SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

What are all the new restaurants popping up in GF/EGF? 

I heard there is a new sandwich shop popping up next to the new starbucks? That complex is in a new location of Washington and Demers??? Yikes

What about that strip mall style building going up by the old Bucks? Will any of those be restaurants?  

What's going in the old Green Mill? 

Sonic and Chick-fil-a will be completed soon it looked like. 

35 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

What are all the new restaurants popping up in GF/EGF? 

I heard there is a new sandwich shop popping up next to the new starbucks? That complex is in a new location of Washington and Demers??? Yikes

What about that strip mall style building going up by the old Bucks? Will any of those be restaurants?  

What's going in the old Green Mill? 

Sonic and Chick-fil-a will be completed soon it looked like. 

Smiling Moose deli will be next to Starbucks. Vinyl Taco is going in the former Bucks. The old Green Mill is becoming a Crooked Pint. Sonic and Chick are both opening in late September I believe.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:27 PM, geaux_sioux said:

There's a lot more than just vinyl taco going in that strip where bucks used to stand. I think I remember seeing 5 units or so.

Also, First International Bank (that's the one with the tall beams going in on the far South end), Men's Hair Co.

Haven't heard on the other spaces.

1 hour ago, JTSchro said:

Also, First International Bank (that's the one with the tall beams going in on the far South end), Men's Hair Co.

Haven't heard on the other spaces.

the city should just close 22nd ave??? and connect FIBank and BeMobile and just have one long ass continuous strip from the gas station to the south to the oil change place.

23 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I was in GF in the summerof '89 when Taco Bell opened on Washington.  My roommate dragged me there for lunch...was the greatest day of my life. :lol:  

If you ordered from the SW Taco Bell in '89, there is a good chance that you just got your food when you posed this message. :D 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Did anyone try the new Chik Fil-A? Fargo’s won’t be up for quite a while so enjoy the influx of people driving up to try it out. ND is the last state in the continental US to get one.

Their locations are always packed.  Their food offerings are healthier too, as that seems to be the future of fast food.

The first day their open, the first 100 customers get free food forever, at least that was what I was told.

3 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Their locations are always packed.  Their food offerings are healthier too, as that seems to be the future of fast food.

The first day their open, the first 100 customers get free food forever, at least that was what I was told.

I suppose since it’s new it’s gonna be packed everyday. Takes a while before a new business cools off a bit.

3 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I suppose since it’s new it’s gonna be packed everyday. Takes a while before a new business cools off a bit.

Well the ones around here have cooled off, but they had lines for blocks for drive up.  Their locations seem to be always packed, especially at noon.

20 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Opens on the 12th, they are promoting a Ralph like campout on the 11th, first 100 get a sandwich/week for 52 weeks

Edit: tents are up

On 10/10/2017 at 9:43 PM, darell1976 said:

Did anyone try the new Chik Fil-A? Fargo’s won’t be up for quite a while so enjoy the influx of people driving up to try it out. ND is the last state in the continental US to get one.

I ate at one in Fort Collins Colorado & it was really busy - really good but I even love Burger Kings Crispy Chicken Sandwich