SiouxSports.com Forum

2011-2012 North Dakota High School Hockey

Stackin Da Pads

Is there a link to a schedule that is out.

http://ndhighschoolh...om/Default.aspx

Doesn't have the schedule up yet.

Looks like Wahp-Breck got tired of losing and is moving to Minnesota Section 6A as Breck-Wahp.

When does the new high school in West Fargo open? Would the new West Fargo school co-op hockey with West Fargo?

Saw a report that even Minot is considering going to two high schools (rather than the current two campuses), as the aftermath of the flood is creating building issues that may necessitate a split.

Looks like all four options Minot is looking at would involve a High School split:

http://www.minotdailynews.com/page/content.detail/id/559517/Flooded-with-options--Minot-school-district-faces-big-decisions-on-shaping-its-future.html?nav=5010

When does the new high school in West Fargo open? Would the new West Fargo school co-op hockey with West Fargo?

I think you mean Fargo Davies, and it's open now. A second HS in WF is still a couple years out.

Given that most of Fargo South's hockey team lives in what is now Davies territory (south of 32nd Ave, the "high rent district" in Fargo) I think South doesn't have many players. I thought I heard they were looking at a co-op with (defunct) Fargo Shanley.

PS - I love that Fargo can't find an NDSU graduate to name a HS after so they name them after UND graduates. ;):D

I think you mean Fargo Davies, and it's open now. A second HS in WF is still a couple years out.

Given that most of Fargo South's hockey team lives in what is now Davies territory (south of 32nd Ave, the "high rent district" in Fargo) I think South doesn't have many players. I thought I heard they were looking at a co-op with (defunct) Fargo Shanley.

PS - I love that Fargo can't find an NDSU graduate to name a HS after so they name them after UND graduates. ;):D

Fargo South is linked with Shanley. A lot of FS parents are mad when they built that new HS just for this kind of thing. FS will not be a big force in sports anymore like they were in the past.

I think regardless of a split Minot will still only be able to house one high school hockey team. The numbers aren't there, or the facilities for that matter to have two different teams. I mean right now you have three sheets of ice, with a junior team, a college team, a boys and girls high school team, and a youth program. I can't see Minot adding another varsity program in hockey at least.

I think regardless of a split Minot will still only be able to house one high school hockey team. The numbers aren't there, or the facilities for that matter to have two different teams. I mean right now you have three sheets of ice, with a junior team, a college team, a boys and girls high school team, and a youth program. I can't see Minot adding another varsity program in hockey at least.

Minot's youth program is growing and will continue to grow. Also, there are plans in the works to add a 3rd sheet of ice (with decent seating for the junior team, etc.) to the MAYSA complex.

Without the new high school most kids at South would have never had a chance to play varsity, so I don't see why anybody should be mad about it. Who cares if they win every game as long as more kids are given opportunities to play?

Because they are used to FS being top of the sports world in Fargo...now that has shifted, thats what they fear when West Fargo builds their 2nd high school.

It's high school sports. It isn't about winning, it's about giving kids opportunities to play. Winning is great, but at what cost? If only 25% of the kids who try out make the team the enrollment is obviously way too high.

Which I don't see the logic in West Fargo. They would rather overcrowd the school and jepordize education than cut up their sports teams among 2 schools. Very sad!! I know people that have kids at WF and they say it is just horrible for the overcrowding. On a side note, I was mad when they built Davies because all they needed to do was redraw the line. Fargo North is losing kids so some kids at South could've easily went to North but instead they built another school out in the middle of a field. Makes sense....NOT!

The problem with changing the boundary between North and South is that you'd have to go all the way down to about 13th Ave. to even it up, and South High is located on 15th Ave. Kids who live on 12th Ave. would be three blocks away from South but would have to go all the way to North for school. Wouldn't make much sense geographically. The only way that logic would have worked out is if South was located in the 32nd to 40th Ave. range, in which case I would have been all for it.

What is the boundry line currently?? I thought it was Main?

It's high school sports. It isn't about winning, it's about giving kids opportunities to play. Winning is great, but at what cost? If only 25% of the kids who try out make the team the enrollment is obviously way too high.

Enrollment isn't the measure, it's the number of kids trying out. There's almost 70 peewees in Moorhead. How many do you think will be on the roster at 11th grade? They aren't about to split Moorhead into 2 schools. The stat they showed us was that 80-90% of all the the youth hockey players in Minnesota will never make their high school hockey team.

I heard Reggie Morelli's got a grandson that will be playing varsity for Minot High this year. I've heard he is a good little player.

Mason is his name. Probably one of the best if not the best player in the state in his age group (though I have been kinda out of the loop lately). He played varsity last year already if I'm not mistaken. My guess is he'll be playing for the Sioux someday.

Mason is his name. Probably one of the best if not the best player in the state in his age group (though I have been kinda out of the loop lately). He played varsity last year already if I'm not mistaken. My guess is he'll be playing for the Sioux someday.

He was a bantam last year. I coached with his dad Matt for 2 years on a summer team awhile back. Mason has turned into a nice player with some great hands. He has a ways to go before he can follow in his dad and grandpas footsteps into going to UND,.

He was a bantam last year. I coached with his dad Matt for 2 years on a summer team awhile back. Mason has turned into a nice player with some great hands. He has a ways to go before he can follow in his dad and grandpas footsteps into going to UND,.

Yeah, you are correct, he played bantams last year. Not sure why I thought he played varsity...

You're right, it is Main.

And that's Fargo's big mistake:

Rather than giving the schools names they called them North and South and forever made Main the magical, mysterious line that shall never be violated. :silly:

At least Fargo figured it out when they named their new HS after a UND alumnus. ;)

• 3 weeks later...