SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-2013 Season

SWSiouxMN

okay so Hajdu wasn't there...was Derek Koenen?

in terms of priority of the games this past week most und fans would have them as

1. und womens hockey game against um

2. und mens bball games against suu/wsu

3. und mens hockey games against mtu

in terms of the und athletics department they would have them as

1. und mens hockey game 1 on friday

2. und mens hockey game 2 on saturday

2. und ments hockey game 3 on sunday

4. everything else

if hajdu is the assitant ad he should have been in minny for the womens game from most people i spoke to about this weekend of und sports?

I'm guessing that your priority is as listed. For better or for worse UND Hockey is FAR more popular than Bball or women's hockey.

in terms of priority of the games this past week most und fans would have them as

4. everything else

if hajdu is the assitant ad he should have been in minny for the womens game from most people i spoke to about this weekend of und sports?

I really don't think thats right but I'll be honest for me my priority was:

1. UND mens hockey game 1, 2, and 3

2. UND womens hockey

3. Everything else

I'm guessing that your priority is as listed. For better or for worse UND Hockey is FAR more popular than Bball or women's hockey.

for better or worse i undertand that und mens hockey is FAR more popular (and revenue generator) than any other sport on campus but any NCAA national tournament game whether its swimming and diving or tennis those games should get more attention/coverage from the athletic department....

You know this how? It's not like the shots were 50-25 in favor of UND and the Gophers won simply because they have a better goalie. The Gophers are better than UND at every position. I can't believe I'm even posting on womens hockey.

Perhaps on paper the Gophers are better than UND at every position. All I can say as a Sioux fan is that both goalies played extremely well under pressurized conditions; so, for that matter, did players on both rosters. As it is, the game was a minute and change from being two complete hockey games. What an outstanding performance by both teams; give credit where credit is due. I hope the Gophers go on to win it all. I am a UND graduate but live in Minnesota. Still, the loss stings, much in the same manner the 1979 men's loss to Minnesota in the national championship game still stings. Nevertheless, two of the best college hockey games (men's and/or women's) ever played in my book. I will forever think of them as companion games, and for the moment consider them separately as the best men's game as well as the best women's game ever played. Just my two cents worth. These were two games truly for the ages.

Why? To replicate the excellent tweeting that was already being done? Even when I wasn't watching the game on the web, I still knew exactly what was happening; I was also able to see the post game press conference. What do you feel was lacking?

Why? To replicate the excellent tweeting that was already being done? Even when I wasn't watching the game on the web, I still knew exactly what was happening; I was also able to see the post game press conference. What do you feel was lacking?

what was lacking??? respect i guess

You know this how? It's not like the shots were 50-25 in favor of UND and the Gophers won simply because they have a better goalie. The Gophers are better than UND at every position. I can't believe I'm even posting on womens hockey.

Sorry the Twins are the best players on the planet....period. Bozek is nice player as is Kessel and so are some of the other women players on the other college womens hockey powers. That being said Minnesota is not better at every positon than UND but the deciding factor is DEPTH. That is where Minnesota won the game.

Sorry the Twins are the best players on the planet....period. Bozek is nice player as is Kessel and so are some of the other women players on the other college womens hockey powers. That being said Minnesota is not better at every positon than UND but the deciding factor is DEPTH. That is where Minnesota won the game.

Kessel is very good....just as good as the Twins. But you are correct, MN was way deeper than UND. But not better at every position. That Mariucci guy is an absolute nut, still confused why he hangs out on this site so much (@getalife).

Derek Koenen was at Ridder for the game as he is the women's hockey SID. Outside of posting tweets he has a lot of other duties that need to be done, especially when they're on the road. When the women's team is at home he has more assistance and interns to help tweet and contribute to the live chat when he's away from his computer (intermissions, etc...). In an overtime game, especially one like this, he is likely on the edge of his seat waiting for the moment he will have to run to ice level.

I'm not excusing what some might think is poor coverage, I just don't necessarily agree. Follow @UND_WIH on Twitter. Idalski always has someone tweeting some play-by-play action.

I will be the first person to admit that I was incredibly peeved when The Ralph took the game off with 50 seconds left and UND going on the PK. I sat in the stands of the men's game refreshing my Twitter feed like crazy waiting for something form either UNDWhockey or UND_WIH to the point that my battery was dead by the end of the night -- and I had a backup battery source. There are ways to get the information.

I wish, like most other people here, that UND had won the game. Even though they played extremely well and statistics can tell the story, the game goes down as a loss and that's unfortunate.

I look forward to seeing what happens next year, bumps in the ride and all. I also look forward to knowing that Raty is graduating. :lol:

4. everything else

Someone already posted about Koenen being there, so I won't continue with that. Jayson was most likely not there, because part of his job is to be at the men's hockey games. He is the one that the media talks to about which players they want to talk to in the press conference. Also, Derek's job is to cover women's sports. If someone is an assistant director at a company, are they at everyone's desk 24/7 to make sure that they are doing their job? That is why you have staff members to cover everything else.

