SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

JL Beers burgers are the best. Great variety of burgers. Not to many burgers are better than the Humpty Dumpty burger with bacon!! Plus you can have a delicious microbrew to wash it down!! Hands down the best burger place in Grand Forks!!

What's the biggest burger they have? I remember Bennigans had a 1lb burger (The Big Irish). The last one in FM closed a few months ago.

What's the biggest burger they have? I remember Bennigans had a 1lb burger (The Big Irish). The last one in FM closed a few months ago.

They only have one size patty* and you can get a single or double. It's just a damn good regular burger. I haven't tried Smash Burger, but JL is way better than 5 Guys. Prices are also very good. Range from $3.19 to $5.19(double w/ cheese & grilled onions).

http://jlbeers.com/grandforks/menu/

*5oz pre-cooked, I think

I guess "ratings" are all relative but JL beers was selected by the USA Today as the best burger joint in North Dakota. Just Saying.

And 5 Guys and Hi Ho have also received numerous accolades from various publications as well....I have ate at JL a couple times and while the burgers were good, maybe they just didn't quite live up to the hype?

If you take in a Redhawks game at Newman, make sure to get a Hi Ho burger at their stand next to the beer garden. They used to deliver to your seat with a phone call or text message, but I'm not sure if they still do that. Overall, I'd put JL #1 and Hi Ho #2 primarily based on the beer selection at JL; the burgers are pretty close to equal. Also like the fries at JL, but that's a personal preference. If you haven't had them, they're the matchstick type like McDonalds. 5 Guys has the worst fries of them all IMO, but I've met lots of people who absolutely love them.

Hub Bar downtown GF serves a very good burger. It's also the oldest bar in GF. My son is running it now.My sister former UND athlete Rae Ann Moe ran it for years. She passed away 2 years ago. She had 16 letters 4 a year for 4 years. She was good friends with Roger Thomas who use to tell her you must have been one hell of an athlete Rae Ann. We were very proud of her. Roger trIed to get her into UND'S hall of fame but she never graduated From UND what a shame. Try a Hub burger someday.

Hub Bar downtown GF serves a very good burger. It's also the oldest bar in GF. My son is running it now.My sister former UND athlete Rae Ann Moe ran it for years. She passed away 2 years ago. She had 16 letters 4 a year for 4 years. She was good friends with Roger Thomas who use to tell her you must have been one hell of an athlete Rae Ann. We were very proud of her. Roger trIed to get her into UND'S hall of fame but she never graduated From UND what a shame. Try a Hub burger someday.

When I went to Aakers from 95-97 (graduated the night of the infamous ice storm), we used to eat lunch at The Hub. Good food. Glad to know they are still open.

Wanted to go out for dinner with some friends to the Toasted Frog a few years ago but didn't think to call ahead. We got our name on the waiting list and figured we could walk over to the Hub for a drink while we waited. We decided to just have a burger and some apps there. I was blown away because I had never heard anyone talk about food at the Hub. Definitely a hidden gem in Grand Forks.

Rae Ann was a good lady. I met your son and daughter-in-law last winter and they seemed like a real nice couple. A nice young couple like that makes one want to wish them success.