SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Sicatoka

Conference Realignments - Take 2

1 minute ago, SWSiouxMN said:

raw

Lots of 5-7 teams needing a place to celebrate the success of their season. 

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:34 PM, FargoBison said:

I wouldn't mind bringing in Mankato, at least they would bring a MN school into the fold. 

Augie is nothing but a parasite. 

Mankato's FB stadium is about 50 years old, so it would be an excuse to....

Actually, the Iron Lady said it best about adding any NSIC school to the Summit: No... No... No

ChubbyPiercingIslandcanary-max-1mb.gif

On 4/26/2018 at 11:25 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Chaves isn’t going to reveal Kennedy’s total vision to you.  Are you kidding.

I was wrong on the Summit because I didn't think two FBS leagues would be birthed out of the WAC remnants.  I’ve admitted that I was wrong but you keep harping on it.

IPFW, ORU and W Illinois are not schools for UND to associate with.  That was my point that never sinks into your skull.  People in athletic departments are clueless what will happen about this on order from the Presidents, but you take words from people like Southpaw’s position as some sort of gospel.

A WAC will be realigned soon and the Summit moves will follow.  By July 1st.

That july 1st deadline is coming up

26 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

And UTRGV has not revealed their football study results either, in spite of Mack Brown saying that the result will be  FBS.

IPFW is rebranding it’s name to PU-FW by July 1st and it’s Mastondon logo to blue with Purdue’s black and gold.  Their rebranding will be complete when they get into the Horizon League, as they are moving into a new downtown Fort Wayne arena.  The Fort Wayne President will accept an offer from the Horizon in one second and the Summit will be endangered again if it doesn’t get a school with baseball right away.

http://www.wane.com/sports/purdue-fort-wayne-sticks-with-mastodons-in-athletics-branding/1247217621

On 6/19/2018 at 1:07 PM, SiouxVolley said:

IPFW is rebranding it’s name to PU-FW by July 1st and it’s Mastondon logo to blue with Purdue’s black and gold.  Their rebranding will be complete when they get into the Horizon League, as they are moving into a new downtown Fort Wayne arena.  The Fort Wayne President will accept an offer from the Horizon in one second and the Summit will be endangered again if it doesn’t get a school with baseball right away.

http://www.wane.com/sports/purdue-fort-wayne-sticks-with-mastodons-in-athletics-branding/1247217621

No big deal, inevitable and good.  Climb down from the ledge.

Just  read  the Big Ten Network  will distribute 51 million ...PER school this year.....no way will they share that with  any school who would become an affiliate member in any sport..

1 hour ago, John W. said:

Just  read  the Big Ten Network  will distribute 51 million ...PER school this year.....no way will they share that with  any school who would become an affiliate member in any sport..

nor should they...und would negotiate their own tv deal but instead of airing games against scsu, denver, duluth, and miami they would be selling games against notre dame, minny, wisconsin, and michigan....

narrow view.....Big Ten Network's cash is generated from all sports...not just one (hockey)….One would hope UND would do likewise...if negotiating a deal….BIG not likely to add a school like UND as an affiliate...in hockey....more likely to add a school with same stature...academics, research, etc.....not just because of a single sport....therefore...ASU has a better chance than UND.....but more likely Illinois......

26 minutes ago, John W. said:

narrow view.....Big Ten Network's cash is generated from all sports...not just one (hockey)….One would hope UND would do likewise...if negotiating a deal….BIG not likely to add a school like UND as an affiliate...in hockey....more likely to add a school with same stature...academics, research, etc.....not just because of a single sport....therefore...ASU has a better chance than UND.....but more likely Illinois......

That's one heckuva run on sentence.  And this coming from someone who often uses ellipsis.  If Illinois starts hockey, they will be in the B1G.  Otherwise I agree that ASU has a better chance than UND.  I would like for UND to be in the B1G Hockey Conference (and I'm probably in the minority of UND fans), but the chances are pretty slim we ever end up there.

On 6/12/2018 at 11:03 PM, JohnboyND7 said:

Getting reeeeaaaalllllyyy close now 

On 6/24/2018 at 12:52 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

nor should they...und would negotiate their own tv deal but instead of airing games against scsu, denver, duluth, and miami they would be selling games against notre dame, minny, wisconsin, and michigan....

Nor should we ever join that conference.

12 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Because we'll always be considered the "red-headed stepchild" that everyone wants to get rid of.

This is very true.  We would also get shafted with our hockey games and everything would be on Big10 to go or whatever backwater channel they air their hockey games on.  The midco deal is worth way more in exposure to casual ND fans than a Big Ten tv schedule would have get us in dollars.   IMO, part of the reason for the huge drop off in gopher support is the inconsistency in the tv schedule.  It used to be on FSN every night, including most away games, now they play on like 6 different channels throughout the year, if they are on TV at all.  It's too difficult for the casual fan to follow, and I think we would see interest in UND hockey drop, because locals would not be exposed to it as easily.  

With the addition of Notre Dame, and the serious potential for a Big Ten school to add the sport, I don't see how there could possibly still be an offer on the table for UND, if there ever was one, or the potential for one.  They need to keep that last spot open for a Big Ten school.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

This is very true.  We would also get shafted with our hockey games and everything would be on Big10 to go or whatever backwater channel they air their hockey games on.  The midco deal is worth way more in exposure to casual ND fans than a Big Ten tv schedule would have get us in dollars.   IMO, part of the reason for the huge drop off in gopher support is the inconsistency in the tv schedule.  It used to be on FSN every night, including most away games, now they play on like 6 different channels throughout the year, if they are on TV at all.  It's too difficult for the casual fan to follow, and I think we would see interest in UND hockey drop, because locals would not be exposed to it as easily.  

With the addition of Notre Dame, and the serious potential for a Big Ten school to add the sport, I don't see how there could possibly still be an offer on the table for UND, if there ever was one, or the potential for one.  They need to keep that last spot open for a Big Ten school.  

If there was hope, our financial weaknesses and cutting sports put the nail in the coffin. There is more talk now by non-hockey schools in the B1G about showing interest in Div I hockey.

On 7/13/2018 at 6:12 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

That's a band name if ever I heard one. Like if you crossed the Velvet Underground with the Dead Milkmen.

Imagine if the Hollywood Roses merged with the LA Guns. ... Oh. ... Wait ... ;)  

• Upvote 1

On 6/12/2018 at 9:15 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

raw

Now that is funny. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1