SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Athletics Complex

GeauxSioux

i guess there are three options for football down the road....the first being staying at the alerus, the second returning to memorial, or the third the retractable roof fennell stadium?

i don't like the alerus and i'm not sure if the fennell rumor has any truth to it so i'm all for going back to memorial...

as for the abestos abatement at hyslop...is is true that if your gonna tear down something with a lot of abestos in it you have to take it out anyways or do you just have to keep it watered down with firetrucks during demo?

in the meanwhile i'm all for putting down the court right where it used to be at hyslop and calling it good....the betty has no atmosphere whatsoever (the great west didn't help any tho)

The new Englestad had horrible atmosphere at first too.

And what rumor are you talking about?

i disagree about the new engelstad having a bad atmosphere at first...i think people were just in awe of the bulding for the first ten years!!!!

i like the betty...i just think in the long run it isn't what the bball teams need and i think hardee could be a real player in womens volleyball if that whole facility was his and his only....

i've read on here that dave fennell is worth over a billion dollars and the powers that be at und are trying to get him to be the ralph of the football program? between him and chipman you have a couple of guys that could write some checks payable to "und football"

One problem with moving Bball back into the hyslop and football back into Memorial is those are University (state) owned buildings. If I recall correctly, that means no booze. :angry:

Wait... I wasn't supposed to be drinking schnapps at football games at Memorial? ;)

i disagree about the new engelstad having a bad atmosphere at first...i think people were just in awe of the bulding for the first ten years!!!!

i like the betty...i just think in the long run it isn't what the bball teams need and i think hardee could be a real player in womens volleyball if that whole facility was his and his only....

i've read on here that dave fennell is worth over a billion dollars and the powers that be at und are trying to get him to be the ralph of the football program? between him and chipman you have a couple of guys that could write some checks payable to "und football"

While that would be great for UND if the guy decided to donate a lot of money to them, is he even a donor to UND athletics in the first place?

I also don't see any reason for UND to be working on an alum to make donations. The Alerus is an above average (albeit no FargoDome) place to play football. I don't know why you would feel the need to be planning for a new venue barely 10 years after getting the Alerus.

While that would be great for UND if the guy decided to donate a lot of money to them, is he even a donor to UND athletics in the first place?

I also don't see any reason for UND to be working on an alum to make donations. The Alerus is an above average (albeit no FargoDome) place to play football. I don't know why you would feel the need to be planning for a new venue barely 10 years after getting the Alerus.

The bolded portion is pretty funny. That is what universities do, including your own. If the opportunity is there to plan ahead why wouldn't you do it. And yes, he is a current donor who has shown interest in donating a large sum for a specifc purpose.

One problem with moving Bball back into the hyslop and football back into Memorial is those are University (state) owned buildings. If I recall correctly, that means no booze. :angry:

Then you better load up during the hockey games....UND takes over the REA in 2030. Imagine that hockey with no booze...just like in the old Ralph.

• 1 month later...

There is a nice video interview of Coach Mussman on the UNDAthletics site of Youtube. Of particular interest to a lot of us is a comment made at about the 9:45 mark. He says that there is a major anonymous gift forthcoming for the indoor practice facility.

Actually he said it was an indoor facility without specifying what it's use is for. More than likely it's an IPF and not a new indoor stadium, either way I think an announcement will be coming very soon about that and possibly several non-athletic donations.