SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

10 minutes ago, choyt3 said:

You probably visited Dagwood’s, Joe Dimaggio’s, Shakey’s, Players, Frenchy’s, & Toppers before games at one time, too. All good pre-game venues back in the day in GF. Look what you’ve done. 

I miss 42nd Street Eatery.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, choyt3 said:

You probably visited Dagwood’s, Joe Dimaggio’s, Shakey’s, Players, Frenchy’s, & Toppers before games at one time, too. All good pre-game venues back in the day in GF. Look what you’ve done. 

Nothing will ever top Frenchy's!!!

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, sprig said:

Finally tried the improved baker boy bun grinder today, and can't tell it from the Hugo's bun. Some may like it better. Can now go back to my regularly scheduled grinder.

I love baker boy buns so I can imagine the new grinder buns are pretty good. 

6 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Please stay clear of the Red Pepper; usually eat there three times in two days when we come up for a football/hockey weekend.:)

OK, I'm 7 for 11. ;)  

Red Pepper was my "we're late, grab and go" option. Now that it's in the rink all the better. 

What's with Neighbors Bar?

Friday and Saturday night. Hockey in town. Should be some of the best nights of the year.

Only two people ever in that bar (Massive glass exterior makes that easy to see).

Despite 100's of college students within easy stumbling distance.

You have to try to be that bad.

13 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Ate at the Pepper on 42nd today. Buns sucked. My wife liked it. My son and I said nyet.How long must this travesty continue?

Ate at the University Avenue one on Saturday. Buns were terrible still.

Heard they were getting them from a Canadian Company.

Disappointing. I'll be back in town in a few weeks and was really hoping they had it fixed. Based on their social media activity (responding to all bun questions with "yes we have the original recipe buns back"), I won't be able to trust them in the future. Killing my nostalgia. 

36 minutes ago, LeftyZL said:

Ate at the University Avenue one on Saturday. Buns were terrible still.

Heard they were getting them from a Canadian Company.

they are from Baker Boy in Dickinson. The newest batch is improved over the first Baker Boy buns, but they need to get rid of the corn meal on the bottom. Supposedly Baker Boy has the original Hugo's recipe but obviously hasn't perfected it yet

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

They're charging $10+ for a sub sandwich most places would get $8 for. I'm not going to pay that for substandard bread. 

It’s over $10 for a full everything now? I’m a hard Schneider and tostada guy so I haven’t looked at the grinder prices in a while.

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It’s over $10 for a full everything now? I’m a hard Schneider and tostada guy so I haven’t looked at the grinder prices in a while.

I think it was, although that may have included a small white sauce to go. Reminds me of the Pizza Corner debacle. That's a solid $6-7 pizza now, but they're still trying to get $10 at the grocery stores.