SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs

jimdahl

I see Weber escaped suspension and was fined $2500 and put on double-secret probation for the rest of the playoffs, I would consider him and Nashville lucky.

Just a fine? I expected at least a one game suspension.

So who does Detroit send to "visit" Weber and resolve the issue.

Just a fine? I expected at least a one game suspension.

So who does Detroit send to "visit" Weber and resolve the issue.

I was wondering that too, Detroit...and this sounds funny for them...doesn't really have a true goon on their team right now, so I guess Bertuzzi would be the most likely candidate.

They might settle it quick or they might just keep lining him up for big hits until he blows up, going to add a little drama to game two.

And this is pretty good...the $2500. fine is the maximum amount under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. $2500.? For punching a guy in the back of the head and then banging it off the glass? My wife could spend that on a good shopping day. What a joke.

I was wondering that too, Detroit...and this sounds funny for them...doesn't really have a true goon on their team right now, so I guess Bertuzzi would be the most likely candidate.

They might settle it quick or they might just keep lining him up for big hits until he blows up, going to add a little drama to game two.

And this is pretty good...the $2500. fine is the maximum amount under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. $2500.? For punching a guy in the back of the head and then banging it off the glass? My wife could spend that on a good shopping day. What a joke.

Knowing Detroit, they won't get even with Weber. They'll mess up one of Nashville's smaller skill guys.

I wouldn't go across the street to see Detroit play hockey, they are boring hockey team to watch play. Half the guys on their team have name that most of us have a hard time spelling and pronouncing. Sorry to my buddy Redwing77. I don't see Weber getting run by Detroit... Also, Zetterberg hit Weber from behind earlier in the game. Of course no one has posted video of that.

To me Detroit is about the same as the Yankees and Cowboys, you're either a big fan or can't stand them.

I missed the start of the game but I see Bertuzzi and Weber went at it about a minute in, probably a good idea to get it over quick and concentrate on the series.

Looks like the Philly/Pittsburgh game is going to be a wild one again.

To me Detroit is about the same as the Yankees and Cowboys, you're either a big fan or can't stand them.

I missed the start of the game but I see Bertuzzi and Weber went at it about a minute in, probably a good idea to get it over quick and concentrate on the series.

Looks like the Philly/Pittsburgh game is going to be a wild one again.

That reminded me of the Lucic/Miller incident where nobody from Buffalo had the stones to challenge Lucic. Then when Gaustad did the next game Lucic completely manhandled him. Granted, Weber didn't manhandle Bertuzzi, but if he hadn't held on and try to take Weber down by the leg, Weber could have damaged him.

Nice effort by Oshie and St. Louis last night, going to be a good series if the brawl at the end is any indication.

I don't know what Brauns deal was, he was fortunate the ref didn't let Crombeen pound on him, but then he got caught punching a guy from behind by Polak who basically beat the sh^t out of him. Glutton for punishment I guess.

I'm just going to go ahead and say this philly pitt series has been really sad yet enterteaining. Very easy to see pittsburgh is showing their frustration at how the first couple games went. Strange to see my Flyers being the more level-headed and composed team in this Game 3.

Oh, and Crosby embarassed himself with his conduct in the first period fight(s) he started. He should lose sponsorship dollars from that.

• Upvote 2

The Penguins are a F'n disgrace. They are the Vancouver of the states.

No kidding, they have totally melted down in this series, no kind of discipline in any part of their game. I really thought they were the team to beat in the East.

Doesn't break my heart they are on the verge of playing golf though.

Philadelphia has totally demolished Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is totally done. It is indeed strange that Philly is the level-headed and composed team.

I can't ever recall a team as talented as Pittsburgh crash and burn this fast and hard.

They showed Crosby's face about 10 times in the last 5-10 minutes. You could see the total shock and awe. Love it. I wouldn't mind seeing the Flyers take it in 4. Win Game 4 by.... 4-0. And then see the look on Crosby's face. I have lost a ton of respect for him in the past couple of years. It is at the point where I smile everytime I see him lose. He could lose to his Grandpa at checkers and I'd be pumped up.

It was refreshing to watch the Devils/Panthers game where both teams played defense and had good goaltending and it was a clean game unlike the Flyers/Pens game. I'm all for a good physical game with a fight or 2 but that game got way out of hand and I really don't see it getting much better for game 4.

It was refreshing to watch the Devils/Panthers game where both teams played defense and had good goaltending and it was a clean game ...

Seriously? There's been one of those?

Every time I've turned on a game I'm seeing scraps and scrums. PIT/PHI is a joke. OTT went headhunting in Game 2 v. NYR. Just because Brown of LAK lays a clean, demolishing check on H. Sedin of VAN, VAN thinks they need to scrap it up. It was a good hit. Man up and keep your head up next time.

It's clear that some teams know they have no chance other than to muck it up.

Sorry, but the playoffs so far have been a disgrace.

Seriously? There's been one of those?

Sorry, but the playoffs so far have been a disgrace.

You're watching the wrong games. :) In the East, as already mentioned, both NJD-FLA games have been pretty good (though the first was a lot scrappier than the 2nd). Similarly, both WAS-BOS have. Both went to OT, the 2nd had 10 PIM combined in over 80 minutes of hockey, pretty intense offensive efforts with 44 and 39 SOG (though not a lot of scoring against two stifling defenses and hot goalies), and great all around play from the stars (e.g. hard hitting, hustle, and backchecking).