SiouxSports.com Forum

Red Pepper White Sauce Recipe

BobIwabuchiFan

Thanks for the bump, in the 70's a lady that worked at The Pepper gave me the white sauce recipe. Just looked and couldn't find it. I used the cheapest off brand dressing from Hugo's along with their buns, thinking the point here is to get a bland dressing. Recipe very close to one above with whole milk and never used white pepper, but quite a bit of black. Some years later, used dough from in a bread machine recipe and after batch was mixed, shut off the machine and took out the dough. Rolled out rolls on cooky sheet pan, let rise, baked till brown.  Been 20 years since last tried, going to make some grinders today.  

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love to try and make some grinders but man it would be hard to get it right.  So many things have to be just so.

The meat with the oats in it (FYI Taco Bell puts oats in their taco meat also)

The cheese

The bread.  Maybe the most important part IMO.

The white sauce

The summer sausage (although I think you could use any good cut of summer sausage and get good results if the above items work out)

8 hours ago, focker said:

I'd love to try and make some grinders but man it would be hard to get it right.  So many things have to be just so.

The meat with the oats in it (FYI Taco Bell puts oats in their taco meat also)

The cheese

The bread.  Maybe the most important part IMO.

The white sauce

The summer sausage (although I think you could use any good cut of summer sausage and get good results if the above items work out)

The real bread,  still sold at Hugos, the summer sausage,  made and sold at l&m, as regular summer sausage or now named pork and beef summer sausage. It's just in a larger casing at the store.  White sauce and taco meat recipe found in this thread,  or just buy a pint of each at the rp. Cheese,  white American, you can get that sliced at l&m as well. 

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...
12 hours ago, DB Cooper said:

Anyone know shark sauce recipe from the cay? I know lots of butter 

Parrot's Cay is absolutely what I miss most about food in GF. I want to get up there sometime just for this.

Do they still have their stir fry? That was the best!

Wings were amazing!

Do they still do $1 burger and $1.50 beer night?

• 1 year later...
On 10/21/2019 at 7:48 PM, DB Cooper said:

Anyone know shark sauce recipe from the cay? I know lots of butter 

I found the below recipe online for shark sauce. Does anyone know if this is different from the Cay Sauce they put on their stir fry? If different, does anyone have a recipe for the cay sauce?

Parrots Cay Wing Sauce

1 1/2 lb butter

1 lb margarine

1 lb sour cream

1/4 cup cumin, onion powder, garlic powder

1/2 cup Cajun Seasoning

1/2 cup dry ranch seasoning (4 packets ~1oz)

Directions

· Blend together butter, margarine and sour cream

· blend together all dry ingredients

· Fold in all dry ingredients to butter mixture (make sure to mix well)

*This recipe is a "3" to make hotter, add cayenne pepper each dish is an additional "level"

Wings ~ Deep fry wings, add 1 1/2 ice cream scoops of wing sauce to 1/4 cup red hot sauce, melt together add wings and toss to coat

*For each level above "10" add a small dash of "Da Bomb" usually 1-2 dashes will get to "level 15"

Da Bomb sauce is online or at Happy Harry's. ( https://www.amazon.com/Bomb-Beyond-Insanity-Sauce-Bottle/dp/B000FIBBWS )

½ Recipe

-1/4 lb Butter (12 oz=3 sticks)

-1/4 lb margarine (8oz=2 sticks)

-1/2 lb sour Cream (8 oz)

-1/8 cup cumin, onion powder, garlic poder (2 tablespoon=6 tablespoon) use 2 tablespoon of each spice to equal 1/8 cup)

-1/8 cup cayenne pepper (2 tablespoon)

-1/4 cup Cajun seasoning

-1/4 cup dry ranch seasoning (2 packets~1 oz)

Dairy Free Ranch Mix qtys are for ½ recipe)

-2 ½ tsp dried chives

-2 ½ tsp dried parsley

-2 ½ dried dill weed

-1 ¼ tsp garlic powder

-1 ½ tsp onion powder

-5/8 tsp salt

-5/8 tsp ground black pepper

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I came across this thread randomly by accident by searching for a red pepper famous white sauce recipe haha. Thanks for everyone’s input. I am looking to recreate my favorite college fast food sandwich! Anyone know how to make the red sauce and also what seasonings are in the taco meat? Thanks in advance. GO SIOUX!

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, MonsterAndroid said:

Does anyone know the exact seasoning that is in the taco meat? 

I use a pound of hamburger 2 tablespoons chilli powder, 2 tablespoons cumin,  1 teaspoon sea salt, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, half a large onion finley chopped , and 1.5 cooked cups of quick oats. Put onion in first with burger then the dry ingredients then add the oatmeal. That's how I do it and it's pretty close.