Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
The Sicatoka

Conference Realignments - Take 2

Recommended Posts

On 11/11/2019 at 7:07 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

maybe the nchc will trade miami and western michigan to the wcha for bemidji and mankato.

... and cash?
... and a player to be named later? 
... and a conditional draft pick in a future draft?

:D 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2019 at 3:19 PM, UNDBIZ said:

 

"The schools in the conference do not play football, so the Texans will play an independent schedule for a few years until the league brings football back, Tarleton Association Director of Athletic Communications Ryan Cox said."

An FCS WAC? Where have we seen that before? 

Oh yeah...

On 10/5/2019 at 7:02 PM, southpaw said:

I also was the first to mention the WAC looking at being an FCS conference, which seems much more likely at this point than any predictions you've made. 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, southpaw said:

Flush that prediction down the toilet as well as NDSU to the AAC.  Bozoville is all over the AAC FBS rumor started by Lakes.  The AAC is too high a conference to invite an FCS school, their stadium for fall and b-ball are too small, and NDSU’s academics are too low.  

The WAC would have to add an FCS team for five years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Flush that prediction down the toilet as well as NDSU to the AAC.  Bozoville is all over the AAC FBS rumor started by Lakes.  The AAC is too high a conference to invite an FCS school, their stadium for fall and b-ball are too small, and NDSU’s academics are too low.  

The WAC would have to add an FCS team for five years.

I'm going to trust a rep from the athletic department joining the WAC over what you say on this one. 

The autobid in FCS isn't as big of a thing as you make it out to be. Once they get enough members, they'll have a conference for scheduling purposes until they get that autobid.

It's not incredibly hard to have at least one team from your scholarship football conference make the playoffs without the autobid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NCHC will take a hit when UND goes B1G.

New conf - Bemidj, UMD, St Cloud, Minnesota State, St Thomas, Omaha.

New conf - Alaska, Alaska, ASU, AF, CC, DU

The four Dakota schools need to be FBS.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless North Dakota gets BTN money, which they will not, they will not join the B1G. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, southpaw said:

I'm going to trust a rep from the athletic department joining the WAC over what you say on this one. 

The autobid in FCS isn't as big of a thing as you make it out to be. Once they get enough members, they'll have a conference for scheduling purposes until they get that autobid.

It's not incredibly hard to have at least one team from your scholarship football conference make the playoffs without the autobid.

Going to trust what NMSU's and Tarleton St's pocketbooks say.  By the WAC pursuing an FCS conference long term, it forces NMSU out or severely degrades NMSU's money making opportunity.  I believe the WAC wants an FCS conference for two years, and then go FBS again.  Tarleton doesn't have the money for FBS but the Southland will need fill ins because many of its schools will join the WAC.  Much of the DII schools from the Lone Star will backfill for the Southland, like with Tarleton's and the WAC's media fake out.  Tarleton is going DI but with the Southland.  It didn't even mention the huge travel costs for the WAC and independent football team in its DI report.  Southland travel costs almost equal Lone Star costs, which is what that report stated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Unless North Dakota gets BTN money, which they will not, they will not join the B1G. 

Notre Dame didn't get BTN money, so why would UND?  ND gets the right to home BIG games to be broadcast on NBC Sports without sharing a dime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Notre Dame didn't get BTN money, so why would UND?  ND gets the right to home BIG games to be broadcast on NBC Sports without sharing a dime.

Because Notre Dame has NBC money they don’t share, that’s why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 4:51 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Flush that prediction down the toilet as well as NDSU to the AAC.  Bozoville is all over the AAC FBS rumor started by Lakes.  The AAC is too high a conference to invite an FCS school, their stadium for fall and b-ball are too small, and NDSU’s academics are too low.  

The WAC would have to add an FCS team for five years.

Dude nobody is really serious on that thread except for your brethren lakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 12:47 PM, bison73 said:

Dude nobody is really serious on that thread except for your brethren lakes.

You are too ludicrous, just like Lakes.  Would love your leadership as an SU AD.  Their programs would soon be flushed,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

https://judolphins.com/news/2019/12/3/jacksonville-university-discontinues-football.aspx

Jacksonville drops non-scholarship FCS.

