SiouxSports.com Forum

2013-2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

There is a nice looking 6'9" forward that just finished his career at Casper College that looks like he would be a good addition. He is supposedly looking at bigger schools, but as far as I can tell hasn't committed anywhere, yet.

He would be a nice addition. I have a feeling he is going to be a high level recruit (depending on grades).

Normally I would not be high on the JUCO route but Jones may need to bring in a couple the next few years to balance out some scholorships. I just hope they can stay elgible when they get here.

Another guard ???? ????. As of right now we will have 9 guards on the roster for next year by my count ( Anderson, Webb, Antwi, Schuler, Benton, Huff, Hooker, Hobaugh, red shirt non scholly player from this year).

I agree we need some bigs but, if we can land a great shooting gaurd who is willing to redshirt, we need to grabl him! Four of the above will be seniors and, while the others may be good players, I'm not sure they have the talent level to play a great 2!

There is a nice looking 6'9" forward that just finished his career at Casper College that looks like he would be a good addition. He is supposedly looking at bigger schools, but as far as I can tell hasn't committed anywhere, yet.

Are you talking about Dibo, the kid from Paris? Apparently he progressed a lot this year. More of an outside player than a banger!

Are you talking about Dibo, the kid from Paris? Apparently he progressed a lot this year. More of an outside player than a banger!

UND missed that kind of player this year with Mitchell graduating. Someone that can stretch the floor a little bit and open up the lane by pulling the defense out.

What about Dom Bennett. He's a senior on the football team and I've heard from many people that he's much better at basketball than football. Maybe he'd like to give basketball a shot as a last hurrah? He was the state tournament MVP in the highest class of basketball on Texas. The dude can defiantly ball.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan James@RyanJamesMN 2h

North Dakota head coach Brian Jones and assistant Gameli Ahelgbe are meeting with JP Macura at Lakeville North today.

This kid is really heating up on the recruiting scene. Can shoot the lights out. I would love to have him at Hooker's side shooting the threes.....

I would be very surprised if we landed him. Surprised and thrilled!

I would be ecstatic as well. He currently has 13 offers, including us, but he hasn't gotten any of the big boys offers (just interest from Iowa State, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota). I bet by the end of the summer he does get an offer from Baby Pitino. He will end up being the biggest prize outside of the Big 3 (Tyus, Travis, Vaughn)

Ryan James@RyanJamesMN 2h

North Dakota head coach Brian Jones and assistant Gameli Ahelgbe are meeting with JP Macura at Lakeville North today.

Would guess he will eventually get an offer from Minnesota and if that happens I'm pretty sure that is where he would end up.

I forget the name, but the Wichita State player is transferring to UNO.

UNDBB75 reported this under "2012-13 Recruiting" last week.

I agree that it would have been great to land him. He did visit and I understand it went very well - but he still chose UNO.

A little blurb on 2014 offer Ngor Barnaba from Rodchester John Marshall (MN)

http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2013/04/philly-jam-fest-notebook-april-27-afternoon-session/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The insert here:

In his first time in Philadelphia, Ngor Barnaba had to have made a solid impression on the coaches who checked out the Minnesota Fury’s 17U squad. A 6-foot-9, 220-pound power forward, Barnaba is more than just a big body, showing the ability to put the ball on the floor and even hit the 18-footer. A Sudanese native who moved to the United States when he was just a year old, Barnaba said he only has an offer from North Dakota but is hearing from “STSU, NDSU, Lehigh, Northern Iowa, (and) New Mexico.” La Salle was one local school who watched the Fury’s final game of the weekend.

A little blurb on 2014 offer Ngor Barnaba from Rodchester John Marshall (MN)

http://cityofbasketb..._medium=twitter

The insert here:

In his first time in Philadelphia, Ngor Barnaba had to have made a solid impression on the coaches who checked out the Minnesota Fury’s 17U squad. A 6-foot-9, 220-pound power forward, Barnaba is more than just a big body, showing the ability to put the ball on the floor and even hit the 18-footer. A Sudanese native who moved to the United States when he was just a year old, Barnaba said he only has an offer from North Dakota but is hearing from “STSU, NDSU, Lehigh, Northern Iowa, (and) New Mexico.” La Salle was one local school who watched the Fury’s final game of the weekend.

Thanks for the post. I hope getting in on him early pays off!

Thanks for the post. I hope getting in on him early pays off!

He plays on the same Fury team as 2014 interest John Veil (PG, The Blake School), who I really like (hard nosed bulldog like PG and has a will to win).

Stats from Ngor's junior year at John Marshall, where they went to the 1AAAA finals before losing to Lakeville North (2014 offer JP Macura's team)

10.5 PPG, 47.7 FG %, 66.7 FT%, 6.4 RPG, 2.0 BPG

With another strong summer and a year being the guy at JM should help improve those numbers. His best game last year was a 18 point, 18 rebound game against conference foe Owatonna

• 2 weeks later...

Get Jared Drew on a recruiting trip to GF.

http://espn.go.com/b...-off-jared-drew

Often, the player has to sit out a season in doing so.

Drew told the Star he was planning on appealing that rule, so he can play right away for whatever team ends up taking him on. Here's hoping his appeal is granted.

Such a BS rule. Its not like he intended on transferring. I hope if he comes to UND that the NCAA will overlook the rule and he can play right away.