SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs

jimdahl

Suprised Tippett would tolerate the play of total hack like Raffi. Seems to be a total lack of respect for the game and players as the playoffs progress...i.e. Weber, Backstrom, Torres. Disappointing to see.

Asham and Neal got what they deserved, but I can't believe the Flyers got off without any punishment whatsoever. That is a travesty in my opinion. Hartnell, just to name one, is a piece of garbage. Has a personality that would be better suited for WWF than the NHL.

I watched all but the first 5 minutes of the game. As a Flyers fan, I am biased, I am also no great hockey mind, so others can feel free to correct me. I didn't notice the Flyers doing anything bad. Schenn(I think him?) lit a dude up. Asham cross checked him in the throat. And punched him in the head while he layed on the ice. Not ok.

For the first time ever, I will not put the blame on my Flyers for a chippy game other than that it is their fault Crosby and Friends were in such a bad mood to begin with.

I watched all but the first 5 minutes of the game. As a Flyers fan, I am biased, I am also no great hockey mind, so others can feel free to correct me. I didn't notice the Flyers doing anything bad. Schenn(I think him?) lit a dude up. Asham cross checked him in the throat. And punched him in the head while he layed on the ice. Not ok.

For the first time ever, I will not put the blame on my Flyers for a chippy game other than that it is their fault Crosby and Friends were in such a bad mood to begin with.

The games have been fun to watch and I am sure the NHL is hoping they don't have the Bruins and the Flyers in the Stanley Cup Playoffs because it will probably be as big as a war as the Pens and Flyers. I have found this season's playoffs to be better than last years.

Apparently free runs are open season.

If Phoenix is taking them at Hossa, Chicago should take one at Whitney or Doan.

It doesn't really help when Shanahan doles out "discipline" but shaking a "magic 8-ball" instead of providing a consistent line of penalties. If Torres gets less than a 4 game vacation the NHL should be ashamed of itself.

It doesn't really help when Shanahan doles out "discipline" but shaking a "magic 8-ball" instead of providing a consistent line of penalties. If Torres gets less than a 4 game vacation the NHL should be ashamed of itself.

Agreed. Shaw from Chicago got 3 games for what I thought was even a marginal penalty when he bumped into Phoenix's goalie, Mike Smith, behind the net. Smith flipped and flopped on the ice and miraculously :ohmy: continued to play the rest of the game. If Torres doesn't get 3-4 games for that hit and sending Hossa off on a stretcher, I just don't know what to say.

On the other hand, it is pretty funny watching Crosby play "tough guy". Too bad Dave Schultz wasn't around to clean his clock.

Yeah. I have lost a ton of respect for Sid over the last couple of weeks. He is running his mouth and running around doing the kind of crap that usually leads to a justifiable ass kicking and is basically putting guys in a position of do I let this twerp get away with this crap or do I smoke him and risk being "the guy" who ended the face of the NHL's career. You could see Hartnell look at him like....Really?

Yup. Heard it on SportsCenter.

Torres left his feet ... again ... making a hit.

Again is the key word here. He has a history. My guess is he will be done for the rest of the playoffs and possibly a few game to start next season.

According to Twitter Torres is on vacation indefinitely pending a hearing Friday.

Seems like the media is thinking he's going to get about 3 or 4 games...maybe I'm wrong but I'm guesssing we won't see him again until after the season starts next year. If they don't make an example of this guy there is no hope of it ever happening.

I've only been watching the game of hockey since the late '70s, which is probably longer than a lot of people here have been alive. No, I have no understanding at all of a game I've been watching for 30+ years. :silly:

What a stupid question. :glare:

So it's a comprehension problem then.

• Upvote 1

Just when the comments couldn't get any more ridiculous. :silly:

So you don't think that if Hartnell would have engaged Sid and fought him that it wouldn't have ended badly for Sid? Sid would get knocked the f out which could certainly lead a to a concussion.

So you don't think that if Hartnell would have engaged Sid and fought him that it wouldn't have ended badly for Sid? Sid would get knocked the f out which could certainly lead a to a concussion.

nobody from the pens is going to let hartnell and crosby fight

I think the playoffs this year have shown that fighting is too accepted in the NHL. Everybody thinks they have to get revenge constantly and the lunatics are in control of the asylum. Let the refs do their job. They could take control if we would just let them. (oh yeah and shanny and the player safety people need to do better, too)

Not saying the world should end if two guys get in a fight, but they should get an automatic game or two like in college hockey.

And if I see another staged fight with guys slapping each other on the shoulders and pretending to fight, I will puke.

I believe that fighting has a place in the game and should not warrant automatic suspensions. That being said, however, I totally agree that the inmates are running the prison this year. This has gotten ridiculous. It starts at the player level; when you disrespect an opponent enough to intend to injure them, that is an issue. This Philly-Pitt series has escalated into Israel vs Palestine: no one cares about who started what or who ended what, only that you have to hate the opponent and fight them.

As for who the villains are- I am a fan of neither team...however, my opinion is that I like the way Philly plays, and I think Pitt looks like a bunch of crybaby whiners. It resembles a SIoux-Gopher series in that way.

Thanks,

Steve

While I have no expectations of the Penguins actually coming back to win this series, it sure is fun to see them completely demoralize the Flyers even if for only one game. While I have always been the first person in line to state that a win is a win regardless of how much or how little the margin of victory, in this particular scenario it is fun to see my team not only winning but winning by a huge margin only because of how much the Flyers did to make me detest them over the course of the first three games.

What did Philly do over the first 3 games other than make your team and their antics look foolish? Never mind, if you were a Philly fan it would ruin it for me anyway.

• Upvote 1

I think Hartnell held back and didn't wipe the ice with him and he could have.