SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

4 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Any change gets shot down immediately there.  Especially talk of new FBS conferences -as most G5 fans see that as a threat.  They never see change coming, just like Southpaw and Jdub here.  Everything always will stay the same is the constant refrain and it's always wrong too but they never get called on it.

That's just hilarious coming from you.  We don't throw crazy ideas out there as if they are fact.  We didn't predict the Big Sky to WAC transition with dates and all, only to be proven immensely wrong.  We both have sources that are much stronger than anything you've ever had and we trust those sources when it comes to conference alignment.  That's true for both hockey and all-sport conferences.  It's why we aren't "always wrong too" and why people don't call us out on anything.  

5 hours ago, southpaw said:

That's just hilarious coming from you.  We don't throw crazy ideas out there as if they are fact.  We didn't predict the Big Sky to WAC transition with dates and all, only to be proven immensely wrong.  We both have sources that are much stronger than anything you've ever had and we trust those sources when it comes to conference alignment.  That's true for both hockey and all-sport conferences.  It's why we aren't "always wrong too" and why people don't call us out on anything.  

Well if you haven't noticed through all you rantings about why UND can't go FBS, I have consistly said a group of BIG Sky schools will go FBS.  That hasnt changed, so I've been consistent that way.  You and jdub have consistently said FBS is impossible and no way should UND aspire to get the exposure of Coastal Carolina, Bowling Green, Akron, La-Monroe as they are way above us in prestige and resources.  NOT.  

The WAC will still go FBS, this time with NMSU, UCDavis, Cal Poly, Sac St, Sam Houston St, UTRGV, Lamar and SF Austin.

The Summit would go FBS with the Dakota's, Montana's, Idaho and EWU.  I know I am not popular with your ilk who join forces with bison trolls, but I'm entirely OK with that.

Never thought that two western league would go FBS, but that's what my radar says now.

13 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

You and jdub have consistently said FBS is impossible and no way should UND aspire to get the exposure of... 

Until you provide a quote anywhere from me that says that I think FBS is impossible, I'll continue to regard your posts as the ramblings of a crazy, old man who continues to prove how out of touch he is. 

20 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Any change gets shot down immediately there.  Especially talk of new FBS conferences -as most G5 fans see that as a threat.  They never see change coming, just like Southpaw and Jdub here.  Everything always will stay the same is the constant refrain and it's always wrong too but they never get called on it.

That's actually pretty funny since you were the one saying that there was absolutely zero possible way UND would be joining the Summit/MVFC while others (myself included) were telling you conversations had been going on for quite a while and it was going to happen sooner than later. Yet you still refused to believe it because you were convinced the other Dakota schools were joining the Big Sky to then move on to the WAC. 

14 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Never thought that two western league would go FBS, but that's what my radar says now.

Considering how accurate it has been lately, you might want to get it re-calibrated. It would take a shake-up at the P5/G5 level for something to be considered and a move at that point would be completely different than what you have been predicting for years now. There isn't enough benefit for the costs as it sits at this point.

15 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Well if you haven't noticed through all you rantings about why UND can't go FBS, I have consistly said a group of BIG Sky schools will go FBS.  That hasnt changed, so I've been consistent that way.  You and jdub have consistently said FBS is impossible and no way should UND aspire to get the exposure of Coastal Carolina, Bowling Green, Akron, La-Monroe as they are way above us in prestige and resources.  NOT.  

People haven't argued with the "why" UND can't go FBS, people have poked holes in your theories because they don't make sense, are presented as fact but based on pure speculation and the benefits aren't there. I've never once said it is impossible, though I've said it's illogical as things sit today. And exactly what exposure are those schools getting? I mean Coastal Carolina is absolutely killing it at the bottom of the Sunbelt with a whopping 2 wins on the year. 

15 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

The Summit would go FBS with the Dakota's, Montana's, Idaho and EWU.  I know I am not popular with your ilk who join forces with bison trolls, but I'm entirely OK with that.

When? Because as nice as it would be, those schools have no desire or benefit from looking that far east as things sit now. 

It's hilarious how my previous statements are so attacked here when I was only wrong because I didn't want NDSU to benefit.  Turns out we will pave the way for them to go FBS too.

FBS gives much more advertising benefit than FCS because only FBS is taken seriously by the national media.  UND would be grouped with much higher level academic institutions, elevating the academic prestige.  Both of those are worth millions.  If the new Summit can get in the CFP next go round, that's at least $1 mill extra per team plus the games against P5s will be much more valuable paying more than twice our current payouts.  FCS doesn't have an financial upside, while FBS does.

13 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

It's hilarious how my previous statements are so attacked here when I was only wrong because I didn't want NDSU to benefit.  Turns out we will pave the way for them to go FBS too.

FBS gives much more advertising benefit than FCS because only FBS is taken seriously by the national media.  UND would be grouped with much higher level academic institutions, elevating the academic prestige.  Both of those are worth millions.  If the new Summit can get in the CFP next go round, that's at least $1 mill extra per team plus the games against P5s will be much more valuable paying more than twice our current payouts.  FCS doesn't have an financial upside, while FBS does.

