SiouxSports.com Forum

Volleyball 2012... FIRST YEAR BIG SKY!

SWSiouxMN

Thursday night against Idaho State is a key match. Sioux really need a sweep for this weekend, as 4 of their final six are on the road. The last weekend of the season is especially difficult: vs NAU and then SUU, who are challenging us for the 6th and final conference tournament spot.

The past five weekends, UND has won the first game and then lost the second. Need to change that pattern with no loss to ISU on Thursday.

Just a minor correction: ISU is in Pocatello, or "Poky", and is not not named after a mushroom. Lol

Wanted to thank you SWSiouxMN for all your fan support. If you could be cloned among the students, all student sections would be fill in all venues.

Definitely a big weekend for the girls. I think they can beat ISU here tonight, they played them tough out in Porcello, and I think we can get them tonight.

Felicia, Lauren and Lexi looked bewildered out there tonight (less so on Lexi, but not her best night) No one really stood out. ISU had more energy, digs, blocks and fewer unforced errors than UND. The ISU subs were even louder than the UND crowd at times. A half step backward tonight. And I got a parking ticket. Yeah, I'm bitter. :glare: Thanks UND.

Felicia, Lauren and Lexi looked bewildered out there tonight (less so on Lexi, but not her best night) No one really stood out. ISU had more energy, digs, blocks and fewer unforced errors than UND. The ISU subs were even louder than the UND crowd at times. A half step backward tonight. And I got a parking ticket. Yeah, I'm bitter. :glare: Thanks UND.

speaking of police...i think i counted three police officers at this game? seems like the city of gf could cut back on that little? the ratio of cops+betty employees to fans was a quite small but for my first und volleyball game ever it was still fun...the crowd reminded back when und mens' bball was in their first year of transition playing mayville state?

Arrgh.... that was frustrating

First set they were trading well until it was 13-12, and the ISU just ran away with it. Hardee was once again not happy after the first set with his team

Second set was better, but we kinda got the wrong end of two calls. I didn''t see the first one, but the 4 hits ones was absolute bull because the ISU player clearly touched it before going back to our side. Should have pulled that one out

Weird start to third, an ISU player had her shoe break (never seen that one before) so they had to use 1 of their 2 TO. We got out to a 17-10 lead, then.... fell apart like a newspaper in the rain...

Time to rebound Saturday against Weber.

Just a minor correction: ISU is in Pocatello, or "Poky", and is not not named after a mushroom. Lol

Wanted to thank you SWSiouxMN for all your fan support. If you could be cloned among the students, all student sections would be fill in all venues.

D'OH! Close enough

and thanks, and im not done yet.

• Upvote 1

Myabe the Vikings game had something to do with attendance. But, since UND is consistently losing to these teams in the top half of the standings, I think excitement for volleyball might be waning. I know I'm dissapointed with the number of losses, especially at home. I'm surprised the girls can't defend their home court better. :/

This team is so young, there is no real killer instinct in it at all. Lexi shows it at times, other times she's just as passive as the others. They are often not aggressive at the net, either on sets or on blocks, and there is no belief that this team can go on a run. Noted issues with last night:

- Not aggressive at the net

- Difficulty returning serve

- Too many service errors

- Lack of a middle quick set (we tried but way too slow about it)

- Lack of energy

Good things

- Parlich looked good and was dominating on the running backset

- Spearman was a nice surprise and should develop into a good attacker

- McNallan showed good energy while in

Hopefully we see something better on Saturday and can close out this season with some energy.

This team is so young, there is no real killer instinct in it at all. Lexi shows it at times, other times she's just as passive as the others. They are often not aggressive at the net, either on sets or on blocks, and there is no belief that this team can go on a run. Noted issues with last night:

- Not aggressive at the net

- Difficulty returning serve

- Too many service errors

- Lack of a middle quick set (we tried but way too slow about it)

- Lack of energy

Good things

- Parlich looked good and was dominating on the running backset

- Spearman was a nice surprise and should develop into a good attacker

- McNallan showed good energy while in

Hopefully we see something better on Saturday and can close out this season with some energy.

I agree with everything you noted. I do think, however, ISU was picking on the young freshman Spearman, and she did respond with some rookie errors. (to be expected, mind you). You are right, though, she did show some flashes of agressiveness and the talent that brought her to UND.

Myabe the Vikings game had something to do with attendance. But, since UND is consistently losing to these teams in the top half of the standings, I think excitement for volleyball might be waning. I know I'm dissapointed with the number of losses, especially at home. I'm surprised the girls can't defend their home court better. :/

UND is 6-0 against the teams below us, but 0-7 against those above us.

NAU, PSU, and ISU are clearly the upper tier of the BSC. NAU in particular is young, so making a challenge in future years may be much more difficult than anticipated.

Best game of year in many categories. Lots of blocks, clean kills, good serving (did we have unforced?), and damn did we have a lot of digs. Huge win to show we can knock of first/second place team. UNC swept Eastern tonight, so lets do the same on Saturday and I believe we clinch playoff birth.

Best game of year in many categories. Lots of blocks, clean kills, good serving (did we have unforced?), and damn did we have a lot of digs. Huge win to show we can knock of first/second place team. UNC swept Eastern tonight, so lets do the same on Saturday and I believe we clinch playoff birth.

Agree 100% with this statement, looks like they might be getting their act together. Finish the year strong and lets make a deep run at the tourney!

Biggest win of the season! First win over an upper tier team (NAU, PSU, and ISU).

Hopefully the team can continue to play at a higher level.

Looks like the conference tournament will now be in Pocatello, as ISU now has a one game lead. Although ISU plays at PSU in the last game of the season. Portland would be better for UND: less travel hassles, less home fans, and lower elevation.