Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
sioux34

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, SiouxForever said:

What place would that be? Haven’t been downtown Forks in ages.... thx. 

looking from left to right it goes....the frame store run by that old witch, the "art" store owned by adam kemp, and then the urban stampede...i think adam's place is called "u are here"....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 9:38 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Just walked thru downtown GF...For all those whoa is me articles about all these bars and restaurants that were forcibly closed and "not sure how we're gonna make it stories if this goes another week" it's amazing how many are still closed by CHOICE?  Level 10, Oreillys, B and B, and Half Brothers are all closed (yet inside half brothers there were about five guys (i think all with manicured beards) either doing some form of podcast or video game tournament while drinking beer.

Something tells me that they got their SBA grant money that i think they don't have to pay back as long as they don't stop paying their employees or their employees are loving the idea of getting more money not to work or a combo of the two......which is really sad.

Most bars and restaurants do not have a business plan that will allow them to remain open operating at 50% capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Most bars and restaurants do not have a business plan that will allow them to remain open operating at 50% capacity.

so totally closed is better than being partially open?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so totally closed is better than being partially open?

I have read a few articles and stories interviewing bar and restaurant owners who said that is the case.

I don't think it is a one solution fits all but I would guess that those who rely on liquor and beer for the majority of their revenue would likely fall into this category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, petey23 said:

I have read a few articles and stories interviewing bar and restaurant owners who said that is the case.

I don't think it is a one solution fits all but I would guess that those who rely on liquor and beer for the majority of their revenue would likely fall into this category.

maybe i'm missing something but totally closed can't be better than partially open. take half brothers...yeah maybe don't have 6 different beers...maybe 1 or maybe 2...and if i was the owner and no one wanted/could work...put your beer pouring shoes on and open up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

maybe i'm missing something but totally closed can't be better than partially open. take half brothers...yeah maybe don't have 6 different beers...maybe 1 or maybe 2...and if i was the owner and no one wanted/could work...put your beer pouring shoes on and open up.

Offering 2 beer options is gonna save them money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

maybe i'm missing something but totally closed can't be better than partially open. take half brothers...yeah maybe don't have 6 different beers...maybe 1 or maybe 2...and if i was the owner and no one wanted/could work...put your beer pouring shoes on and open up.

If you're closed you're not paying staff and you have reduced operating and possibly insurance costs.  It's possible these businesses believe staff and operating costs would exceed the revenue generated by being open.  Having seen how (not) busy many Grand Forks bars/restaurants are in the summer with no students, I'd imagine they'd do even less business during Corona with no students, elderly, or Canadians.  There's also the risk of a big old GFHerald tweet stating "Coronavirus Outbreak Traced Back to (insert restaurant name)."  That would be tough to recover from.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Offering 2 beer options is gonna save them money?

i'm sure some places could piss into a boot and people would be happy just being out drinking instead of locked inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

If you're closed you're not paying staff and you have reduced operating and possibly insurance costs.  It's possible these businesses believe staff and operating costs would exceed the revenue generated by being open.  Having seen how (not) busy many Grand Forks bars/restaurants are in the summer with no students, I'd imagine they'd do even less business during Corona with no students, elderly, or Canadians.  There's also the risk of a big old GFHerald tweet stating "Coronavirus Outbreak Traced Back to (insert restaurant name)."  That would be tough to recover from.

which is why i stated that the owners could run the place in the meanwhile...limited beer options...reduced hours and whatnot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i'm sure some places could piss into a boot and people would be happy just being out drinking instead of locked inside.

so basically Keystone Light at the former DownUNDer (RIP) :)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i'm sure some places could piss into a boot and people would be happy just being out drinking instead of locked inside.

Sounds like you should open a lemonade stand.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

maybe i'm missing something but totally closed can't be better than partially open. take half brothers...yeah maybe don't have 6 different beers...maybe 1 or maybe 2...and if i was the owner and no one wanted/could work...put your beer pouring shoes on and open up.

Could you survive if your paycheck was cut in half?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

Could you survive if your paycheck was cut in half?

? paycheck...u...are...the owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

half brothers patio is open in the back alley....few people out there drinking on a nice eve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering if the Cay is open? Making a trip to Forks tomorrow from Fargo and really got a craving

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

? paycheck...u...are...the owner.

You know what I meant. Revenue, income,cash flow. Cut it in half. Is it worth the effort or or you just pissing into the wind?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Siouxfan11 said:

Just wondering if the Cay is open? Making a trip to Forks tomorrow from Fargo and really got a craving

Take-out only at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ChadR said:

Any update on Wild Hog?

It appears that it's only open for Take out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

drove by blue moose on the way home...tables on the north side in the grass by the road leading to the state park...spaced nicely apart...people on the deck too obviously

two things...should've been allowed todo this about a month ago...and they might want to keep this for the summer and next and beyond...looked awesome and somewhat easy access for servers to go down the steps and over the grassy area

spud junior were taking down their outside seating...

up north has a few table on the north side..no one out there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wonder when the new owners of the urban stampede are gonna open...adam kemp is thirsty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

El Gordito at the (don't laugh) Columbia Mall Food Court is pretty good and worth checking out.  Authentic Mexican, moderately priced, not super fast if you're in a big hurry.

They are a satellite location for the restaurant in Crookston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

El Gordito at the (don't laugh) Columbia Mall Food Court is pretty good and worth checking out.  Authentic Mexican, moderately priced, not super fast if you're in a big hurry.

They are a satellite location for the restaurant in Crookston.

wow...never even thought there was one place open out there at the food court...sounds worth checking out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...