SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

Indeed and they've made it 3-0 now. All I gotta say is if our defense plays like they've played in the exhibitions games...UND will get lit up just like Michigan State is.

Another thing though is just how good of a team is Michigan State this year? Either way, Minnesota is just dominating them.

Just be thnakful we don't play them anytime soon.

Indeed and they've made it 3-0 now. All I gotta say is if our defense plays like they've played in the exhibitions games...UND will get lit up just like Michigan State is.

Another thing though is just how good of a team is Michigan State this year? Either way, Minnesota is just dominating them.

Not very good, but not like Sacred Heart bad. I didn't think they were good last year either when I saw them at the Icebreaker.

Minnesota is rolling, but Michigan State is also becoming a great example for youth teams everywhere on not how to play in your own end.

Yeah Michigan State has no physical presence at all and against a good skating team like Minnesota you have to play them physical. I think teams that can play a physical more grind it out style can give Minnesota some problems.

Lucky for us we don't face them until January. By then I'm guessing the team will be gelling by then(at least should be).

I like this quote. It shows that, yes we are a developing team that should respect what the goofs are...on the other hand we can beat them with our style of play. Sioux teams generally do better later in the year.

I just wish we had a home series vs. the Gophers in this, UND's (and MN's) final WCHA season.

Yeah, and it's not like the Gofers to ever travel for a non-conference series either...so don't think they will be wanting to drive up to GF to face the Sioux anytime soon after the last year of the 'real' WCHA...

Yeah, and it's not like the Gofers to ever travel for a non-conference series either...so don't think they will be wanting to drive up to GF to face the Sioux anytime soon after the last year of the 'real' WCHA...

It's more like Lucia doesn't want to schedule us. They made scheduling agreements with BU/BC, Notre Dame and CC/DU to avoid it.

• Upvote 1

Nov. 23-24, 2012 - Minnesota @ Vermont

Nov. 25-26, 2011 - Minnesota @ Michigan State

Prior to that the Gophers have played non-conference road games at Bemidji State, New Hampshire, Boston U, Maine, Nebraska Omaha, a tourney in Alaska, plus Michigan/Michigan State every other year.

But yeah, other than that.....

It's more like Lucia doesn't want to schedule us. They made scheduling agreements with BU/BC, Notre Dame and CC/DU to avoid it.

Lucia said (either on his radio show or an interview/media day) that UND will be back on the schedule in a couple years and will be a team that they play every year.

5 minuters in and the gophers are up 2-0 just like that. Sorry but they look damn good right now. Early yes but that top line of Haula,Bjugstad,and Rau is going to be tough to stop.

edit: Make that 3-0.

Haula is on the second line. Christian Isaackson is the other winger with Bjugstad and Rau on the first line.

The key to beating Minnesota is playing physical, but not overly physical. Hit them all you want, but go to the penalty box and they'll make you pay with the skill guys they have. Every time that top unit is on the ice they've got to get hit. Give Rau and Bjugstad space and you're just asking to give them chances. Same things goes for their second line with Haula and Budish.

Of course you could just play in Minnesota's end, get a cycle going, and make those guys play defense.

The key to beating Minnesota is playing physical, but not overly physical. Hit them all you want, but go to the penalty box and they'll make you pay with the skill guys they have. Every time that top unit is on the ice they've got to get hit. Give Rau and Bjugstad space and you're just asking to give them chances. Same things goes for their second line with Haula and Budish.

Of course you could just play in Minnesota's end, get a cycle going, and make those guys play defense.

What do you mean Budish? He's had a pretty poor college career. He's just a big body and that's it, not a lot skill there. He should have played in the USHL right after high school for a year to develop, instead was rushed in at the U of M coming right out of high school. Then, he had the "infamous moped" accident that sidelined him for an entire year.

He's not a very good player. He'd be a third line player on this year's Sioux squad with everyone in the lineup and healthy, if that.

Haula, on the other hand is a player. He's pretty good. No question.