SiouxSports.com Forum

2013-2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

With 5 new players coming in would not UND be tapped out on Scholarships for Leach unless they use the one for Nash?

You would think, but I remember reading on the verbal commitment page last year that all the seniors had scholarships. That would be 7 to replace. With Geno, Cashman, Coleman, Shanks, and Shields that is 5. If that is the case, they would have 2 more left. 1 for Leach, if he comes, and 1 for Nash, if the NCAA is nice. If neither go through, find a transfer for the 6th and give either Shane or Dustin the other.

I think Jones did a very nice job in evening out the classes with these recruits for the most part.

You would think, but I remember reading on the verbal commitment page last year that all the seniors had scholarships. That would be 7 to replace. With Geno, Cashman, Coleman, Shanks, and Shields that is 5. If that is the case, they would have 2 more left. 1 for Leach, if he comes, and 1 for Nash, if the NCAA is nice. If neither go through, find a transfer for the 6th and give either Shane or Dustin the other.

I think Jones did a very nice job in evening out the classes with these recruits for the most part.

Agree. UND also out recruited the other Dakota schools for players. Unless you are Kentucky, its never good to have seven schollies available. He did a good job in leveling schollies for future classes.

Don't think Stefen was on scholarship last year and from what I understand was getting one this year, so that would not leave 2 left but only one and if that goes to Nash then we are at zero.

Don't think Stefen was on scholarship last year and from what I understand was getting one this year, so that would not leave 2 left but only one and if that goes to Nash then we are at zero.

Wonder if they are waiting on Nash's eligibility and Leach's offer is conditional on him (Nash) not being granted a waiver.

Teams are allowed 13 scholarships, unless someone's left, not even sure there is a scholarship left for Nash? Or someone is coming in as a walk-on of sorts and can earn a scholarship next year or even this year depending what happens with Nash. I'm not as sold as Tom Miller was on him getting a 6th year.

Sr (4) - Stefan, Salmonson, Calcaterra, Antwi

Jr (3) - Benton, Tyler, Coleman

So (1) - Hooker

Fr (4) - Crandall, Cashman, Shanks, Shields

12 Total

Possible (1) - Nash (waiting on NCAA decision, would be a senior)

Not confirmed (1) - Leach (would be a junior)

Non-scholarship (2) - Blake, Hobaugh

Antwi and Hooker both have redshirt years remaining if necessary.

Wonder if they are waiting on Nash's eligibility and Leach's offer is conditional on him (Nash) not being granted a waiver.

If so, that would likely mean that no one else has interest in him. This is June, he wouldn't likely be waiting for a decision on Nash (which may not be made anytime soon) if he had other options. Probably not a good sign!

Ah, that makes more sense. I forgot about him not being on scholly.

No offense to Leach, but I really hope that Nash can get his 6th year. That will change everything for this team.

• 3 weeks later...