could be a lot of fun for UND vb fans.

Used to hear from the Bison fans how good there were in volleyball, and how they would be a regional power in that sport. So now they absolutely suck? If NDSU sucks now, they will suck even more in the future.

Look at the volleyball rosters of UND vs NDSU. UND is young - no senior on the team - and getting young depth (Hart and Thompson are true freshmen from ND who are getting playing time). NDSU is a senior-laden team that will get much worse before it gets better.

Hardee is winning all the area recruiting battles. Girls will even walkon for Hardee because they want to play for him. The one recruit from Red River that NDSU was trumpeting didn't get an offer from UND.

If you think NDSU sucks this year, watch and wait. :whistling:

You don't think this one is a mistake? Granted I don't think she has the height to be a front line player but I've seen her play and she is extremely athletic and can really strike the ball. Granted I've only seen her play once but I think a player you could compare her to is Lexi Robinson.

You don't think this one is a mistake? Granted I don't think she has the height to be a front line player but I've seen her play and she is extremely athletic and can really strike the ball. Granted I've only seen her play once but I think a player you could compare her to is Lexi Robinson.

There may not be any scholarships available, so that may be why she wasn't recruited.

Congrats on the win. Clearly NDSU has hit the skids for both volleyball and women's BB. I suspect if things don't improve there will be some coaching changes on down the road.

Very classy of you Wyo!

Lynn Dorn doesn't seem to get along with male coaches. Perhaps that's a big part of the problem.

With 0 seniors on this year's team it likely means Hardee is being incredibly selective when it comes to recruiting. Assuming that all of their allotted scholarships are filled he's probably only looking at a few top players just in case a scholarship or 2 opens up.

I was at the game the first two games. No way it got louder when UND scored in person. On the radio perhaps based on where the microphone was. We suck. UND doesn't look like they are any good either.

I won't pretend like I know much about volleyball. So having said that, I'd say the fact that North Dakota has won two straight against Fargo, I'll assume we looked better....................

I won't pretend like I know much about volleyball. So having said that, I'd say the fact that North Dakota has won two straight against Fargo, I'll assume we looked better....................

You obviously didn't get the memo, when NDSU loses to UND, it is because NDSU's teams are terrible. UND's are terrible as well, they just happened to be a little less terrible that given night. Should have learned that from basketball last year.

You obviously didn't get the memo, when NDSU loses to UND, it is because NDSU's teams are terrible. UND's are terrible as well, they just happened to be a little less terrible that given night. Should have learned that from basketball last year.

Other reasons that UND beats NDSU are when NDSU overlooks UND, that UND considers it their Super Bowl while NDSU doesn't care about the game, UND gets lucky, and if it happens in a meaningless sport.

Of course their student newspaper is already practicing revisionist history. At least with the headline, it's the headline that went to print as well. I find our misguided siblings to the south so hilarious. <ahttp://forum.siouxsports.com/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png' alt=':lol:'> http://www.ndsuspectrum.com/sports/bison-women-sweep-und-1.2924410#.UHd35a6Lg84

Perhaps they feel they can actually condition the masses at NDSU that it was they who swept and not UND. If their student body only reads headlines, they may inclined to believe it. That pretty sums up most of those who constantly feel the need to troll this forum. They are always about revising history.