SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney

nodakvindy

There's 8 teams in the tournament. 8. You leave 16 pages empty(8 for the teams, 8 for advertisements), and fill in the rest with your articles. They knew for 3 months at least 2 of the 8 teams. It doesn't take that long to fill in the rest with the other 6 teams and go to print.

It still is a rush job for the print industry. That's why things can slip through. Especially when there is a special situation like this year when UND is on sanctions.

Probably losing to the eventual national champs really isn't a crappy way to end a season if you ask me. The Sioux barely made the tournament and were playing the best team in the country at their place.

This was expected.

Wisconsin has been the best team all season and is going for back-to-back titles this year.

While UMN was the #2 overall seed (UW was #1), it still would have been nice to see the ladies compete a bit more the last two games against UMN. Especially being that in both games, the SOG were very similar...seems that UND lost their goaltending when the playoffs hit. And UND was the only team to beat UMN this season on their home ice.

Hopefully the Sioux can get it done next season, the last for the twins.

Probably losing to the eventual national champs really isn't a crappy way to end a season if you ask me. The Sioux barely made the tournament and were playing the best team in the country at their place.

This was expected.

I haven't followed that closely so maybe someone can help me out here - how can a program with argue-ably the best two players in the country and the WCHA rookie of the year get pounded like this. Don't we have anyone else - haven't we recruited anyone else? Just wondering? I hate to see our season end like this.

I haven't followed that closely so maybe someone can help me out here - how can a program with argue-ably the best two players in the country and the WCHA rookie of the year get pounded like this. Don't we have anyone else - haven't we recruited anyone else? Just wondering? I hate to see our season end like this.

They've got some talent, but Idaski said that the depth is not quite there, but thinks next year could be a turning point because of all the players they redshirted this year. From my perspective, they lack a game changer on defense, which is why Monique had to be moved back there. Hopefully Jordan Slavin comes back healthy next year and Sam Lashomb is a game changer like she appears she could be. I am hoping that they will be able to put Monique back at forward and use her on the point just on the powerplay. They did have two of the top rookie scorers in the league with ROY Karvinen and Jakobsen, so hopefully they will take another step forward next year as well.

Two of UND's best defensemen were out most of the season, thus why Monique was moved back to 'd.'

There were talented players on this team, but they still had some growing pains to get to a higher level. This last game didn't look as horrible as a 5-1 game. Minnesota's d-corp shut UND offense down and when they didn't, Raty saved them. If you saw UND's team at all prior to this past two weekends, their cross-ice passing was fantastic most of the season, but Minnesota shut that down and clogged everything up.

The program has really made leaps forward. They will be a team to be reckoned with, I believe.

I was at the game. A few things that really stood out with UND. They got beat to the puck and were out muscled by Minnesota. Minnesota had bigger, stronger players, not to mention one of the best goalies in women's hockey. Minnesota also had a more complete team with more depth throughout their lines and especially their defensive corps.

UND needs to find some women studs on the blue line. It doesn't matter that they have the Lamoureux girl's they can't do it all. Those two girls need help. If no help at that department next year, those girls won't reach their goal of winning at National Title at UND.

UND's goalies weren't entirely the culprit of the game. First goal with Ney in net was unacceptable, but it was also a deflection off a skate. Still she looked really shaky, that's why Idalski pulled her and put the foreign goalie in.

Enough with the criticism, the Women's program has come along way and Idalski has received some nice recruits over the last few years. Goaltending should be good next year, and more depth throughout the lines, the one question mark is again defense, in which I just don't understand. The formula for a winning a NC in women's hockey = a good goalie, a few studs on offenses and 1-2 studs on D, that's all you need. You really don't need a complete team. As women's hockey is comparable to boys high school hockey, most good high school hockey teams can get away with 2 solid lines and a mediocre 3rd line that plays regular shifts but get's less ice time and in addition the team rotates their 4 best studs on the blue line, even though 6 D dress.

Okay, post over.

MN had more fast strong skaters than we did. Most surreal moment of the game was when the PA played Native American war drums late in the 1st period. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Really? That happened? I've never been to a Gopher womens game but it seems bizarre that they would play that over the PA system. Weird.