I don't think you seem to realize that the UNDWHockey twitter thread is from the UND Women's hockey team (part of the Athletic Department). I am not sure what the lack of coverage was? The Herald couldn't make it, yet they still had information on it. A part of the athletic department (the hockey team) was tweeting at a good pace throughout the game and all three OTs. Looking at Derek's twitter...he is probably not a person who likes using that venue of letting people know. The article on undsports.com was updated as soon as possible on Saturday night.

UND got great goaltending too, but Nora Raty is just sensational. Minnesota isn't undefeated this year without her. She's just tremendous Look at the chances UND had to end the game in some situations and Raty didn't kick out any rebounds, and gave UND no second chance hope whatsoever.

I'm not trying to argue with you. Why you feel the need to come in here and try and be a pompous @ss all the time befuddles me. I don't hate Minnesota fans, I'll have conversation with you. But every thread you come into you stick out like a pompous idiot. Which I hope you're trying to be, because if you're not then you are doing a disservice to the Minnesota fan base.

Someone already posted about Koenen being there, so I won't continue with that. Jayson was most likely not there, because part of his job is to be at the men's hockey games. He is the one that the media talks to about which players they want to talk to in the press conference. Also, Derek's job is to cover women's sports. If someone is an assistant director at a company, are they at everyone's desk 24/7 to make sure that they are doing their job? That is why you have staff members to cover everything else.

I don't think you seem to realize that the UNDWHockey twitter thread is from the UND Women's hockey team (part of the Athletic Department). I am not sure what the lack of coverage was? The Herald couldn't make it, yet they still had information on it. A part of the athletic department (the hockey team) was tweeting at a good pace throughout the game and all three OTs. Looking at Derek's twitter...he is probably not a person who likes using that venue of letting people know. The article on undsports.com was updated as soon as possible on Saturday night.

i'm sure hajdu is a busy guy...he was busy posing with the mens hockey team for their team photo and didn't have the time to make it over to hyslop for the womens cross country team photo???

UND's powerplay is good enough or at least is supposed to be good enough to get the job done. The same goes for penalty killing. They didn't get the job done. Rationalizations about which circumstance is "exponetially more difficult" than the other or "is nothing compared to"? If it's what you have to do then so be it.

UND's powerplay was 1/2. UM powerplay was 2/7. I am not sure what you are arguing. Is your point, if UND can not score on a 5 min major that they should get the opportunity again even if UM commits a penalty.

i'm sure hajdu is a busy guy...he was busy posing with the mens hockey team for their team photo and didn't have the time to make it over to hyslop for the womens cross country team photo???

I'm not sure what your problem is with Media Relations. They all have specific roles, and they do them well. Jayson was doing his job, working the Men's Hockey game. It isn't his fault that you didn't realize that someone else was taking care of things for the Women's Hockey game.

If you, or any fan for that matter, has any concerns or issues related to athletics media relations, you are more than welcome to address me directly either on this board or via email at jayson.hajdu@athletics.und.edu. I'm not hard to find.

If you, or any fan for that matter, has any concerns or issues related to athletics media relations, you are more than welcome to address me directly either on this board or via email at jayson.hajdu@athletics.und.edu. I'm not hard to find.

... unless you're jonesing for a Diet Coke in a building where all the machines are out of Diet Coke. :D

... unless you're jonesing for a Diet Coke in a building where all the machines are out of Diet Coke. :D

Seriously, that was the maybe worst day possible (in my world) for that to happen. Ended up curled up in the fetal position under my desk until some co-workers came to the rescue.

Don't get me wrong, the coverage of und sports since the move to D1 has been like night day...my only problem (and others too) is that one sport seems to be getting the lions share of coverage and all the others seem to be ignored for the most part. For a NCAA tournament game played about five hours away I would have thought there would been a little more coverage of the biggest game in the history of womens hockey?? In my opinion (and others too) Pres. Kelley, AD Faison, and you the UND SID/ Asso. AD should have been at that game to show the women that the Ath. Dept and the University as a whole has your back. So lets compare that game to this coming game in Michigan tomorrow....were Kelley, Faison, (we know you weren't there) at the Gophers game a couple of weeks ago and then are they planning on being at the mens game tomorrow? If the final score of attendance for the womens game is 0-3 and the attendance for the men is 2-3 or 3-3 you might have to admit that percpetion is reality?

Final Massey Ratings for the season are out.

http://masseyratings...lg=chw&sub=NCAA I

1 Minnesota

2 North Dakota

3 BU

4 Wisconsin

5 BC

The 3 OT game should've been a NC game and not a quarterfinal. :sad:

Agreed. At the least, UND should have had the matchup out east with Cornell and Mercyhurst should have been Minnesota's quarterfinel opponent.