Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sioux24/7

Buy or Sell

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

What if we have a rusher with 1000 yards receiving? :0

Rudolph Eureka Moment ...

and many wins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

First offensive play of the year........Santiago out wide.....with Brady and JJ in the backfield.  Ok, probably don't waste that surprise on the first game of the year....or maybe not even the second game.   But hope we see something like that a few times this year.  

A few times this year? ... how about 10 to 15 times each game?

Such a concept is not wild in this current era of spread out football; it is taboo for Rudolph and UND football, though (?).

Concept: put speed (Santiago) in space (out wide) and power in backfield (Oliviera, Johannesson).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When only one is on the field at a time they get the full attention of the defenders. 

Make the defenders spread their attention. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

A few times this year? ... how about 10 to 15 times each game?

Such a concept is not wild in this current era of spread out football; it is taboo for Rudolph and UND football, though (?).

Concept: put speed (Santiago) in space (out wide) and power in backfield (Oliviera, Johannesson).

I agree, should definitely be more than a few times during the year.  Should be multiple times each game.  I'm hoping now that Bubba is more involved with the offense he will pull Rudolph out of his shell more.   I am cautiously optimistic about it......but also not holding my breathe on it either.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

A few times this year? ... how about 10 to 15 times each game?

Such a concept is not wild in this current era of spread out football; it is taboo for Rudolph and UND football, though (?).

Concept: put speed (Santiago) in space (out wide) and power in backfield (Oliviera, Johannesson).

After Norberg went down at fullback, the talent level at that position dropped dramatically.  If we have someone like Norberg, let's use a full back set.  If we don't, move DeVore there as an H-back, JJ as an offensive threat, go without a FB, or use a FB sparingly as a battering ram (if we have one tough enough).

I am not anti fullback, I am anti average level fullback.  When Norberg smashed the Richmond LB that was an awesome and effective play, sends a message.  But without that type of player, gotta move on from traditional full back sets. (paging Rudy)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

I agree, should definitely be more than a few times during the year.  Should be multiple times each game.  I'm hoping now that Bubba is more involved with the offense he will pull Rudolph out of his shell more.   I am cautiously optimistic about it......but also not holding my breathe on it either.  

The fact that this hasn't crept into Rudolph's brain so far is just unbelievable.  The fact that Bubba hasn't forced it into his skull so far is even more unbelievable.  Hopefully this year will be different.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

What if we have a rusher with 1000 yards receiving? :0

 Then we will know Rudolph's off-season lobotomy was a success !

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

 

 I'd rather have an offense that doesn't cause me to binge drink every Saturday evening. ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

 I'd rather have an offense that doesn't cause me to binge drink every Saturday evening. ???

UND takes the field on offence and you remember who is calling the plays......

 

drink.gif

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×