SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-2013 Season

SWSiouxMN

So when the fire Idalski chants going to be coming?

I'm sure they would come if more people cared about women's hockey. Obviously, there is a lack of interest considering the REA pretty much gave away tickets last week and couldn't fill the lower bowl. Wisconsin's women's team did the same thing last year and drew over 10,600 fans to the Kohl Center.

Anyway, the women's team beat Clarkson today. It's going to be very important for the team to beat some highly ranked teams the rest of the season if they want to make the tournament. Idalski didn't seem completely pleased with the win this afternoon in the presser.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting situation tonight as Jensen is dressed and is on the 4th line. I think this weekend will be a bigger test to see how much this team has improve with Michelle K back in the lineup. If we can get a huge sweep of UMD this weekend, it will go a long way to build this teams confidence and get them on a roll for the second half of the year.

Wild ending to the game tonight. UND went up 3-1 on an empty netter with :30 left. UMD then scores 2 goals, including one with .2 left to send it to overtime. They started with a penalty, it was killed and Monique bails out UND with a GWG to get 3 big points.

Jensen also was on the ice tonight playing, so we are now have all of our big weapons on the ice.

Wild ending to the game tonight. UND went up 3-1 on an empty netter with :30 left. UMD then scores 2 goals, including one with .2 left to send it to overtime. They started with a penalty, it was killed and Monique bails out UND with a GWG to get 3 big points.

Jensen also was on the ice tonight playing, so we are now have all of our big weapons on the ice.

I try not to be critical of the refs but they were pretty bad tonight.

Dagfinrud had two amazing saves on the goal that tied it up for UMD to drive overtime. There wasn't anything else she could really do about it after those big saves. There was .00.2 seconds left on the clock. Duluth will be a tough team tomorrow.

The women take care of business with a 5-2 win over Duluth to complete the sweep. Its amazing how much this team has improved with Michelle back in the lineup. Now it appears that Leah will work her way back into the lineup. Things are about to be fun and we are starting to figure things out before we head to a tough stretch to our schedule. We are now tied with OSU for 2nd in the conference with 24 points.

Quick stat:

Before Michelle K came back 2.2 Goals/Game (5-5)

After Michelle K came back 4.75 Goals/Game (4-0)

It's just my guess, but I feel like it took a bit for the team to gel at the beginning of the season and then some of the veteran players were fighting mental battles. On top of those things, Karvinen was out.

I'm very happy about the sweep this weekend. I think they worked hard for it and I think the remainder of the season will be one heck've a ride! With some bumps along the way, but it will be fun.

Yesterday UND put on a clinic against RIT, but you have to hand it to RIT. They never quit, even when they were down five+ goals. The RIT Athletics women's hockey Twitter was very complimentary today even though they got it handed to them.

In other related women's hockey news. Minnesota is still undefeated. Today Wisconsin held them scoreless until halfway through the 3rd period. Wisco's goalie only allowed one goal and MN got an ENG. Wisconsin lost 2-0. I don't know about anyone else, but I still get excited thinking about UND playing MN mid-January.

This isn't necessarily just women's hockey related but I did find out this weekend at the womens game something interesting. I am not sure if any of you knew that in the past if a player from UND scored a hat trick in a game you would get 33% off of a hat in the SiouxShop. Apparently the NCAA caught wind of this and put the kabosh on it because it was profiting off of a student athletes success.

This isn't necessarily just women's hockey related but I did find out this weekend at the womens game something interesting. I am not sure if any of you knew that in the past if a player from UND scored a hat trick in a game you would get 33% off of a hat in the SiouxShop. Apparently the NCAA caught wind of this and put the kabosh on it because it was profiting off of a student athletes success.

Joy for the NCAA screwing over something fun yet again.

That's actually pretty hilarious. I was at the Saturday UMD game when Monique got the hatty and they said they had ended the promotion...I never asked for an explanation. It's to the point where the NCAA doesn't make me mad anymore, they just make me chuckle.

How does a non-profit organization that gives what it makes back to the athletes profit off an athlete's success?

How does a non-profit organization that gives what it makes back to the athletes profit off an athlete's success?

You may have read that wrong. The Sioux Shop is benefitting from the athlete's achievement by selling more hats (even if they were on sale). I don't believe the Sioux Shop is a non-profit organization.

You may have read that wrong. The Sioux Shop is benefitting from the athlete's achievement by selling more hats (even if they were on sale). I don't believe the Sioux Shop is a non-profit organization.

That is correct.