SiouxSports.com Forum

A few issues

jimdahl

I have a friend who is trying to create an account, and he has been having issues doing so because of the CAPTCHA verification. He said he has probably tried 50 times to create an account on different computers, and networks, and every time he is unable to because it says the CAPTCHA code was invalid. Any solution for this?

I have a friend who is trying to create an account, and he has been having issues doing so because of the CAPTCHA verification. He said he has probably tried 50 times to create an account on different computers, and networks, and every time he is unable to because it says the CAPTCHA code was invalid. Any solution for this?

I'm really sorry about that, I've never heard of anyone having that much trouble. We get a lot of successful registrations every week, so I generally assume things are going well.

He can just drop me an email (from the email he was trying to register) to let me know he's having troubles and I'll manually approve the account. There's a forum feedback link that most people use, but he can also just send it to admin08@siouxsports.com .

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Jim why do I have to log out, close the website, reopen it and sign back in, in order to post something about every six posts? If it acts up, when I write something and then hit post it just sits there, no blue progress line or anything, sits there forever? Then I do the above and it works again.

Jim why do I have to log out, close the website, reopen it and sign back in, in order to post something about every six posts? If it acts up, when I write something and then hit post it just sits there, no blue progress line or anything, sits there forever? Then I do the above and it works again.

Sounds like something is getting a little out of sync between your browser and the server. The way modern web sites work these days is that even when you're not reloading the page, the page is in constant communication with the server sending back info and receiving updates (e.g. new posts in the thread you're replying to). It's the fact that when you hit submit nothing happens that makes me think that.

If that's the case, then simply reloading the page should correct it.

Anyone else seeing a problem like that with that frequency?