Thanks for the response.  I think the bolded is a HUGE if.   I don't see the G5 getting any more than one golden ticket to Wonka's factory in the foreseeable future.  Time will tell.  

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Here is the problem with your theory. It is widely known and discussed nationally that the next round of CFP will not be kind to G5 leagues. It is the reason the ACC are trying to position themselves as P6 in the hopes that when the CFP happens they are looked at more favorably then the MWC, and not included with the SBC, CUSA and MAC. The big TV money is drying up and what is left will be kept by the P5 (or P6). G5 will need to survive the old fashioned way. The financial upside is disappearing. Something your theories do not take into account.

25 minutes ago, jacksfan29 said:

Here is the problem with your theory. It is widely known and discussed nationally that the next round of CFP will not be kind to G5 leagues. It is the reason the ACC are trying to position themselves as P6 in the hopes that when the CFP happens they are looked at more favorably then the MWC, and not included with the SBC, CUSA and MAC. The big TV money is drying up and what is left will be kept by the P5 (or P6). G5 will need to survive the old fashioned way. The financial upside is disappearing. Something your theories do not take into account.

Every indication so far is that the CFP pot will get bigger, including more slots.  Try again.  

11 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Every indication so far is that the CFP pot will get bigger, including more slots.  Try again.  

Since your radar shows there will be 2 new western FBS conferences, which would be at least 16 teams and possibly 20, do you actually think the P5 will actually feel bad for the G5 teams and give them more money and/or a bigger pieces of crumbs? Or will they give them the same percentage that now gets to be spread out between around 33% more schools?

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Youre previous statement were and are attacked because you have been wrong.  Period.  What happened to you going to the WAC? Heck they just invited Cal Baptist. LOL

11 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Youre previous statement were and are attacked because you have been wrong.  Period.  What happened to you going to the WAC? Heck they just invited Cal Baptist. LOL

Was so wrong on how many sausages you scarf down and suck.  I'm not right about everything to your satisfaction.

• Downvote 1

Folks, we all know SiouxVolley is putting out their thoughts, their speculations. Why get wound up about it?

It is no different than if someone were to come here and post that San Diego is going to Frisco and going to win it all. Sounds outlandish as I type it, but guess what: It could also happen. And there's the key: Could

If you've never posted a theory or a take on a situation I guess you're clear to whack away at SiouxVolley for being outlandish (as you would be as the saying goes "without sin"). 

However, if you've posted on the internet, well, you've posted a theory or take. ;) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

It is no different than if someone were to come here and post that San Diego is going to Frisco and going to win it all. Sounds outlandish as I type it, but guess what: It could also happen. And there's the key: Could

You also would get ripped for your "prediction" that you state as fact, especially if you're consistently wrong.

And you forgot to mention the reasoning behind you knowing San Diego will go to Frisco: because the name of the stadium in Frisco is Toyota Stadium and San Diego plays their games in a stadium near a Toyota dealership!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, southpaw said:

You also would get ripped for your "prediction" that you state as fact, especially if you're consistently wrong.

And you forgot to mention the reasoning behind you knowing San Diego will go to Frisco: because the name of the stadium in Frisco is Toyota Stadium and San Diego plays their games in a stadium near a Toyota dealership!

Is it a year of Jubilee?

• Upvote 1

On 12/1/2017 at 9:06 AM, southpaw said:

I'll be honest.  I was wrong here.  I thought Frank's Honda and Toyota Auto Repair off Adams Avenue in San Diego was really going to lead the Toreros to victory.

More unease in the MVC.  Some of their mbb coaches are insisting on having 20 conferences games.  That means MVC expansion.  The MVC has inserted a clause in the Arch Madness arena contract that a four game first day must be hosted, which would make 12 teams.

Murray St is likely and someone else like Milwaukee, UIC or ORU.  The Horizon seems set to go to 12 too with IPFW and Robert Morris.  If Milwaukee or UIC are grabbed, they would have to add someone else like SIUE or Lipcomb.

WIU could go to the OVC when the fear of the Summit moving West becomes great.

Here is an article on how Coastal Carolina will qualify for FBS by meeting the 15k attendance mark.  Coastal didn't even have a 10k stadium when it was FCS.  This season they had a 15.4k stadium with expansion.  They plan to further expand it to 20k.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/sun-belt/coastal-carolina-university/article186539223.html

16 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Here is an article on how Coastal Carolina will qualify for FBS by meeting the 15k attendance mark.  Coastal didn't even have a 10k stadium when it was FCS.  This season they had a 15.4k stadium with expansion.  They plan to further expand it to 20k.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/sun-belt/coastal-carolina-university/article186539223.html

What’s the point of expansion when currently they are running at 70% capacity, that would be like us getting the Alerus to 20k. Makes no sense until there is SRO at every game. Also schools doing the “Eastern Michigan” technique gets spendy every year. It’s nice if a corporation buys the tickets but to have the school foot the bill like Akron....ouch!! Hopefully if the FBS splits they can cancel that attendance rule for the G5 conferences and keep the rule for the uppe tier(P5).