SiouxSports.com Forum

VB: UND @ NDSU 10/9

SWSiouxMN

Figured this game would need a thread on its own. After the winding weekend road trip to EWU and PSU, UND has a quick turnaround to play arch rival NDSU in a non-conference tilt in Fargo.

NDSU, like us, is in a little bit of a flux right now. They are currently 5-11 (2-4 in Summit), which will change after playing USD and UMKC on back to back nights this weekend (expecting a split at the least). While they don't have J-Lo at setter anymore (graduated), they still have a solid senior core, starting with Brynn Joki and Megan Lambertson. (she missed last years game when he sprained her ankle on the opening serve). Like UND, once they figure things out, they will be a team that the rest of the Summit will not want to mess with.

UND is looking for their 1st win in Fargo since the Ford Administration. NDSU is looking to hold serve at home in what looks to be a packed house. You can pretty much throw the record books out on this one, its going to be a hotly contested matchup.

1 other note, with all of the nonsense being spilt between Bisonville and here, I think everyone on both sides would appreciate that we just talk about the volleyball game on this thread and not bring any of the other crap from the other threads on here. I'll take my chances in starting this thread that most will comply.

Looking forward to this one, I'll be personally traveling down I-29 to watch these two teams play.

Two weeks ago I figured this would be a gimme for you guys. Since then, your squad has shown a little vulnerability and ours has shown a little life. Still not confident in a win, but it might actually go to five sets instead of the 3-1 match I was expecting. Hope that both squads will go without injuries this year whatever happens.

Im torn on this game as well, I can really see either team winning this one. I think UND will need to come out strong and they will need to finish strong and not let the Bison back into sets. UND knows they can play a very high level of volleyball, but they tend to make key errors at the wrong times. It looks like NDSU is starting to figure things out, and I meant what I said that, especially with this homestand, can spring NDSU to make a serious run at another Summit title.

UND needs to be ready to go into a very hostile enviroment. Im sure NDSU wants a little revenge after what happened last here up in GF.

The child has good taste.

He goes for UND if they don't play NDSU. He is going to his second UND football game this year when they play Montana, but in December when my family goes to the UND-NDSU basketball game in the dome...I will be the lone UND fan.

Listening to the radio, the fans get much louder when UND scores compared to NDSU. Great to hear the fan turnout!

1,413 fans at the game... 10th largest attendance in NDSU Vball history.

I was at the game the first two games. No way it got louder when UND scored in person. On the radio perhaps based on where the microphone was. We suck. UND doesn't look like they are any good either. So I left considering we were not going to do anything right obviously.

Congrats to UND tonight(unless NDSU is somehow mounts an amazing comeback.)

I just got back from the game with my son (he cheered for NDSU), great game. UND played really well. NDSU jumped to a big lead in the third set but UND took over and it was back and fourth until UND pulled it out at the end. Great crowd. That building reminded me of a high school gym, it was small and had a stage (it was where the band played). My first VB game (and first time in the fieldhouse), it was a lot of fun. A couple Bison fans in front of us chanted "whose your mascot". The guy next to me (UND fan), said you don't need a mascot to kick NDSU's ass. Correct you are!!! Before tonight the last win in Fargo for UND....October 19, 1976. I was 8 months old. Glad that streak is over.

One thing if NDSU was any good this year, a whole nother if you beat a fellow team who sucks. You could be right though.

Used to hear from the Bison fans how good there were in volleyball, and how they would be a regional power in that sport. So now they absolutely suck? If NDSU sucks now, they will suck even more in the future.

Look at the volleyball rosters of UND vs NDSU. UND is young - no senior on the team - and getting young depth (Hart and Thompson are true freshmen from ND who are getting playing time). NDSU is a senior-laden team that will get much worse before it gets better.

Hardee is winning all the area recruiting battles. Girls will even walkon for Hardee because they want to play for him. The one recruit from Red River that NDSU was trumpeting didn't get an offer from UND.

If you think NDSU sucks this year, watch and wait. :whistling:

• Upvote 3

Used to hear from the Bison fans how good there were in volleyball, and how they would be a regional power in that sport. So now they absolutely suck? If NDSU sucks now, they will suck even more in the future.

Look at the volleyball rosters of UND vs NDSU. UND is young - no senior on the team - and getting young depth (Hart and Thompson are true freshmen from ND who are getting playing time). NDSU is a senior-laden team that will get much worse before it gets better.

Hardee is winning all the area recruiting battles. Girls will even walkon for Hardee because they want to play for him. The one recruit from Red River that NDSU was trumpeting didn't get an offer from UND.

If you think NDSU sucks this year, watch and wait. :whistling:

One thing that hurts NDSU is not only losing to UND....but to a UND team with a losing record.