SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

33 minutes ago, Goon said:

I've had three of them in the last week and they were fabulous. I didn't see any problems. 

I am not sure what everyone is complaining about. Tasted good to me. 

Did you get buns similar to the pic posted by the UNDfootball360 account, or a giant, dry loaf of bread similar to what I received and posted a pic of? 

3 hours ago, Goon said:

They improved the bread. 

That Biz pic looks like the awful original new bun.  Apparently baker boy is having consistency problems like hugos did b4 their unfortunate demise.

You're not a good judge goon.  Too young and have never found food you didn't like;)

7 minutes ago, sprig said:

That Biz pic looks like the awful original new bun.  Apparently baker boy is having consistency problems like hugos did b4 their unfortunate demise.

You're not a good judge goon.  Too young and have never found food you didn't like;)

At a young age of 51, I have seen the improvement in their buns. I am kind of a food expert. :) 

I didn't get this body from eating Kale and Kelp. :) 

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2018 at 5:51 PM, UNDBIZ said:

20180607_172800_zpshwjgbuxs.jpg?w=480&h=

So much for consistent bread. 

That looks aweful, reminds of of the dry aweful tasteless bread they use at blimpies.

the reason to never eat at blimpies again, 

at this point I may just buy a few day old loafs at ebberts and  gerberts and BYOBread into the pepper

16 minutes ago, Cratter said:

At the 32nd McDonalds, the drive thru line at noon is consistently backed up near the street...drive another block and Burger King will be empty.

Thats a trend in many places. Personally,  I prefer burger king but the service/quality is not consistent. 

3 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Thats a trend in many places. Personally,  I prefer burger king but the service/quality is not consistent. 

It's just interesting because every Burger King in Grand Forks is pretty much a block or two away from a McDonalds. I'm surprised (I guess I really shouldn't be) how constantly busy McDonalds is. I'll often skip it because of the (drive thru) line and head to BK....Where I will be second in line and it'll still take longer than McDonalds. :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

It's just interesting because every Burger King in Grand Forks is pretty much a block or two away from a McDonalds. I'm surprised (I guess I really shouldn't be) how constantly busy McDonalds is. I'll often skip it because of the (drive thru) line and head to BK....Where I will be second in line and it'll still take longer than McDonalds. :lol:

I have a burger king a block from my place. Very slow. Mediocre.

There's a burger king a couple miles away where the service is nothing special but the food is fresh. 

Theres a burger king a few miles down the road from that on base where the service is fast and the food is mediocre.

Very frustrating that BK seems to struggle with consistency. I still tend to choose it anyway. I'm an occasional sadist.

So apparently Giuseppe's is closed for good. http://www.grandforksherald.com/business/restaurants-and-bars/4461108-grand-forks-giuseppes-closed-good-after-dispute

It's an unfortunate ending to that story, but I did get a kick out of this quote by Jeff Tellmann at the end: “Giuseppe's as it was ceased to exist on Jan. 3 of this year,” Tellmann said. “The Red Pepper is what we do. That’s where our bread is buttered and this was just kind of a side project.”

2 hours ago, streetsahead said:

So apparently Giuseppe's is closed for good. http://www.grandforksherald.com/business/restaurants-and-bars/4461108-grand-forks-giuseppes-closed-good-after-dispute

It's an unfortunate ending to that story, but I did get a kick out of this quote by Jeff Tellmann at the end: “Giuseppe's as it was ceased to exist on Jan. 3 of this year,” Tellmann said. “The Red Pepper is what we do. That’s where our bread is buttered and this was just kind of a side project.”

Hate to see their butter budget after the bread change.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2018 at 7:52 PM, Cratter said:

It's just interesting because every Burger King in Grand Forks is pretty much a block or two away from a McDonalds. I'm surprised (I guess I really shouldn't be) how constantly busy McDonalds is. 

Life Hack: Skip the lines and use the McDonalds mobile app. Order and pay on your phone. Pull up "curbside" and they bring it to your vehicle. 

Bonus Points: There are deals only available through the mobile app. One of which is a $1 Big Mac.

12 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Life Hack: Skip the lines and use the McDonalds mobile app. Order and pay on your phone. Pull up "curbside" and they bring it to your vehicle. 

Bonus Points: There are deals only available through the mobile app. One of which is a $1 Big Mac.

Is that for real?  Wow

On 6/10/2018 at 5:39 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

That looks aweful, reminds of of the dry aweful tasteless bread they use at blimpies.

the reason to never eat at blimpies again, 

at this point I may just buy a few day old loafs at ebberts and  gerberts and BYOBread into the pepper

You can buy the "real" grinder bun at hugo's and take it to the red pepper and have them make a "real" grinder. They've done that for more than one customer.