SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Three new offers:

Quinn Bailey, 6'4”, 270, Gilbert (Higley), AZ Has offers from AZ, ASU, NMex, UNC, OR, UT St & Wash

Andy Fidler, 6'6”, 270, Port Washington (Port Washington), WI Has offers from Fordham & B Green

Roderick Winters, 5'11”, 195, 4.5, Arlington (Bowie), TX Has offers from NM St, MO & S Hous St

He's probably a really long shot for us to get but I like what it shows in coaching philosophy. They aren't going after little scat backs to run a spread with. They're going after big strong fast power backs so we can get back to pounding the rock. It's defiantly a nice thing to see that the coaches haven't forgotten what it takes to win championships.

Is there a reason that we are offering kids from Florida and Arizona that we have no chance of getting? I understand that they want to get the best athletes that they can, but why waste time on kids that have bigger offers close to home or may leave after spending the month of January in Grand Forks.

Is there a reason that we are offering kids from Florida and Arizona that we have no chance of getting? I understand that they want to get the best athletes that they can, but why waste time on kids that have bigger offers close to home or may leave after spending the month of January in Grand Forks.

Although they may have offers from better schools right now, those offers can often disappear as the year goes on and those schools find better athletes to sign. Due to this a very good player from a southern state may fall to us on occasion and would be a steal for UND. It doesn't hurt to put the offer out there... if we get them then great, if we don't well we weren't really expecting to anyways. Also, maybe the athlete is interested in becoming a pilot ;)

• Upvote 1

I agree with the "swing for the fences" mentality. Do you think it is possible that we miss out on kids because of offers or attention to kids that won't end up coming to UND?

if you swing for the fences every time and strike out every time, what are you left with when they all commit up and fcs caliber athletes are all snapped up?

if you swing for the fences every time and strike out every time, what are you left with when they all commit up and fcs caliber athletes are all snapped up?

I didn't know we were swinging for the fences on every offer. Last years class worked out quite nicely even though we swung real big on some prospects.

I agree with the "swing for the fences" mentality. Do you think it is possible that we miss out on kids because of offers or attention to kids that won't end up coming to UND?

No because we offer a bunch of kids. If anything we lose out on lower end kids and pick up more higher end kids.

You are a special kind of stupid if you really think that's what he meant. bville needs you back...run along now.

You are a special kind of stupid if you really think that's what he meant. bville needs you back...run along now.

Who said anything about that? He asked for a situation in which offering high-end long shot athletes could backfire, and I gave him one. Sioux sports can be so sensitive and easy to offend sometimes.