Wouldn't be surprised if UNF starts fb soon (next decade).

The Dolphins can apply the fb money to lax, baseball and basketball, as they used to be a Final Four team.

Lol, they made the final four one time in 1970.  I guess Loyola-Chicago is a powerhouse in Bball then with a National Championship and another Final Four appearance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Lol, they made the final four one time in 1970.  I guess Loyola-Chicago is a powerhouse in Bball then with a National Championship and another Final Four appearance?

LMAO right??  How funny.  It's one thing to make a comment like that about some fallen power or something, but this aint that situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Lol, they made the final four one time in 1970.  I guess Loyola-Chicago is a powerhouse in Bball then with a National Championship and another Final Four appearance?

1970 was the only year they have ever even won a game in the tournament out of their 5 appearances, none being in the last 30+ years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

1970 was the only year they have ever even won a game in the tournament out of their 5 appearances, none being in the last 30+ years.

That's even more of a situation that needs rectifying.  The Pioneer League has no publicity upside, while the dance has tremendous upside, even with an appearance.  But as usual you show no understanding.

The only upside is 100 more male students.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

But as usual you show no understanding.

Classic Siouxvolley post sequence here:

Makes an asinine post, claiming something that can easily be disputed.

When it is disputed, claim the other person doesn't know anything about some random other topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Classic Siouxvolley post sequence here:

Makes an asinine post, claiming something that can easily be disputed.

When it is disputed, claim the other person doesn't know anything about some random other topic.

So U of San Diego has had a major increase in growth because of their handling of the Pioneer:  not.  USD has alumni that want fb and give major $'s in spite of being a continent away from their opponents.

Southpaw and jdub27 have shown repeatedly no financial sense at all.  Classic stupidity on their part again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

So U of San Diego has had a major increase in growth because of their handling of the Pioneer:  not.  USD has alumni that want fb and give major $'s in spite of being a continent away from their opponents.

Southpaw and jdub27 have shown repeatedly no financial sense at all.

So the moon isn't actually made of cheese, despite what many notable books say. Those books have made a lot of money. 

SiouxVolley has shown no regard for how this news will affect the cheese stock market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, southpaw said:

So the moon isn't actually made of cheese, despite what many notable books say. Those books have made a lot of money. 

SiouxVolley has shown no regard for how this news will affect the cheese stock market.

As always, you don't consider money, but cheese, as its important to you.

Apparently, the only way to communicate with you is to reference children’s fantasy books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Southpaw and jdub27 have shown repeatedly no financial sense at all.  Classic stupidity on their part again.

You stated Jacksonsville used to be a Final Four team. I provided some context to your comment which (surprise) came off very misleading. In 1970, they made the Final Four and it was the only year they have ever won a game in the NCAA tournament. They have never been anything near a perennial basketball power and haven't made the tournament in over 30 years. You mentioned a single flash in the pan moment from 50 years ago to make it sound like they are looking to return to the glory days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

You stated Jacksonsville used to be a Final Four team. I provided some context to your comment which (surprise) came off very misleading. In 1970, they made the Final Four and it was the only year they have ever won a game in the NCAA tournament. They have never been anything near a perennial basketball power and haven't made the tournament in over 30 years. You mentioned a single flash in the pan moment from 50 years ago to make it sound like they are looking to return to the glory days.

Your supposition indicates Jacksonville wants to be an also-ran forever.  Where’s your proof?   Who would be that stupid but you?  But their press release states they dropped football and the money saved will be redirected to other DI athletic programs.  Too dumb for you to even get educated.

Jacksonville has made very boneheaded decisions, like leaving the Sun Belt for the ASUN because it had Florida schools like UCF and USF.  Then the Sun Belt invited FAU and FIU and USF and UCF left the ASUn for bigger and more moneyed conferences.  Your decision making ability are par for a school that chose to be in a lesser conference.  Finally they are getting serious about rectifying their other programs.  The Sun Belt would not have kicked them out even without FBS football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...