SiouxSports.com Forum

Measure 4 tv ad

darell1976

I know we are past the point where we are fighting to save the name and the PC zealots have had their way with us. But while looking for the ad referred to in this thread, I ran across this Williams & Ree bit on youtube:

Fighting Sioux

"...apparently some sensitive white people are that way."

No I believe they mentioned above that it was a tv commercial; most likely a 30 - 45 second spot.

Correct it shows a women's hockey player putting on equipment then it shows a UND football player putting pads on while they say why the name needs to go then it lists teams UND cannot play: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and South Dakota State. Then it shows a football player in a stadium and the phrase (can't remember how its worded exactly), " if we keep the name...we lose" then the lights turn off on the football player. Vote Yes on Measure 4 to Retire the Fighting Sioux Nickname.

should have spent a quarter Million to save the name or several million instead of trying to keep up with fargo :glare:

If I'm remembering correctly, I believe attorney fees were near $1 million by the time the settlement with the NCAA was reached to give UND 3 years to get SL and SR's permission to use the name. SR still refuses to give permission....

No, but the lies spewed in that ad campaign sure do.

People actual working in the situation who should know what is happening say truth. Anonymous poster on internet who isn't involved with the school, whose only connection to the school is an obsession with the nickname and logo says lies. Who are you going to believe?
  • Upvote 4

Here is the ad in question. I believe there may be others also.

https://www.youtube....h?v=lvOsom_RKkM

Thats the one!! I like how they list the name of schools...the one school that has to be an eye opener is SDSU. Because they are the only non Big 10 team and is on even ground with every UND sport. It shows that any FCS school could easily come out against UND including NDSU (remember they don't need us and have moved on).

No, but the lies spewed in that ad campaign sure do.

Yes Dave, we are all curious to hear these lies you speak of. Where is the video is a lie told? Don't go off on a tangent, stick to what was said in this video and point out the lies. We are all anxiously waiting your response.