SiouxSports.com Forum

A few issues

jimdahl

In the past week or two I've been getting a Chrome warning about malware when trying to view certain threads. Not all threads but most noticeably in the Football and Men's Hockey forums.

Google doesn't list anything under the siouxsports domain as suspicious:

Google safe browsing diagnostic page for forum.siouxsports.com

So, my best guess is that it's some content not from this site that your browser is loading after it loads the page from SiouxSports. I doubt it's an ad because those come from Google. So, I'm thinking it's some sort of user-supplied content (e.g. a signature or embedded image) that's coming from a suspicious URL. Next time it happens, send me the URL of the SiouxSports page that you're on.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you take a look at this post?

That one, and the next one that quotes it, has a table that is screwing up my browser. Just an annoyance I guess, but I have to resize each time I visit that topic. I can't be the only one, am I?

Yeah, the attempt at a table had a bunch of spaces between each of the "columns". In the regular post it was ok, the board properly compressed those down to a single space. But in the quote, it tried to preserve the formatting, resulting in a superwide post.

I removed the table from the quote.

Jim, I've noticed that the time listed on posts seems to run 3 to 4 minutes ahead of what time it actually is. I've checked it against my browser screen, my cell phone, and the radio, and all show the post time is fast. Probably not that big a deal, except maybe for the guys who wait til the last minute on Sioux Survivor, but I'm just curious why this is.

My computer screen right now reads 8:40. Look at the post time.

Jim, I've noticed that the time listed on posts seems to run 3 to 4 minutes ahead of what time it actually is. I've checked it against my browser screen, my cell phone, and the radio, and all show the post time is fast. Probably not that big a deal, except maybe for the guys who wait til the last minute on Sioux Survivor, but I'm just curious why this is.

My computer screen right now reads 8:40. Look at the post time.

I have noticed that too. I thought that it was my computer that was off, so I didn't mention it. Good to know that it isn't just me!

• 3 weeks later...

When I hit the Enter key, it will not move the cursor down a line when I type out replies. For example, I typed the following in the Former Players thread:

I tried to hit Enter after the "?" so the link appeared down a line or 2, but it won't do it for me. Is it something to do with my computer, or the site? Thanks

When I hit the Enter key, it will not move the cursor down a line when I type out replies. For example, I typed the following in the Former Players thread: I tried to hit Enter after the "?" so the link appeared down a line or 2, but it won't do it for me. Is it something to do with my computer, or the site? Thanks

I thought it was just me. Glad it's happening to you, too.

When I hit the Enter key, it will not move the cursor down a line when I type out replies. For example, I typed the following in the Former Players thread: I tried to hit Enter after the "?" so the link appeared down a line or 2, but it won't do it for me. Is it something to do with my computer, or the site? Thanks

Browser/version? (Given that there are at least two of you, and nothing has changed on our side in months, I'm guessing a recent automatic browser upgrade breaks the text editor).

Browser/version? (Given that there are at least two of you, and nothing has changed on our side in months, I'm guessing a recent automatic browser upgrade breaks the text editor).

It started to do that with me when I got my new computer with Windows 8.

Ok, the forum is now telling IE10 to render in IE9 mode. I expect that to fix the problem, but may also cause some other weirdness. Let me know how it goes.

That did appear to fix it. What I'm seeing is that it's still in Browser Mode of IE10, but Document Mode of IE9 Standards. It's strange because I tried changing the browser mode to IE9 and I was still getting the issue.

Either way, it's working now, and CKEditor has a bug to fix! Thanks Jim!

• 8 months later...

I know why threads are archived as we went over this before. But one could make a good argument for why one should not archive threads.

Grand Forks is once again discussing building a new library and will probably have another vote. I think it would have been beneficial for new members to be able to read that thread in addition to another thread...granted one could just link to it or copy the other talking points.

Oh and I was going to say thanks MafiaMan for "taking SiouxSports to the next level" in the thread I started a while back but it's also locked so I will say thanks here ;).

I know why threads are archived as we went over this before. But one could make a good argument for why one should not archive threads.

Grand Forks is once again discussing building a new library and will probably have another vote. I think it would have been beneficial for new members to be able to read that thread in addition to another thread...granted one could just link to it or copy the other talking points.

Oh and I was going to say thanks MafiaMan for "taking SiouxSports to the next level" in the thread I started a while back but it's also locked so I will say thanks here ;).

Yeah, I don't love the archiving either. Maybe I'll crank it back to 5 years or something. You can always start a new thread and link to the old one.

• Upvote 1