SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Does anyone happen to know the scholarship matrix for the current roster? I guess it would be nice to know where the current scholarships sit. Do we know who the walk-ons are and who has a scholarship? I found this on the gopherhole: http://robb.dominodeveloper.net/members/robb/gopherroster.nsf/rosterFB

That would help know what is going to be available at the end of this season so we can focus on the depth of this class.

I agree that there needs to be more depth added on defense. I am also pretty sure they can't recruit just one side of the ball for two years.

Does anyone happen to know the scholarship matrix for the current roster? I guess it would be nice to know where the current scholarships sit. Do we know who the walk-ons are and who has a scholarship? I found this on the gopherhole: http://robb.dominode...er.nsf/rosterFB

That would help know what is going to be available at the end of this season so we can focus on the depth of this class.

I agree that there needs to be more depth added on defense. I am also pretty sure they can't recruit just one side of the ball for two years.

I think this would be a lot tougher to decipher for FCS teams due to how scholarships are allowed to be split. FBS teams have 85 scholarships and are allowed to give partial's, but it will still count as a whole scholarship towards their total of 85 (so no real point in giving partials). FCS teams are allowed 63 scholarships and are allowed to give partials, with a max of 85 student-athletes receiving scholarships. The overall limit is that no more than 95 players can participate in practice prior to the school's first day of classes or first game, whichever comes first. After that date, the participation limitation is removed. So if your 63 scholarships are spread among the max of 85 players, you can have no more than 10 walk-ons at the beginning of fall camp, though the number could be more if scholarships are spread among the max of 85.

It would be great if someone had a depth chart they could post and I bet we could figure out who's got $ and the walk-ons, etc. I'm guessing it would also "out" some dead weight on the roster too. The Jr and Sr that don't see the field but are holding $.

It would be great if someone had a depth chart they could post and I bet we could figure out who's got $ and the walk-ons, etc. I'm guessing it would also "out" some dead weight on the roster too. The Jr and Sr that don't see the field but are holding $.

Try the spring prospectus on the website. Some of those players will have been cut but it'll give you what you need if you add the recruiting class

I think you'd be able to have a pretty good idea of who is getting some scholarship money and who isn't but the tough part would be knowing who has partials and how much of a partial they are getting (1/4, 1/2, 3/4's, etc).

I think you'd be able to have a pretty good idea of who is getting some scholarship money and who isn't but the tough part would be knowing who has partials and how much of a partial they are getting (1/4, 1/2, 3/4's, etc).

What makes this whole endeavor impossible is that some in state players won't require a full scholarship and neither will kids who have also earned academic scholarships

Three more offers:

DE Glyeb Ewing, 6'5", 235, Waulkon (Waulkon), IA Has offer from W IL

TE Matt Juneau, 6'5", 280, Champlin (Champlin Park), MN

DB Jonathan Buffin, 5'9", 175, 4.5, Cedar Hill (Cedar Hill), TX (2 Star - Rivals)

I think this one is taken care of for sure.

Can't have that mentality no matter how good or deep a position group is. We'll lose Hardin and Townsend after next year and who knows if we lose someone due to unforeseen circumstances. Ignoring a position group is an easy way to go from a position of strength to a weakness in a hurry. I'd be worried if there isn't at least one receiver in the next class.

Can't have that mentality no matter how good or deep a position group is. We'll lose Hardin and Townsend after next year and who knows if we lose someone due to unforeseen circumstances. Ignoring a position group is an easy way to go from a position of strength to a weakness in a hurry. I'd be worried if there isn't at least one receiver in the next class.

I believe we also lose McGill.

McGill's been moved to DB.

Interesting. That surprises me given the big learning curve that tends to come with learning technique, footwork and other mechanics that are unique to secondary positions. Being this is his last year, he'll have to be a really quick study or be content with a special teams and/or reserve role. It made more sense to me when they moved Ivery to the secondary as he had more time ahead of him to learn the position. He's talented and quick, I will give McGill that.

Three more offers:

OT Kory Kodanko, 6'6", 320, DePere (DePere West), WI Has offer from IA St

LB Eji Ejiya, 6'2", 190, Spring Lake Park (Spring Lake Park), MN

RB Mitchell Layton, 6'1", 200, 4.8, Roseville (Woodcreek), CA Has offers from Harvard, Air Force, Army, S. Jose St, UCDavis, Yale & Sac St